• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Answer for how long Suboxone blocks opiates>>>

Telex

Greenlighter
I am pretty pissed right now.. and please don't lecture. I wanted to give people the straight scoop on Suboxone and how long it blocks other opiates because I've been a guinea pig lately and have first hand knowledge of what's what.

For every 8MG tablet that you take, you will need AT LEAST 24 hours before anything else will even work and even then it's only going to be halfway felt.

I took 2 and a half 8MG Suboxone on Monday around 2PM.. It is now Thursday at 11:50AM and I STILL could not feel the 40MG OC that I just ate 15 minutes ago!!!

It's been a full 3 days and I couldn't feel that pill in the slightest bit!!

So basically, don't waste your money if it hasn't been at least 36 hours since you took Suboxone. It's ridiculous how long that stuff lasts! WTF??

-Also I see a TON of misinformation about Suboxone floating around. If you take a different opiate AFTER you take Suboxone, you WILL NOT go into withdrawls. It just blocks it.

-The naltroxone in the Sub's IS NOT what blocks other drugs!!!! It is the bupe itself bound soo tightly to the receptors that nothing else introduced into the system can knock them off.

-Bupe is SOO STRONG that a shot of pure naltroxone if you were OD'ing on Suboxone would not even work very much because even THAT can't knock all the buperenorphine off your brain!

I just wanted people to have a first hand account of how long it takes cuz I always see soo much wrong info and speculation.

I am a recovering H addict who still bounces back and forth between OC's and Suboxone, but I'm slowly doing better. I have a TON of experience with opiates so I know what I'm talking about.

Telex's rule of thumb for bupe: Wait AT LEAST 36 hours for each 8mg pill you take. Even if you take 2 of them at the same time, it's still going to be AT LEAST 72 hours before you'll feel anything.

Like I said.. I took 2 and a half on Monday at 2PM and STILL had a 40MG OC COMPLETELY blocked at 11:30AM on THURSDAY!!!

To add...

IT IS true that you will go into withdrawl if you take a Suboxone AFTER you take a different opiate.. BUT there's a catch. You don't withdraw for very long.. only about a half hour to an hour.. then the bupe fills the receptors and you'll feel better.

The only way the withdrawl would last longer is if you only take like 2MG of Suboxone.. enough to knock the other opiates off.. but not enough to satisfy filling them back up.

If you have a heavy habit (80MG or more of oxycodone for example per day).. you'll need AT LEAST a whole 8MG Suboxone to feel OK at first.

Yeah, it lasts for a long time. I don't want to read your whole post because I need to leave, but its like this:

expdecay.gif

(and replace "grams" with "amount of bupe" or whatever)

^^butifuhl

its not that it "blocks" it...

Bupenorphine bind to your receptors so hard

unlike most opiates

so other opiates cannot get threw the Bupe wall of receptors lol

Are we supposed to replace the time with some other amount?

If you're taking 20mg of sub, it's going to a be a LOT longer than 3 days before a 40mg OC will touch you. Bupe is powerful stuff.

^ Yeah. thats just some random graph I took from google by searching "exponential decay." Ignore the units all together. I just wanted to show that bupe doesn't metabolize in a linear fashion.

Anyway, OP... look at that graph (ignore the units). Say that number 100 is the normal amount of bupe that you take. Well you can't get past the Great Wall of Bupe until bupe levels are below 15. It can be a while. Pretend like the "minutes" are hours or something, then double or triple them. Thats probably how long it will take.

EDIT: I actually read a tiny bit of the post. Did the OP ever consider that at such a large daily dose of bupe 40mg oxy just isn't enough to get high from, or maybe even feel at all???

^ In the OP I think he's saying even 72 hours wasn't enough. :\
Well, most of us with on/off bupe experience know that 72 hours IS enough time. So maybe his watch is broken and its only been 4 hours or maybe he's taking too little oxy and thats why he's not feeling it, because from what I've read of his thread, the pieces don't really add up.

^
Way too little oxy, imo.

20mg of suboxone is much, much greater than 40mg of oxy. Isn't the conversion something like .2mg bupe = 10 oxy?

I have a TON of experience with opiates so I know what I'm talking about.
Oh well of course. No offense meant AT ALL, but you're wrong on quite a few things, and I've only read one of your posts. As one of my lounge buddies might say: Lurk moar. I'll learn you right over time, doggone it.

Did the OP ever consider that at such a large daily dose of bupe 40mg oxy just isn't enough to get high from, or maybe even feel at all???

Exactly, If your gonna feel any thing after being on bupe for awhile and then want to feel any thing you better get some DOPE and SHOOT that shit. I would also try to get way down in dose(bupe) in the days leading up to useing anything else to get high.

If you take afew bupe pills your gonna have to wait forever, and fuck waiting. So if your smart about it I wouldnt atempt to do any thing until I waited most of the day, and this is IMPORTANT your last dose should have only been around 1or2 mgs.(or less) of bupe. And thats if your shooting some Heroin, I wouldnt even want to wait until I could feel some pills that I ate.

How about the idea of "shooting through bup"or something like that. What I will say is possibly dangerous so don't do it ppl. I was desperate. I took 8mg of bup around 9pm, fell into precipitated w/d, was in it til 12pm, thought of suicide, went to get dope, insufflated 6x the amount that usually works (took it 1 by 1 until effects were seen) and it worked. 1-2 hour later I needed to redose the dope cuz the effects were lessening quickly and I was again falling into w/d.

Could it have been the bup finally working or was it the dope. I'm still curious. This was a few months ago.

I'll just throw this in here...ive been on suboxone for almost 3 years now, been taking from 4mg to 8mg. 7 weeks ago i had a horribble painful accident, nearly cut my fingers off...anyqays, right when i got in the ambulance they gave me a shot of fentanyl, didnt feel a god damn thing...i had taken 4mg that morning...so at the hospital they shot me up with loads of morphine and dilaudid, all night, tons I didnt feel shit. So they gave me a script of 5mg percoset (yea i know, it blew!) until surgery. i was sick for that whole week leading to surgery...taking percs as much as i could, they kinda just kept me from being wicked sick, buit i still was...then surgery came and when i woke up i was deftinitley opiated up....but after that i got more 5mg percs and those still didnt helpo, i even snorted some H and barely got an effect, this was 2 weeks without suboxone. Point is, the blocking can have affect for a loooooooong fuckin time! i got back on the suboxone cuz i was sick of the dopesick feeling lingering every day...dealt with the pain. fuckin suboxone. it DEFINITLEY works tho!!

I feel H just a day after taking Subutex.

When I got down to 3mgs and less Subutex, I got a decent rush from H no matter how little time I had waited.

^Im on Subutex aswell, and it dose lessen the effects of dope somewhat. Iv never been on the orange pills so I dont know if the naltrexone does make the blocking affect longer, those 2mgs or how much ever you took are still there in your body. They make pills with soley naltrexone in them( I think they are like 5 or maybe 8 mgs) used to prevent people from getting high on opiates..........this opens the question(s) of subutx vs. suboxone?

A lot of factors are involved, everything from your diet, height/weight, frequency of administration, method of administration, length of time of uninterrupted daily use, drug used to get high and its method of administration and the amount, your body-fat index, renal and hepatic functioning, etc etc etc

This is very similar to the THC & drug testing issue. There are rough guides out there, but unless you factor in every physiological factor involved in Cannabis consumption and metabolism, as well as physical characteristics of the person involved, no chart or equation can tell you how long it will take before you will piss clean on a drug test.

Same thing with Bupe; there is only a rough guide to tell how long before enough Bupe has been metabolised and has left your receptors before another agonist can compete for affinity.

Once and for all, Suboxone contains Naloxone, not Naltrexone. The Naloxone is inactive in any way you take Suboxone, including IV injection. The ratio of Buprenorphine to Naloxone in Suboxone pills is 4:1. The 8mg Buprenorphine Suboxone tablets contain 2mg Naloxone, the 2mg Buprenorphine Suboxone tablets contain 0.5mg Naloxone. Aside from some side effects specific to Buprenorphine with Naloxone (such as headaches), there is no other physiological difference in how they 'feel'.

Oxycodone is much weaker than people think, and Buprenorphine is much stronger than people think (both in terms of analgesia and affinity for opiate receptors). One estimate of Buprenorphine analgesic strength says 600 micrograms (or 0.6mg) of Bupe is equal to 10mg of Morphine.

When down to 16mg/day of Buprenorphine, I waited 48 hours, and shot 160mg Oxycodone, and felt nothing. Later on, when down to 8mg/day, waited 36 or so hours and shot 4 bags of dope in one shot and OD'd (felt the rush, then blacked out, woke up on the floor several hours later).

It is different for everyone. There is no guide to when you can take other opioids after Bupe and be even close to accurate.

Dude.. I'm telling you.. as far as the experience goes, I know what I'm talking about.

There have been times where I ate 1 8mg Suboxone one morning and was able to feel dope the next morning.

This time was different because I ate soo much bupe at once. 2 and a half pills is 22mg!! I ate them on Monday at 2PM, ate a 40mg OC at 11:30 TODAY Thursday at 11:30AM and didn't feel one single thing. I can still FEEL the bupe too. When you've been on opiates for years, you can tell when it's still working because for me it gives me this numb feeling in my head.

My point is that I was more shocked at the fact that it's still SOO strong after over 72 hours that I can't feel a pill AT ALL... not one single bit.

I've cut way back on my dope/pills intake and previous to eating those 2 and a half Suboxone, I hadn't eaten any Suboxone for like 5 days so it's not like there was a build up effect going on.

Maybe drinking more water will clear it out faster.. this is ridiculous. I have a couple more 40's but I'm not eating them until I'm sure I'm not wasting them.

Also, what was incorrect in my original post?? I've researched the shit a ton. Soo what if I mixed up Naloxone and Naltroxone?? Same fucking thing.

My point of this thread was that as a safe rule of thumb.. wait at least 36 hours for every 8mg you took. Even if you ate them at the same time.. double the time. 16mg of bupe takes AT LEAST 72 hours.. I just experienced it.

Also, Subutex doesn't seem to last as long and doesn't block as much. I have no idea why either because it's the same thing just without Naloxone which only lasts a couple hours anyway.

I'm going to post this for the third and last time on this thread.

A 40mg OC will NOT get you high if you're taking over 8mg of sub a day.

I don't really think it'll get you high if you're only taking 2mg a day. Even with a 3 day break inbetween, you're tolerance wouldn't have dropped enough for it to have much of an effect.

Why do people argue with JC anymore? Clearly he is infallable and a religion with be started around him. Its only a matter of time.