Bluelight

Thread: Suboxone Assistance Program - Free Suboxone For Low Income Patients

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I really feel bad for people who can't get insurance. i have your typical state insurance. and guess how much i'm paying for everything for suboxone? doc visits, pills, etc...
    $0!
    i can't imagine someone actually has to worry from month to month about being able to afford this wonderful medication or not. i went to check what my pharmacy charged me for a 2 week supply and i just can't imagine being a junky and having that kind of cash so i DON'T have to do dope. it's just impossible. i don't want to break any rules here so i won't state how much it is. but you know, it's your regular, nation-wide, chain pharmacy.
    and i also don't wanna scare anyone from not getting this. help is out there. if ye seek, ye shall find. please just look for it people. and don't take no for an answer. if you need to go somewhere, start your local syringe exchange. or even the local hospital i think.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CocksuckerNJ View Post
    I really feel bad for people who can't get insurance. i have your typical state insurance. and guess how much i'm paying for everything for suboxone? doc visits, pills, etc...
    $0!
    i can't imagine someone actually has to worry from month to month about being able to afford this wonderful medication or not. i went to check what my pharmacy charged me for a 2 week supply and i just can't imagine being a junky and having that kind of cash so i DON'T have to do dope. it's just impossible. i don't want to break any rules here so i won't state how much it is. but you know, it's your regular, nation-wide, chain pharmacy.
    and i also don't wanna scare anyone from not getting this. help is out there. if ye seek, ye shall find. please just look for it people. and don't take no for an answer. if you need to go somewhere, start your local syringe exchange. or even the local hospital i think.
    You pay nothing for your prescription? I had good insurance and i paid $40 no matter the dose.

3. Collapse Details

Do u have to have a job to qualify for it? And do you have to be going to a doctor for an opiate script to qualify? If You buy the pills off the street can you still get this program for free suboxen?

4. Collapse Details

^ you can qualify if you have a job, but you have to be in the low income bracket. It actually works better for you if you do NOT have a job.

And no, you won't get free Suboxone if you're buying them off the street. They aren't going to fund your illegal habit. You have to be getting Suboxone from a doctor in order to be eligible for this program.

5. Collapse Details

I dont have an addiction to suboxene... Im just trying to quit pills and the script for suboxene is crazy expensive. Getting a script of pain pills is less expensive then getting suboxene. Which sucks. I cant afford to quit:-/ Unless i can get the program to work

6. Collapse Details

My advice would be to go to www.suboxone.com, on the top right of the page you will see a blue button that says "Find a Doctor Now." Just above it is the box to enter your ZIP code, and a box next to that to select what the maximum distance between you and the doctor can be (5 miles, 10 miles, 20 miles, and so on).

Once the list is populated, call all the near by doctors and ask if they are able to take enroll you in the assistance program to get Suboxone for free every month. Each doctor can only have 2 patients on the program, but really, unless the patient asks for it, the doctor probably won't suggest it, so you could have a good chance of finding a doctor who can enroll you.

One problem is, a lot of doctors follow the prescribing practices to the letter when dealing with new Suboxone patients - don't be discouraged, though. What I'm about to say does not apply to EVERY doctor.

The first day, you aren't even supposed to get a script. A few days later, on the intake follow up appointment, they will write you the script and have you go fill it, then bring it back to his office so you can take the first dose. They do this so you both can find what dose works best for you.

After this, you are supposed to have weekly visits. On the visit where you get your script and take your first dose, he will write you a script for a week, then exactly a week later, you come back. You do this a total of 4 times, so for the first month, you get weekly scripts. In the second month, you come in twice every other week, so you will get a script for two weeks at a time.

After that month is over, you switch to once a month visits.

I mention all this because with the Assistance Program, R&B sends a months supply to your doctor. This could present a problem, because R&B won't send a weeks script every week- or two weeks script every two weeks. This can be fixed though. Maybe they will send a months supply to your doc, and he will just divide them up into weekly or two week supplies and give them to you on each visit.

I don't know if that will work, though. I have a feeling you will have to be getting a month supply of Suboxone prescribed to you before you are eligible for the program.

It wouldn't hurt to ask and find out, though.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Thumbs down
    My doctor wont go through the form signing process, I have apprioached it twice with him, however there are other qualities about him that keep me coming back even without insurance. My mental health takes the first priority once I have what I need to survive

8. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by robatussin View Post
    My doctor wont go through the form signing process, I have apprioached it twice with him, however there are other qualities about him that keep me coming back even without insurance. My mental health takes the first priority once I have what I need to survive
    He won't sign it, why?

Find another doctor who is willing to help you with this PAP.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by robatussin View Post
    Each doctor can only have 2 patients on the program, so are you sure he doesn't already have 2 patients on it? Or did he actually say, "I am not signing that form?"

I don't understand why he wouldn't. He's not losing any money by doing it- t's the pharmacies that would be losing customers - so I don't see any legit reason for why he wouldn't do it.

It's possible he knows that you wouldn't be eligible for the program (do you have insurance? If so, then there's very little chance you'd be accepted) and is saying he won't bother filling out the form because he knows it would be a waste of time.

Present your case to him on more time. Tell him the advantages of being on the program, especially for someone who does not have insurance and is unemployed.

If he refuses, why not find another doctor who will do it for you? Just because he's a doctor doesn't mean he's infallible or has your best interest in mind. Doctors are just another service provider. If someone came to install doors on your house and only installed half the door, would you pay him or continue to purchase services from him? Doctors are the same way. If they provide unsatisfactory service - medical treatment FOR A LEGITIMATE CONDITION* - then why should you have to pay them or continue to see them?

Society today has a problem where they put doctors on a pedestal. They think that if the doctor says, "Take this pill," then you must actually need to take that pill, simply because the doctor told you so. This isn't the case at all. They are just providing you with what they think is the best course of treatment, but because they are a doctor, we rarely think that they could be wrong, and that we should look around at other doctors to see if they can offer something that fits what you are looking for

Sorry, this turned into a bit of an off-topic rant, but it should still apply to your question.

* (the following is not directed at anyone specifically) I say "legitimate condition" because this advice doesn't work for those people out there who go doctor shopping for recreational drugs and end up ruining the quality of treatment patients with serious conditions receive. If the doctor doesn't give you what you want, who cares? You don't even need what you are looking for. Quit fucking it up for the people who are in serious pain, but can't get more than 5/500 Vicodin from their doctors because they are too scared to script something stronger - something that would actually work in treating the pain - because of they pressure they are feeling from the FDA and DEA to deny doctor shoppers access to legally prescribed drugs that will be used recreationally.

10. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    wow, this is great. thanks evolution

11. Collapse Details

ok i know i sound stupid but i want to get everything clear before i try this. I really need suboxene. Pills have and still are ruining my life.

Ok so i have no job... no insurance and no money at all. Does it sound like i qualify? I just dont want to get my hopes up that ill qualify and then it not. If i cant get it then i cant quit and i cant function and its just fucking me up. Do i just start calling the doctors offices in the area and see if i can get it?

12. Collapse Details
    suboxone assistance 
    Greenlighter
    I have been taking suboxone for nearly 6 months now... the first few months i was still using opiates heavily and sold most of my script. However, I lost my job a few months into treatment and asked my doctor about some financial assistance (In Ohio, the average cost per suboxone pill at a pharmacy is between 8-14 dollars). He told me to fill out the application and he submitted the information to the manufactuer ( i had to FAX some of the info in myself). My income met the guidelines and my doctor was able to GIVE me for FREE 60 8mg tablets each month. I've heard some doctors give out 90 8mg tablets per month, but 60 was plenty for me. Once I actually quit using opiates all together, I took 8 mgs every other day, only when I really felt anxious/cravings/withdraw symptoms. I've been completely clean from opiates for 25 days and I am down tom taking 2-4mg every other day. Narcotics Anonymous is not everyone's cup of tea, but I have been struggling with drug addiction for nearly 10 years (i'm only 26!) and I don't think I would've been able to stay clean even this long if it weren't for suboxone and NA... Just food for thought. But back to the topic, YES the program does exist, and as long as you are able to submit your income tax returns for the past 2 years, (i believe it was 2 years) your doctor will be able to GIVE you your prescription totally free of charge at his office. you will not have to take a script to the pharmacy to get filled. I still had to pay the office visit fee, which was only $100/month to see the doctor, but my script was 100% cost free!! Knowing I'd been spending $100 and more PER DAY to get high, paying $100/month to stay clean was very very worth it! Opiate addiction and withdraw is a bitch, but if i can get through it, anyone can! keep ya head up! Recovery is possible!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sxeirishgirl
    ok i know i sound stupid but i want to get everything clear before i try this. I really need suboxene. Pills have and still are ruining my life.

Ok so i have no job... no insurance and no money at all. Does it sound like i qualify? I just dont want to get my hopes up that ill qualify and then it not. If i cant get it then i cant quit and i cant function and its just fucking me up. Do i just start calling the doctors offices in the area and see if i can get it?
    from the first page. but your username makes me think youre irish, which in that case would make this unavailable for you. it's an american scheme

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionofthemind View Post
    You have to meet certain income guidelines, and your doctor has to fill out an application for you, but this patient assistance program supposedly pays for 100% of the cost of your suboxone prescription! It sounds too good to be true, but if I was going to be taking suboxone after this month (I'm currently working on weaning off) I would be all over this!

Suboxone Patient Assistance Program

866-512-2216

Eligibility Guidelines and Notes: The patient can have no public or private prescription insurance and have an income at or below $25,500 for an individual ($34,500 for a family of two, $43,000 for a family of three) The patient must be 16 years or older. A doctor can only have two patients on the program at any time, unless the doctor is treating over 60 patients with opiate addictions, then the doctor can have three.

Application Process: The doctor/doctor's office should call for an enrollment form. The enrollment form is faxed out. The completed application can be faxed or mailed back. The doctor is notified of acceptance or denial.

Application Requirements: The doctor must fill out a section and sign the application. The patient must fill out a section, sign the application and attach proof of income.

Program Details: Up to a 30-day supply is sent to the doctor's office. The doctor/doctor's office must contact the company to arrange refills. Every 3 months a new application is needed.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    yea I have the form my Dr set me up with this but of course it was when I finaly was geting OFF suboxone....I aint even gonna think of the shady ass possibilities for folks with "sales experience"....Shit, If i had a clean record and wasnt a fool in the past, I would be all over that, 100% profit...BUt that aint for me no more, ha, I would have to be the stupidest bitch alive to even think about goin back into THAT game...

Oh and selfmeditaker, sub SUCKS DICK when it comes to pain. horrible, shitty substitute, do not even bother

Dont matter, IMO Methadone is a much more successful and helpful treatment and i actually been able to stay clean for the first time in my life while bein on it, on sub i never made it past like 5 or 6 days, just long enough to piss clean for dr tests or probo tests and then get right back to slangin the pills and leave myself just enough to stay OK for a week and use the rest for dope money...sigh...sub really enabled me to stay usin matter fact. Its all about ur willingness tho. somebody whose ready to stop can do it with sub if they eally want to. IM jus saying that in my experience and my opinion, methadone makes it alot easier to be willing cuz u feel better emotionally and physically when ur off dope, so its easier to stick with than sub which always felt really shitty for me and never made me feel "well" instead of dope sick it was just like bein dopesick with the edge took off....even at like 24mg..8mg, 16 mg, 20 mg a day, all the same shit, it just didnt work for me but everyone different. just puttin the thoght out there
    Last edited by Khadijah; 08-01-2010 at 21:37.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    On October 8, 2009 Roxane laboratories won FDA approval for a generic preparation of Subutex and as of October 23, 2009 announced that it is ready for distribution nation wide in 2 mg and 8 mg sublingual dosages.
    Do we now have a generic version of buprenorphine available?

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...qRYlokKkFEoTtw

https://www.roxane.com/tpPortal/appm...lproducts_page

http://bidocs.boehringer-ingelheim.c...ngual+Tabs.pdf
    Last edited by evolutionofthemind; 17-01-2010 at 05:58. Reason: Add links

16. Collapse Details

^ Yes, it is available. There is a generic subutex, but not a generic suboxone. I have a script for it, as do many others. There's a thread about it somewhere, where people are sharing their experiences with it.

Here's a pic:
    NSFW:

17. Collapse Details

@Lacey
    If you're habit is high, no amount of sub is gonna help for the first week or so. When I switched from 2 bundles/day, the first two weeks were bad even with lots of sub. In fact, they were much worse than the current withdrawl I've been feeling trying to kick my sub habit. After about 2 weeks, you can settle in at a reasonable dose and be ok.
    Methadone is much easier to come onto from a high dope habit though. It was 10 times easier to go from dope to meth than dope to sub. And since it's a full agonist, it helps with pain too, which was a large reason for my habit.
    I don't know if I'd call being on methadone clean. You're still doing a full opiod agonist everyday. It's just controlled and allows for a much more stable life. I know I never considered myself clean on it. Not that I'm insulting your recovery in any way. I know that even getting to the point your at is very difficult...
    You don't have to be completely clean to be in recovery. The main thing is getting your life in order, which obviously it helps do.

@C.H.
    Can you signup for the assistance program w/o handing over money to a doctor first? I'm broke, out of work, and I hurt my knee (infection requiring surgery 2 weeks ago) so I can't even go back to work right now. I only just heard about this program, and would love to go, but I don't even have the $$ to see a doc for induction, let alone a couple visits until this program would kick in. As it is, it's cheaper for me to buy my 4 or 5 8mg subs a month on the street since I'm down to about 1mg/day. Even if I got free pills but only had to pay for a doc it'd still be cheaper my way. The cheapest in my area is 200/induction + 125 per visit.
    I got kicked out of a program from my last doc cause I couldn't afford to pay him. I had $100 left to my name, and he wanted another 125 just a week after a $200 induction becuase he only gave me a script for 1 week the first visit. So, I took my 100 bucks and bought 15 subs and put them in my bottle with my name o nit. Lasted me half the summer.

18. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by johanneschimpo View Post
    ^ Yes, it is available. There is a generic subutex, but not a generic suboxone. I have a script for it, as do many others. There's a thread about it somewhere, where people are sharing their experiences with it.

Here's a pic:
    NSFW:
    Can you split those 8mg pills up in pieces as easily as brand name Suboxone/Subutex? Or do you take 8mg at a time and would have no idea? I forget how much you're on.

Quote Originally Posted by lazylazyjoe View Post
    @C.H.
    Can you signup for the assistance program w/o handing over money to a doctor first? I'm broke, out of work, and I hurt my knee (infection requiring surgery 2 weeks ago) so I can't even go back to work right now. I only just heard about this program, and would love to go, but I don't even have the $$ to see a doc for induction, let alone a couple visits until this program would kick in. As it is, it's cheaper for me to buy my 4 or 5 8mg subs a month on the street since I'm down to about 1mg/day. Even if I got free pills but only had to pay for a doc it'd still be cheaper my way. The cheapest in my area is 200/induction + 125 per visit.
    I got kicked out of a program from my last doc cause I couldn't afford to pay him. I had $100 left to my name, and he wanted another 125 just a week after a $200 induction becuase he only gave me a script for 1 week the first visit. So, I took my 100 bucks and bought 15 subs and put them in my bottle with my name o nit. Lasted me half the summer.
    Yeah I believe you can. I think you can go to your doc, ask to sign up for the plan w/ his sig, fax it to them for free. When they send the pills over is when you might be asked to pay a fee for your doctor's visit but it shouldn't cost too terribly much.

I don't know for sure though. If you call the doctor's office and ask they should be able to tell you.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Captain.Heroin View Post
    Can you split those 8mg pills up in pieces as easily as brand name Suboxone/Subutex? Or do you take 8mg at a time and would have no idea? I forget how much you're on.
    They aren't scored and are actually quite hard. They pretty much look/feel like pills made to be taken orally (they are much harder than suboxone), which is odd. They can still easily be broken by hand though, or a pill splitter if one prefers. I take ~1-1.5mg a day, and I just break off/eyeball pieces and it works fine for me (break in half, then 1/3 or 1/4 of that depending on how much pain I am in that day. They aren't quite as easy to break as brand name sub but in all reality its probably an extra 15-30 seconds a day. No worries there, lol, I have time to spare. If I were using them to taper, a mg scale or liquid measurement would be necessary.

Thats my experience - surely others may vary. Actually I believe I read a thread where people were having issues with it (I dunno why/how), but its like 99% the same and I get my whole script for as much as one pill used to cost [ridiculous, huh?].

IMO they also dissolve faster, which is very convenient. Taken whole it would probably take forever to dissolve, but with the small pieces I break off it dissolves faster than an equal amount of suboxone, and doesn't have a funky taste.

20. Collapse Details

In the US there are hundreds of drug assistance programs for patients. I have no fucking clue what "Valium" is on about. There has been a suboxone assistance program here for years. Most docs that treat any low income patients will have their limit on the program (I think it's 3 patients / doc, it used to be anyway).

If you ever bother to listen to a commercial for a prescription drug here, you'll notice that they almost always end with "if you are having trouble paying for your prescription contact .... for assistance" and then there is the huge partnership for prescription assistance, and literally hundreds of programs.

This isn't new, but while I qualify, I couldn't get on it just because my doc had 8 patients on a waiting list. I didn't bother because I'm sure I'll be dead before all those other people started making enough money to get off of it - or before they clean up..

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by johanneschimpo View Post
    So is this just a pill to be swallowed.. or is it sublingual like the original suboxone was/is?
    Last edited by evolutionofthemind; 17-01-2010 at 23:47. Reason: Grammar

22. Collapse Details

^ Sublingual. Buprenorphine has a very low bioavailability. The generic formulation doesn't change this.

23. Collapse Details

I called today but no one was there. I will have to try again on Tuesday (MLK day is tomorrow). I am curious to see how it works since I am not on a suboxone program yet. I just don't have the money...

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Opiate addiction is becoming an epidemic in the US... It's flooded every social class in the country, In every age group. I remember kids selling there dads 5mg percs in middle school along with there adderal. Give it a couple years and this countrys gonna realize that they have to do something drastic to help there citizens suffering with addiction. Some senators teenage son/daughter is gonna OD. Then we might see them actually try to fix this serious issue of getting people help before it's too late. Suboxone should be free for those with no insurance but monitored somewhat like a methadone program(For those who cant afford to pay),Only because there are some people who take advantage of and abuse anything free, It can be used early in someones addiction, And maintained during a high risk period, Therefore preventing them from becoming strung out bums living on the streets which is an even bigger problem. I know it would take a lot of the freedom away, But it would be better then not doing anything at all. As far as those who say suboxone withdrawal is worse then the DOC withdrawawal I say "Bullshit" If a proper taper is done along with regular exercise/cardio(Running a couple miles every other day if possible), I know the withdrawals are very mild from my own personal expierience.

25. Collapse Details

^There are clinics that use suboxone instead of methadone that are free. I have one in my town.
    But, if I have I had to put up with the hassle of going to a clinic everyday and all the stupid meetings and groups and compliance; I'd just rather have the methadone. It's a full agonist so it's much easier for induction, tastes so much better, and is much more effective in any pain you're having.
    Don't get me wrong, I love suboxone, and without it I wouldn't be where I am. But, a large portion of why I like it is I don't have to goto a clinic everyday. That's one of the reasons I stopped doing dope. You have no control over your life. And going to a clinic everyday and all the crap is like liquid handcuffs.
    I'd also like to see safe injection sites. The one in Vancouver has saved over 1,000 lives from overdoses.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast