• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Answer for how long Suboxone blocks opiates>>>

^ It should be noted that week on sub and a year on sub (or however long) are quite different.

I can't even imagine how much Sub is built up in someones system after a year of straight usage. Imagine taking 8mg every 24 hours. At a 36 hour half life, that would be ~+2mg every 24 hours. A lot.

It's weird, though, that a year later (almost 2 years in my case), after about 48 hours - most of the time even less - it feels like you have none left in you at all.

Last edited:
After a point an equilibrium is reached. A certain amount of Buprenorphine, depending on rate of metabolism, would be present in the body. It does not keep escalating every time you take the dose.

This is true of Methadone as well, or any long half life drug that is taken daily. It gets to a point where your daily dose is just replacing what your body metabolises/digests.

I remember I was bored one day and made a tally sheet for a drug with a 24 hour half-life (in perfect, non-real conditions), and I'm pretty sure the buildup asymptotically reaches twice the daily dose. I don't have the paper and I don't care to do 10 seconds of work to check, but I think that was the result. Like 50mg of methadone a day would eventually build up a resevoir "equivalent" to (its not really equivalent) 100mg steady state.
Eh, who cares though, since it doesn't reflect real life.

Usually it takes me around 48 hours to feel something but 72 for the full effects again. I've also heard people take Sub in the morning to not be sick and are blowin ocs at night and still noddin out. Idk, everyone is different. But Sub does have a very long half-life.

It is all about breaking the affinity and yes body chemistry, doses you took for the past week maybe two and how long you have been using bupe all play a key role. I did both bupe and dope in the same day and got BLASTED, I also have done methadone slightly after bupe with good effects. Fentanyl patches arent worth it if you are on bupe, too much OD risk and no euphoria otherwise.

If JC is a religion now, let me tell you I am one of the apostles that can write about the life and times of JC. I know his ex gf quite well (before and after they had an apartment), and I could tell some crazy stories, however I will choose not to do that because she is a better writer than I. He is back on Methadone and all three of us have not been on bluelight much since. If he ever dies (I am not hoping he will meet an untimely death, but if so, the truth will comeout on here eventually).

I don't see why some treat him as a god like figure, he is an addict, he has to deal with parents, he is just like the rest of us. He just chose to spend the majority of his time researching and abusing drugs. I have done the same as I am sure most of you have. I figure he just posted the most REASONABLE KNOWLEGE and he deserves props, but i dont know about a religion. One last note on this rant, AFAIK he kicked the needle and is on methadone. Dont quote me on that, just read the book when it comes out

www.myspace.com/hospitalshipband - indie rock from your block

If you want to prove me wrong, be my guest. If not, why try to be a smart ass?

If the fact that I know what I'm talking about angers you so much, pick up a fucking book. Don't hate on me because I have an education.

By the way, there already is a religion based on the life and travels of JC.

I live 3000 miles away from JC and know that he is not on Methadone.

I am very confused by Robatussins post.

I think he might be confusing you with someone else. He says you haven't been on BL much, but I see you on every day.

HAHAHA Rediculous. You are all So off. I think your just afraid to try jsut taking some dope cause youve heard it "might wast some dope"
I swear to you, (and Ive been on bupe for almost 2 years) that I can take a HALF or a whole norco, lortab, or percocet, merely a couple (3 hours) after taking a low sublinguled dose AND FEEL not only pain releif but the HIGH. no joke. Im not even fucking around. Apperently, since I was wise and never upped my dose up into the HUGE amounts (12, 16, 24, 32, 40) I never took over 8 mg in my life and I usualy take 4...........So apperently my tolerance for regular agonists HAS dropped, or its jsut the synergy of the bupe and the hydro becasue the dose of bupe is low enough apperently it doesnt block it I just get extra high.
of course Im a rare breed anyways,..........I get a HIGH off every dose of sub I take, especialy 4 mg will have me buzzing HARD every time : ) good shit

^ Weren't you the one saying earlier that you had to wait like 5 days and STILL couldn't get high, or was that someone else?

I don't see anyone being "scared" of wasting dope. I see people saying exactly what you are saying: you can still get high on Suboxone. I've done dope a couple hours after taking Suboxone more times than I can even remember, and never once did it completely block it. I still got high, although I did have to take a tiny bit more.

There is no "synergy" of bupe and hydro, or any opiate for that matter. Bupe DOES block some of it. It will never synergize.

God damn.. what a bunch of pricks there are on this board.

TELL ME WHAT "EXACTLY" IS WRONG IN MY OP??

Are you honestly debating that 8mg of Suboxone can take 36 hours to stop having a blocking effect?? Go ahead and be my guest then.

I have years of experience (unfortunately) with opiates and I know what the fuk works and doesn't. You can argue with me all you want about the little dumb shit I may have gotten wrong (example 2 and a half = 22mg) but what difference does any of that dumb shit make with the point of my post??!!!

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ARGUE OR DISAGREE WITH ME THAT SUBOXONE TAKES FOREVER TO GET OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM.. BE MY GUEST. WASTE YOUR PILLS OR MONEY. I EXPERIENCED FIRST HAND WHAT THAT SHIT DOES AND I'VE BEEN EXPERIENCING THE ON OFF WITH BUPE FOR YEARS.

EVEN IF I GOT A FEW STUPID THINGS WRONG, THE MAIN POINT OF MY POST IS CORRECT. IF YOU TAKE 8MG OF BUPE.. BE PREPARED FOR IT TO HAVE A BLOCKING EFFECT FOR 36 HOURS... ESPECIALLY IF YOU'VE BEEN ON IT FOR SEVERAL DAYS AT 8MG A DAY.

IF YOU TAKE 2 8MG BUPES ON THE SAME DAY, EVEN IF THOSE ARE THE ONLY SUBOXONE YOU'VE TAKEN FOR A WHILE, IT WILL DOUBLE THE TIME IT TAKES TO CLEAR THE BLOCKING EFFECT.

FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO'S DOUBTING ME.. IT IS NOW FRIDAY MORNING AND I HAVE FINALLY FELT THE SUBOXONE STARTING TO WEAR OFF BECAUSE I'M IN SLIGHT WITHDRAWL.

IT TOOK FROM MONDAY AT 2PM TO THIS MORNING FOR 20MG OF BUPE TO STOP HAVING A BLOCKING EFFECT. I DON'T CARE IF KNOW IT ALL'S LIKE JC WANT TO ARGUE WITH ME.. THAT'S WHAT I JUST EXPERIENCED.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME REPEAT THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since you know what the "fuk" is going on I figured that you would have realized that you are a moron....

I took 8mg of bupe at 11:00am this morning.. I took 40mg of hydrocodone at 1:30am (bout 45 min ago) and I am BLOWED. So tell me again that its going to take soooooooooooo long for everyone... No really, tell me. It makes me chuckle.

And yes the only reason I joined this forum because you are a moron.

HAHAHA Rediculous. You are all So off. I think your just afraid to try jsut taking some dope cause youve heard it "might wast some dope"
I swear to you, (and Ive been on bupe for almost 2 years) that I can take a HALF or a whole norco, lortab, or percocet, merely a couple (3 hours) after taking a low sublinguled dose AND FEEL not only pain releif but the HIGH. no joke. Im not even fucking around. Apperently, since I was wise and never upped my dose up into the HUGE amounts (12, 16, 24, 32, 40) I never took over 8 mg in my life and I usualy take 4...........So apperently my tolerance for regular agonists HAS dropped, or its jsut the synergy of the bupe and the hydro becasue the dose of bupe is low enough apperently it doesnt block it I just get extra high.
of course Im a rare breed anyways,..........I get a HIGH off every dose of sub I take, especialy 4 mg will have me buzzing HARD every time : ) good shit

dude you just recently said in the suboxone mega thread how higher doses of suboxone gets you much higher and holds you for much longer and now you are saying how you have never taken over 8mg of suboxone in your life?? ALSO, you said in another thread how you couldn't get high off norco if you tried. stop contradicting yourself. here i will post what you said in the other thread.

also-Ive found that the whole "less is more" theory is COMPLETE bullshit. I belived it until I actualy got up the balls (one year after I was prescribed my dose) to ACTUALY take my prescribed dose...........Ive never done it in my life ive always stuck with 2-6 mg. im prescribed 24.
well I took 16 a few days back and was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuckign high asnd felt SO amazing that i think the less is more people are Completely dillusional.and 8 mg sub holds me a million times better than 2 mg.
and 16 mg gets me high AND holds me the full 24 hours unlike 2-4 mg.
id say 6-16 mg sublingualed is the Perfect dose depending on tolerance but yea I jsut wante to say that for ME More is Definaly more Less is NOT more if I take just 2-3 im still sick as a dog. if I take 8 I feel great. 16 and im home sweet home its like doin dope. I can ONLY imagine how 24 mg feels like as ive been on the shit over a year and ive still never taken that much.

also Im very happy that so many of you can get by on 1 mg bupe. I WISH I COULD!!!!!
I also wish I could get high off a couple norcos. but that doesnt mean Im going to and that doesnt mean that 2 hydros works better than 8 just becasue it happens to be enough for one of you.
that is all. if you cant take my points of view and experiments without flaming me and basicaly calling me a retard than you have no busniess being on a site that is SUPPOSEDLY about education.
didnt mean to be a dick, but I asked kindly not to be flamed becasue I KNEW and KNOW that smoking pills is terribly unhealthy. I know this. Yet you still flame me anyways
peace

Last edited:
^ Thats why in another thread I advised that no one try to follow any "advice" given by this kid. At first I thought he just wasn't very well informed on the things he was talking about, but now I'm more inclined to believe that he's just a flat out liar and a troll.

So to anyone who reads a post by this cat ---> buyer beware! Take everything he says with a very large grain of salt.

i really can't stop laughing right now.

so much rapage. so much misinformation. way to fuck with harm reduction, buddy.

i've recently taken 8mgs of sub at 10 am, then at 8 pm grabbed two bags and was blitzed. and two bags isn't even much for me.

stop trying to argue while you can. before i started posting, i "lurked moar", and from what i've seen, JC, 6/7 and Tchort know quite a bit, if not an exponentially greater amount then.. well, everyone here.

you had NO credibility before you began this thread. now i believe you're negative some.

Wow. Chrisinabox, good eye!

ofukibenhearB4, you have just lost EVERY bit of credibility you might have had - which wasn't very much to begin with.

I'd be very careful about keeping your story straight if you want anyone to take you seriously around here. And remember what we talked about, about me respecting you? Well, you just blew it, and I think everyone else feels the same way.

Thx 6/7

ya i've been reading most of what "ofuk" has been writing since its so different, plus he always talks to ppl like their stupid and he is the only right one. and i remembered him talking about taking big amounts of suboxone in the megathread so it wasn't too hard to catch him doing that. i think he just talks out of his ass most of the time, maybe he is just too fucked up to even know what he's writing idk, or maybe he is just flat out lying.

I remember I was bored one day and made a tally sheet for a drug with a 24 hour half-life (in perfect, non-real conditions), and I'm pretty sure the buildup asymptotically reaches twice the daily dose. I don't have the paper and I don't care to do 10 seconds of work to check, but I think that was the result. Like 50mg of methadone a day would eventually build up a resevoir "equivalent" to (its not really equivalent) 100mg steady state.
Eh, who cares though, since it doesn't reflect real life.

You're right though, it's like a 96 mg resevoir. I remember doing this practical with clenbuterol (36hr half life) in 'ideal' asthma patients years ago at pharm college.