Bluelight Funding - 2008 (final push)

oops, I am lame. I found it. I sent 10 US. Sorry I don't have more. This site is invaluable.

While any and all donations are needed and appreciated:

1 - one should never mail cash, ever. If lost, you have no recourse. Better to send check or money order (if you wish to disassociate your name).
2 - we do not yet have a US postal address, though I was supposed to have one before the end of the year. I'll have it shortly, so you can wait until that's updated in the donation information, or send it to the Australian address.

^^Check out the DRUG STUDIES forum, that's where they are held and tracked. :) Thanks to all who continue to help however they can.

If you prefer a more discreet entry on your statement, please use the alternate email address [[email protected]]. If you prefer not to use Paypal altogether, you can donate via Moneybookers to our account [[email protected]].

Sorry if this has been answered already.

Can I send this from a bank? Like a money transfer?

What about Western Union?

I'm sure these have been answered but I just don't have time to spend researching now.

I can send a donation but it has to be absolutely discreet.

Last edited:
i'm not sure if people can see this:

Last edited by edarrin; Today at 18:16.. Reason: sorry..read the first page which answers all my questions

Just throwing this out there in case getting the final money raised is an issue...

You should add a splash page that asks people to donate before they get to the forums. Then if that doesn't work add a timer where people have to wait 10 seconds or whatever on the splash page before getting to the forums.

The real thing that would get this donation thing happening is some kind of incentive. I suggest you get this done by the end of this year. Even just a custom title or any kind of token gesture of appreciation.

IMO: It's taking waaaay too long to raise the $$$. I'm worried about next year!

U should look into buying ur own server. I have a coupla friends that have their own servers and they rented out space very cheap.

FYI, from the previous page. not that we should get complacent, of course...

Just an update, folks....

We cleared € 6k!!!

The progress bar has been updated, and we're still striving to get the 'emergency funding' of € 1.5k above that, but at least your favorite site will be here for another year. Our thanks to all for what you've given thus far - not just from the staff but on behalf of all the members (and lurkers). We'll update this again in a bit with more information as we can, but we wanted to share the warm fuzzies with all our donors to let the holiday season begin without this burden hanging over us all. This truly reflects the generous nature of our members and the mission we all support of Global Harm Reduction and the open sharing of information. You guys all ROCK! (yeah, I'm showing my age on that a bit :eek:).

For those that were still planning to give, or those that wanted to give more, we still need that legal emergency fund and we can get a good start on next year's fund raising. Donations will continue to be accepted :D

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Donation Question

I was wanting to donate some money to keep the site alive, and noticed there is no credit card option and on the EZ test page it says "Payment option removed". So my question is: Was there ever a CC option to pay, if so how long will it be disabled? Thanks guys.

There were PayPal links on the EZ-Test Kits page, but PayPal recently changed their user policy and have deemed the testing kits as 'drug paraphernalia' thereby suspending our ability to use them for transactions. We had to take down all PayPal connections between the test kits and our donation page to get them to unfreeze the BL account, which they have now done. We've already been looking for alternatives and will update both the EZ page and our donations page once we've got a solution in place :\

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for continuing to support our site. We'll try to update this discussion once we have resolved the issue. :)