Ultra Music Festival 2009-Miami, FL

Dissonance

Bluelighter
The initial line-up has been released

ultra's website said:
The initial line-up for the first night of the festival includes Miami exclusive performances from: Tiësto, Bloc Party, The Ting Tings, Santogold and–making their first US appearance as a full band in seven years–drum and bass legends Roni Size Reprazent. Miami exclusive Artists confirmed for the second night of the festival include, Cut Copy, Deadmau5, Crystal Castles, The Presets, Hercules and Love Affair, Simian Mobile Disco, and Busy P. Carl Cox will also return to perform on both Friday and Saturday and will host the legendary Carl Cox and Friends arena with a full complement of special guests TBA. Many additional artists will be announced in the coming weeks.

This will be my first ultra. I'm a bit disappointed considering last year's line-up. I'm still hoping for one name that will make run out in this 20' weather and start working on my base tan for March. Someone like prodigy or Chemical brothers.

Orbital isn't going to be there this year, I guess they are going to do their first reunion show in 2009.

The first day is goddamn indie electronic, and Tiesto is headlining AGAIN!!!!! What in the world? Hasn't he headlined like, the last 2-3 years. Can we just leave him in the Netherlands for once?

Regardless, i'm sure they will bust out with some really sweet names, i'm hoping for Josh Wink, Paul Van Dyke, maybe Saunderson/Carl Craig, Ferry Corsten, Hawtin and the minus bunch.

Air fair and tickets just bought, if any of you are considering flying BOOK NOW. Roundtrip from MI to FL with no stops $160.

The initial line-up has been released

This will be my first ultra. I'm a bit disappointed considering last year's line-up. I'm still hoping for one name that will make run out in this 20' weather and start working on my base tan for March. Someone like prodigy or Chemical brothers.

Orbital isn't going to be there this year, I guess they are going to do their first reunion show in 2009.

Have no fear. They never announce the real headliners til later on. I expect PVD, Oakenfold, Crystal Method and Rabbit in the Moon will be there. The last time I was there Moby and The Prodigy were also there. The Carl Cox tent to me is a highlight, you'll find Josh Wink there at some point.

I'm starting to get pumped, I still havent bought my tickets yet, I I may before too long.

Last edited:
Tru to there form Ultra has announced the REAL line up. It's off the fucking chain.

http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/

phase2.jpg

Last edited:
Fucking A......... that lineup is insane. Wish they would have events like this on the west coast.

West coast must live with what Coachella brings :D

I've got my tickets to Ultra and my room lined up for Miami, can't wait woohooo!

I want to go to this so badly.

But ill be in DC that weekend...

GODDAMMIT!

Its on KIDDIES!!! SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be posting all the need-to-know WMC events for that week on this board very soon!

cheers
-omalley

yeah im gunna try to hit this.. infected, deadmau, cut copy = the s h i t.. moby, meh.

We need a BLer meet up spot..
I really want to go.. I've never been to any type of electronic/tech/house/etc show.
May have to hit this up.

Is this an all day event or just the evening? [I realize it's two days, =)]

I am going to Saturdays show, theres no way im missing infected mushroom and prodigy!!

We need a BLer meet up spot..
I really want to go.. I've never been to any type of electronic/tech/house/etc show.
May have to hit this up.

Is this an all day event or just the evening? [I realize it's two days, =)]

it goes from noon to midnight on both days...

I'll be down there!

I get to see Infected Mushroom twice in a month :cool: Kick ass

I booked them for my show in Syracuse.

I'm PUMPED I can't wait! The line up is sick fucking nasty.

LOVE Rabbit in the Moon =D

150 dollars though :( I booked my flight round trip nonstop from Indy for 175. Ultra is basically the cost of a flight wtf.

150 dollars though :( I booked my flight round trip nonstop from Indy for 175. Ultra is basically the cost of a flight wtf.

But well worth it...

Be prepared to shell out big bucks for the conference... unless you

a) have a WMC badge.

b) personally know some cats in Miami.

c) have friends that have done it before and know how to make the money last.

d) pick out some great free events to attend (there are plenty of them during conference.

Trust me, you can put a price on conference... Its always the highlight of my year!

Please forgive my noobness, as I have never been to an event like this before.

But, once you pay the $130 for the ticket to the show, what other expenses are there, besides the obvious ones like food, water, and party treats?