• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Answer for how long Suboxone blocks opiates>>>

Tchort- I don't know a lot about buprenorphine and I really appreciate your contribution to this thread and subsequently my understanding of bupe as well as the current context in which it is being used and abused. Thanks.

God damn.. what a bunch of pricks there are on this board.

And a lot of your other "facts" are wrong.

TELL ME WHAT "EXACTLY" IS WRONG IN MY OP??

Are you honestly debating that 8mg of Suboxone can take 36 hours to stop having a blocking effect?? Go ahead and be my guest then.

I have years of experience (unfortunately) with opiates and I know what the fuk works and doesn't. You can argue with me all you want about the little dumb shit I may have gotten wrong (example 2 and a half = 22mg) but what difference does any of that dumb shit make with the point of my post??!!!

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ARGUE OR DISAGREE WITH ME THAT SUBOXONE TAKES FOREVER TO GET OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM.. BE MY GUEST. WASTE YOUR PILLS OR MONEY. I EXPERIENCED FIRST HAND WHAT THAT SHIT DOES AND I'VE BEEN EXPERIENCING THE ON OFF WITH BUPE FOR YEARS.

EVEN IF I GOT A FEW STUPID THINGS WRONG, THE MAIN POINT OF MY POST IS CORRECT. IF YOU TAKE 8MG OF BUPE.. BE PREPARED FOR IT TO HAVE A BLOCKING EFFECT FOR 36 HOURS... ESPECIALLY IF YOU'VE BEEN ON IT FOR SEVERAL DAYS AT 8MG A DAY.

IF YOU TAKE 2 8MG BUPES ON THE SAME DAY, EVEN IF THOSE ARE THE ONLY SUBOXONE YOU'VE TAKEN FOR A WHILE, IT WILL DOUBLE THE TIME IT TAKES TO CLEAR THE BLOCKING EFFECT.

FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO'S DOUBTING ME.. IT IS NOW FRIDAY MORNING AND I HAVE FINALLY FELT THE SUBOXONE STARTING TO WEAR OFF BECAUSE I'M IN SLIGHT WITHDRAWL.

IT TOOK FROM MONDAY AT 2PM TO THIS MORNING FOR 20MG OF BUPE TO STOP HAVING A BLOCKING EFFECT. I DON'T CARE IF KNOW IT ALL'S LIKE JC WANT TO ARGUE WITH ME.. THAT'S WHAT I JUST EXPERIENCED.

Also, for those who think that it's just because 40mg of oc isn't enough because my tolerance is high....

I don't take bupe every day and before monday when i took the 20mg it had been like 5 days since i last took bupe and 40mg oc's "would" get me high.

The point of me posting was simply to tell people first hand how long it can take because i constantly see people posting like they know what's what with bupe and they've never even been on it!!

I have enough experience with every kind of opiate to know what the fuck is going on. This was a first hand experience and i wanted to share it because people never know what's up with suboxone.

I am 6 foot 2 and around 180 lbs. That will at least give a little idea of body size etc. Because that would surely be a factor in how certain amounts of a drug effect you. For my body type, 20mg of bupe taken one time blocked other opiates completely for almost 4 full days. Why would anyone even argue this?? It's a fact that bupe has a mean half-life of at least 36 hours. What is soo hard to believe about it??

Also, the tolerance argument is b.s. Taking 20mg of bupe one time will not increase your tolerance soo much that you won't feel 40mg of oc at all 4 days later. My normal daily dose of bupe is 8mg and prior to taking the 20mg, it had been 5 days of only taking oc and not bupe.

i still ask jc and the other arrogant assholes around here to tell me what was "incorrect" in my op.

Errr...........your posting on a "discussion" board.

If reading opinions that differ from yours bugs you so much, then why bother?

If reading opinions that differ from yours bugs you so much, then why bother?

Because "opinion" isn't involved whatsoever when you post about a 1st hand experience.

Not to mention that every factual Suboxone reference online backs me up. Wikipedia says that it has a half life of 36-72 hours.

How can that be "opinion"??

Not to mention the tone of assholes like JC who speak as if I'm lying or don't know what I'm talking about pisses me off.

I've done every opiate in the book, shot heroin for 5 years, been on Methadone, Bupe etc maintanence several times and have done Bupe enough to know when I can still feel it. It gives me a very distinct feeling of numbness in my head and up until as late as yesterday afternoon (over 72 hours after taking it), I could still feel it pretty strong.

This isn't to say that SOME people react differently. I even said that there have been times that I took 8mg of Suboxone one morning and was able to feel IV'd heroin 24 hours later. But even then, the H was not felt 100%. More like 50-60%.

The only explanation I can think of for it taking soo long this time was that I took more than double my normal bupe dose at one time. I could still feel the bupe very active even 72 hours after the dose.

None of this is based on "opinion". Everything I said about MY experience was fact.

UPDATE:

I felt pretty bad this morning (Friday) when I woke up.. I started to get restless legs and was yawning alot. I could tell I was definitely starting to finally withdraw from the Bupe dose of 20mg that I took on Monday at 2PM.

About 25 minutes ago, I snorted a full 80MG of OC and while it made me feel substantially better, I STILL did not get any sort of high. No nose itching etc. My tolerance had been lowered recently to the point where even a 40MG OC snorted would have gotten me at least a little high. All 80MG did even after 4 days of last taking Bupe, was make me feel better. I'd say I feel the effects 75%.

People can take this advice or leave it. I really don't care. I'm simply telling you that my first hand experience has been that you need AT LEAST 24-36 hours for every 8MG of Bupe taken if you want to be SURE that you'll feel other opiates.

Don't believe me?? Fine. Do it then and see for yourself. I defy anyone here to take 20MG of Bupe at once, then try to get high on something else within 48 hours. You'll simply waste your money doing so.

lol

Remember Telex, that everybody is different, especially with a drug as weird as Bupe.

Why is a Wikipedia citation laughed at?? That's the most factual bit of info on Bupe that I've seen.

UPDATE:

GOD I AM SOO PISSED!!! WTF??!!!

I just IV'd my last 40mg's of OC and again, BARELY felt anything. This is ridiculous! I honestly cannot believe that after 4 full days, I'm still having a blockade effect even after 100mg of OC. All it did was take my withdrawl symptoms away, but I got absolutely no high whatsoever. I will never take that much bupe at once again. It's honestly ridiculous. What a GD waste of money.

In summation for those who didn't read through this whole post:

While everyone's experience may vary, my experience this week was the following:

After ingesting a ONE TIME DOSE of 20MG of Suboxone on Monday afternoon at 2PM, I am STILL having a blockade effect on Friday at 11 AM!!!

As I said.. everyone is different so it may not be the same for others, but this was my experience. Unbelievable that it lasts this long. I am beyond pissed right now. What a waste.

^ We've already gone over this. After 4 days, if you're still not feeling 40mg of oxycodone, then it isn't because of the bupe, it's because of the tolerance. Bupe will not block the receptors for that long.

Because "opinion" isn't involved whatsoever when you post about a 1st hand experience.

None of this is based on "opinion". Everything I said about MY experience was fact.

You're right. It's not opinion when it's based on first hand experience. In that case it would be a subjective experience, and in the grand scheme of things, it's even worse to call a subjective experience FACT than it is to call an opinion a fact.

If you use your buprenorphine intravenously (e.g. with buprenorphine ampoules) it has a much shorter duration, which, to a lot of people, is more appealing.

Yeah, but the shorter duration is a very small benefit (if you can even call it a benefit in the first place) compared to all the negative aspects of IVing Suboxone/Subutex.

Last edited:

I've done every opiate in the book, shot heroin for 5 years, been on Methadone, Bupe etc maintanence several times and have done Bupe enough to know when I can still feel it. It gives me a very distinct feeling of numbness in my head and up until as late as yesterday afternoon (over 72 hours after taking it), I could still feel it pretty strong.

This isn't to say that SOME people react differently. I even said that there have been times that I took 8mg of Suboxone one morning and was able to feel IV'd heroin 24 hours later. But even then, the H was not felt 100%. More like 50-60%.

The only explanation I can think of for it taking soo long this time was that I took more than double my normal bupe dose at one time. I could still feel the bupe very active even 72 hours after the dose.

Here's a professional opinion from a pharmacist: you are misinformed about a lot of things. First of all, when you get your math wrong and say that naltrexone and naloxone are the "same thing" (your words) how can ppl take you seriously?
Then you continue to say it's all of us who are wrong, and just you who are right. Yes, you're right when you say bupe will block receptors for days afterwards, but it sure isn't an all or nothing affair as you make it out to be. And tolerance plays a huge part here... if a heroin addict using 10 bags a day takes a 10mg codeine tablet, what happens? Tell me, your experience says he won't feel it right?
You should be a little more humble and learn some more before you tell us how much experience you have.

Not to mention that every factual Suboxone reference online backs me up. Wikipedia says that it has a half life of 36-72 hours.

How can that be "opinion"??.

Um, want me to show you my opinion on Wikipedia? Tell me what half-life you would like buprenorphine to be and I can make it so. Not such a factual reference after all... :\

I just IV'd my last 40mg's of OC and again, BARELY felt anything. This is ridiculous! I honestly cannot believe that after 4 full days, I'm still having a blockade effect even after 100mg of OC. All it did was take my withdrawl symptoms away, but I got absolutely no high whatsoever. I will never take that much bupe at once again. It's honestly ridiculous. What a GD waste of money.

And this isn't tolerance? You just said you were going into WD so your receptors are no longer blocked. Any other explanation you care to offer as to why 100mg of oxycodone IV didn't get you high? I can't even understand why you're on bupe in the first place when you obviously have a supply of opiates... that's a whole other story though..

Last edited:
Yeah, theres very little chance IMO, that bupe will still be blocking after 4 days..

If you use your buprenorphine intravenously (e.g. with buprenorphine ampoules) it has a much shorter duration, which, to a lot of people, is more appealing.

Can't be "much" shorter. Duration is affected by half-life, due to metabolization, and by the ROA. Half life will be the same, so you're implying that the roa is behind the duration change. The roa affects duration, and onset among other factors, due to different absorption rates associated with the various roa's. IMO, if you're comparing intranasal vs intravenous, the duration difference isn't very noticeable. The onset difference and intensity certainly is though.

And this isn't tolerance? You just said you were going into WD so your receptors are no longer blocked. Any other explanation you care to offer as to why 100mg of oxycodone IV didn't get you high?

I didn't even notice that (to be honest, I skipped the majority of his first post for obvious reasons). If he's withdrawing, then obviously the buprenorphine is no longer on the receptors, and obviously it can't be blocking the oxycodone if it's not there in the first place, so obviously it is his tolerance and NOT the Suboxone.

Should be quite obvious.

wow, alot of people here are taking realey big dosses of buprenorphine like higher than 16mgs at one time?! We all know that you will have to wait aloooong time before you can be able to use again. But what do you guys put the time of waiting if youv been on only aroung 1mg( twice aday) for afew days? By fuckinng around myself Iv found that waiting 16-24 hours and by then you can IV some drugs, propley longer if your eating pills or whatever. The more bupe the longer the wait. The huge doses are not needed.

This thread is kind of like talking to a brick wall. There's not much need to post in here anymore. djsim/sixpartseven and a few others pretty much raped this thread to death on page three. This kid is just grasping at straws now. This thread is dead. QED.

More importantly:
I was actually being serious, just a little tongue in cheek. If you remember I commented in the mod thread stating I'd love to have you as a mod. I KNOW you're educated and KNOW you are the most consistently accurate and knowledgeable person around and I respect that greatly and so I don't get why people try calling you out. I'm sorry if it came off as sarcastic.
Sorry about that man, that was the result of not being able to read sarcasm on the internet and also having my guard up a lot. I didn't remember the comments you made in the mod thread until you reminded me, but now that I do I thank you very much for the kind words. Next time you make a joke I'll remember this and the context and I won't blow up on you. ;)

i have a question regarding bupe. I take 1-2mgs per day. I can take some h and get a nice itchy high like 6 hours after i dosed on bupe. is this because there is not enough bupe in my system? Or isthat not a high enough dose to block all of the effects of heroin?