Bluelight Funding - 2008 (final push)

I just saw a thread mentioning a time line of sorts? I think time line is not the correct term, anyway I absolutely want to donate funds, I just won't have funds available for about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. I've been around since MDMA Clearinghouse and really, want to do this though. How urgent is urgent, maybe that's a better way of putting the question. (sorry for the rambling I'm more then a wee bit tired)

I have only $10 in the bank. I'll be finished with this semester on Wednesday, then I'll sell some stuff on ebay. I should be able to send at least 15 euros in 10 days or so. I'd send more if I had lots of money, but my financial resources are limited and I'll want to use most of that money for other things.

Dear post #65, please refer to post #57. We typically pay our bill at the first of the year, so ideally we'd want to reach our goal by the end of '08.

im banned from paypal. if you manage to set up another online payment provider then ill donate something in the new year when i have some money again.
This sites been very usefull over the years

im banned from paypal. if you manage to set up another online payment provider then ill donate something in the new year when i have some money again.
This sites been very usefull over the years

Was it you who got banned for the sex tape thing ? ;) :D
You can send money orders aswell though.

Anyway, sent a little bit . End of the month will be more comfortable .

no it wasnt a sex tape thing, lol. I got banned a while ago for selling things on ebay i didnt own and taking the money. I had to pay the money back but i still got banned from ebay and paypal.
I dont get any money till january so ill pay something then to help with next years costs

I for my part have donated a miserly ten euros.

There's no such thing as too little :).

We only need a few hundred people to chip in ten euros every so often, and we'll be fine.

Thanks to everyone. <3

someday i'll have more than 83 cents in my bank account... :D

I feel bad for not donating yet, it will happen. I promises. I just have other things happening in my life right now that unfortunately are slightly more important. :\ feels bad man.

Thank you to everyone who donated! I'm happy to say I made a donation as well.

Let's keep these numbers growing!

^ i'm pretty sure only the site owner has access to that information. i do not.

alasdair

Not right now, as the Paypal account is accessed by the site owner (johnboy). I believe the Paypal submissions have the opportunity to indicate your username, should you want it known you donated, but right now, no. The Admin do not see who donated and how much.

In the future, yes, we should be able to tell through a variety of methods. We've discussed tiered 'perk' offerings, and these would most likely need to incorporate a way of having the donor recognized or not (depending up on their choice). Some people prefer to remain unknown, others will pay for perks that will need to be tied to their account. So, there's one way of knowing ;). Also, there are software add-ons for sites like ours that can handle both recurring (automatic) payments from people, as well as other ways of managing incoming donations (rather than the simple Paypal link currently provided) which would of course have a way of knowing your account name and donation value.

Realistically, the admin do not have anything in place right now to know who gave how much. The owner can see the amounts and from whom (either the Paypal account name, the real world name on the check or envelope that was mailed, etc...provided the donor chooses to have that information on their submission). The future....has many possibilities. All of which will have to balance modes of payment (snail mail, bank direct, online transactions like Paypal, etc) with the intent of the donation (perks, anonymous, etc) - it can get messy, so we'll enter into that area slowly to ensure we remain transparent and protect our donors information.

good to know. i was wondering cause when you follow the link it says donation from: so and so.

Very rough breakdown of donations since 3/12

122 Donations

18 < €10
55 = €10
12 = €10 to €20
17 = €20 to €25
6 = €30 to €35
3 = €50 to €80
1 = €100
2 = €150

Totaling €2054.52 net (after paypal takes its cut)

Thank you so much to everyone. The generousity is overwhelming!

Our goal is €7000

75.71% of our goal has been reached

Very rough breakdown of donations since 3/12

122 Donations

18 < €10
55 = €10
12 = €10 to €20
17 = €20 to €25
6 = €30 to €35
3 = €50 to €80
1 = €100
2 = €150

Totaling €2054.52 net

Something wrong with the math, I missed a post, or others donated more before 3/12
Is that March 12 (the way we write it in the States is 3/12/08) or December 3?

EDIT: Oops, I get it . . . from post #2:

02 December 2008 update to the 2008 funding campaign:

We are currently roughly half way to our goal, with a month to go until our annual hosting bill is due. Of the €3,890 donated, more than half has come from sponsored surveys and slightly less than half of that amount from member donations.

And, 3/12 = Dec 3rd.

EDIT: What, "sponsored surveys"?

Last edited: