• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why is MDMA not very addictive?

Look, my point is, the comedown is harsh, which leads to someone needing a few days off to recoup. Now, most people have jobs, appointments, relationships, etc. to be dealt with. It simply isn't a drug you can do frequently, as it will literally cause you to collapse with depression and exhaustion from the over-stimulation of your brain during those 3-5 hours. I think that's common sense.

Tolerance builds so fast. Roll one day, roll the next and you'll need more and you won't even get as high.

I would say that this is mainly due to its tolerance profile.
With even limited redosing, MDMA ceases to release addl. 5ht, becoming more like expensive speed. It is difficult to become habituated, as after a few days of constant use, the drug will do nothing.

ebola

Right. It's self-limiting. This is why MDMA tends to stay amongst the hallowed halls of the entheogens and psychedelics, even though it does have a bit of an amphetamine dark side when abused. If MDMA actually lasted longer, and worked like speed does with repetitive dosing over days, then well, we'd have quite the frightening drug on our hands. Luckily such a drug is an impossibility, since it goes against the nature of our metabolism.

MDMA is special because it is self-limiting. It lends itself to be more of a once-in-a-while, special experience.

It seems supply is a significant factor. Some members have easy access to high quality MDMA all the time, but most users do not. Also it is prohibitively expensive.

in europe a pill is cheaper then a sandwich, so price doenst seem to be the main reason why it isnt abused daily

vinylmesh is right, I'm currently taking a drug class. Taking drugs orally is the "safest" and the least addictive method because it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier quite as fast because it has to go through all this other shit in your body to get there. IV has the most addictive potential.