• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why is MDMA not very addictive?

kratom luver

Greenlighter
I keep hearing these fantastic reports of wonderful MDMA experiences and descriptions of the extreme euphoria this drug induces, yet also hear that addiction is uncommon. If MDMA and related compounds are so euphoric, then why is it not addictive to most people (the vast majority of people don't find it difficult to control their use of this substance, as far as I am aware)?

Unfortunately I cannot try this drug, as I am unwilling to ingest something that is potentially harmful to my psychological wellbeing.

Last edited:
i'm wondering the same thing, when talking about addiction to mdma most ppl refer to weekly use, wich hardly is an addiction like other drugs

Because of the after-effects. The comedown isn't a picnic, even if you get clean mdma, your head is still scrambled for a few days after. With other drugs, one usually feels fine the next day. Bottom line, mdma is a hard drug on your body, hence, moderation.

The comedown is awful... but I wouldn't say that is why I don't use it frequently. I just feel no overwhelming push to use the substance on a regular basis.

Drugs like (meth)amphetamine have a terrible comedown but they are far more addictive, so that ^ argument is not a very good one.

This drug is addictive as hell, i don't know what you're talking about.

Me and so many other people I know/have met have gone on multiple month long binges of taking anywhere between 3-12 pills a day.

It's not fun.

I think its because you CAN'T successfully feel the affects day in day out, while with other drugs you can.

Does the drug actually feel better than opiate euphoria? I'd be really interested in whether people who have used both drugs who have abstained from both for a while would choose MDMA over heroin if they had a choice of doing one between the two, if they were presented with a choice between the two drugs.

From the physiological/biological perspective, COCAINE and AMPHETAMINE work mainly on dopamine (blocks its reuptake/etc). Dopamine is the main neurotransmitter for feelings of reward and pleasure. Therefore there are many cases where you see these drugs as more "addicting" than MDMA. I'm not saying MDMA is not addictive because it works mainly with serotonin (I believe it deals with a bit of dopamine too)...but just a different kind of addicting in that, if you REALLY really wanted to...you could live without mdma. You might not think you can't though ;)

and honestly, from what I've seen/heard from other friends, cocaine and amphetamine comedowns are harsher than mdma comedowns. And I'm talking about clean pills/molly.

MDMA is Psychologically addictive, not Physical addiction, like alcohol or Heroin.

But because what mention above from rickolasnice, you just would be wasting a perfectly good mdma/e ,

Smart and more experience MDMA Users, do less, but obtain the most out of each experience.

More young people are Brainwashed by this ideology,

"Having a Good Time = Getting Shit Faced"

Others, Older more wise adults

"Having a Good Time = Balanced Lifestyle"

MDMA/E is a serious Drug, Please have Respect for Her

I would say that this is mainly due to its tolerance profile.
With even limited redosing, MDMA ceases to release addl. 5ht, becoming more like expensive speed. It is difficult to become habituated, as after a few days of constant use, the drug will do nothing.

ebola

In the past, I had access to lots of X and analogues. Even though I loved it, I never abused it because I couldn't handle my daily work/school life on it. I got addicted to weed, ritalin/ritalin, occassionally meth, oxycontin and heroin because I could not only handle, but performed better on it. People could never tell I was on something.

I only was addicted to crack and benzos after I didn't have to work/go to school.

Thinking of the first time I tried cocaine/oxycontin/heroin, I was shocked at how "mild" it was at low doses in non IV ROA compared to acid/x/DMT/5meos/TC-family.

what the fuck are you talking about
i quit coke and heroin and i cant quit this

Because of the after-effects. The comedown isn't a picnic, even if you get clean mdma, your head is still scrambled for a few days after. With other drugs, one usually feels fine the next day. Bottom line, mdma is a hard drug on your body, hence, moderation.

Coke also gives some people terrible comedowns, and it's one of the most addictive drugs out there. So I really don't think it has anything to do with the comedown of MDMA. Maybe it has something to do with the substances that are present in E? I'm not sure.

It seems supply is a significant factor. Some members have easy access to high quality MDMA all the time, but most users do not. Also it is prohibitively expensive.

Cant keep getting high on it. It is really addictive for some though.

two reasons.

MDMA is most often used orally. We know that drugs are far less addictive when used orally. In fact it has been shown that the addictiveness of a drug is very strongly related to the speed of the come up. This is why crack is so much more addictive than regular cocaine and why tobacco is so addictive even though it's effects are weak (inhaltion- fastest method of delivery= instant come-up, high addictiveness).

the second factor is the comedown. It takes a long time for the brain to replenish it's serotonin supplys (compared to dopamine) after using MDMA. So if you use MDMA before you have regained an adequete amount it won't be very euphoric.

au contrarie (spelling?)
ecstasy is VERY addictive!
mentally though
not physically