• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] JWH-018 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated Prophet

Bluelighter
I wanted to get some of this but i wasnt sure if it was safe to have it sent to my house. Is it legal in america and safe to have sent to my house?

As far as I know its legal.

Just be sure you can handle "the fear" which seems to be prominent with JWH-018. I guess you get more bang for your buck though.

Good luck.

Did you even *attempt* to search? There is a thread in ADD about these compound's legal status to too long ago.

Yes, it's legal, but I'd be very careful. There are serious concerns about its safety that are not at all purely academic. I won't go into much detail because I'm really not the person to speak about metabolism and cancer risk. I will say that there is little on this molecule or most of the other JWH's for your body to metabolize it with. At least one very similar drug (023 or something, IIRC) was metabolized to epoxides- the last route your body wants to use, and the one that produces the worst metabolites.

It's basically a big aromatic hydrocarbon, just the one nitrogen and one oxygen. Not much for your body to attack.

Probably the only thing worse would be the analogue created sans the nitrogen.

It is metabolite via epoxidation which leads to reactive toxic product in the same way PAHs (try searching with this word) is toxic.

Well, the amount used (few milligrams) should be OK, but it shouldnt be used regulary.

Research done on other closely related aminoalkylindole cannabinoids (JWH-133, WIN 55212-2, etc.) and other synthetic CB1/CB2 agonists (HU-210) have found nothing but anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18306335

The in vitro microsomal metabolism of JWH-015, a ligand that exhibits a high binding affinity at the peripheral cannabinoid receptor CB2, has been studied. A total of 22 metabolites were identified and structurally characterized. The metabolites are products of: 1) monohydroxylation on the naphthalene ring (m/z 344, M20 and M21), indole ring (m/z 344, M17 and M18), or the N-alkyl group (m/z 344, M14); 2) arene oxidation leading to dihydrodiols (m/z 362, M12 and M15); 3) dihydroxylation on the naphthalene ring (m/z 360, M7) or indole ring (m/z 360, M13), resulting from a combination of monohydroxylations on both the naphthalene and indole rings (m/z 360, M16), or a combination of monohydroxylations on the naphthalene ring and on the N-propyl group (m/z 360, M9); 4) trihydroxylation (m/z 378, M1, M3, M4, M6, and M10); 5) N-dealkylation (m/z 286, M19); 6) N-dealkylation and monohydroxylation on the naphthalene ring (m/z 302, M11); 7) N-dealkylation and dihydrodiol formation from arene oxidation (m/z 320, M2 and M5); 8) dehydrogenation after monohydroxylation on the N-alkyl group (m/z 326, M22); 9) dehydrogenation and monohydroxylation on the indole ring (m/z 342, M8).

I see nothing about epoxidation here. Am I blind?

That's because they list the end products, not the intermediates. Read the full paper to be enlightened :) .

Research done on other closely related aminoalkylindole cannabinoids (JWH-133, WIN 55212-2, etc.) and other synthetic CB1/CB2 agonists (HU-210) have found nothing but anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects.

jwh 133 is a completely unrelated benzopyran

..exactly!

It's the naphthoyl-moiety that makes up the cancerogenic potential. At least as far as it was published yet. WIN 55212-2 has such a residue...

Before the discussion now starts to what extend this one single study, performed with rats, is applicable to humans, I have to emphasize that large, aromatic residues without any substituents (very much like naphthyl!) are in general not really desirable.

Look at Wiki for the metabolisation of benzene (and why it is cancerogenic). The same principle is shared by naphthyl... So, even without further toxicological studies for those cannabinoids, I would act with maximum care!

Murphy

One would think that a substituted naphthoyl substituent would be less dangerous. e.g. JWH-081

this is all very frightening, especially with the the predominant explanation for Spice's effects being that it contains a JWH series cannabinoid, how many people smoke spice and spice alikes? thousands, tens of thousands? and all in time for the JWH series to receive a wider release as RCs in their own right, since these chems are highly euphoric and economical i hope some understanding of the toxicity is reached quickly.

in the worst case scenario where JWH-73/18/200 are metabolized to epoxides, what could the physical consequences be, would these metabolites damage lung cells or neurons and to what extent given a common recreational dose?

Cancer would be the problem. They wouldn't damage the lungs or the brain (at least not preferentially) but cancer is a real risk.

Hmm... Well, actually, looking at the location of tumors created by other epoxide metabolites of multicyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, the lungs do seem to be effected preferentially.

^^ Indeed. That's the biggest reason why smoking causes lung cancer--tars and resins in smoke are chock-full of naked aromatic hydrocarbons.

Mmm, aromatic hydrocarbons...welcome to flavor country.

Status
Not open for further replies.