Best "Opiate" Songs

StonyMcDumbass

Bluelighter
Post your favorite songs that you think best mimic, represent, or recreate the effects of Opiates, or another drug. I just picked that because thats what I'm on and am having trouble finding something to listen to, but i think it would be interesting to hear what different peoples opinions are.

"Down in a hole" by Alice in Chains
"Girl With Golden Eyes" by Sixx A.M

Last edited:
ditto to comfortably numb and velvet underground's heroin, also billy idol's version of heroin from cyberpunk, like johnny cash's version of hurt better than original by NIN, legalize it by peter tosh

"Sun Lips" by Black Moth Super Rainbow
"Dramamine" by Modest Mouse
"Pennyroyal" by MF DOOM
"Dumb" by Nirvana
"Look Good in Leather" by Cody ChesnuTT
"Bitter" by Cypress Hill
"Runnin'" by The Pharcyde

Radiohead-Karma police; Fake plastic trees;
CKY-Close yet far;
The Shins - Phantom Limb.

to me, it would be sittin on the dock of the bay by otis redding. i love doing any opiate and putting that song on and chillin out.

"Sun Lips" by Black Moth Super Rainbow
"Dramamine" by Modest Mouse
"Pennyroyal" by MF DOOM
"Dumb" by Nirvana
"Look Good in Leather" by Cody ChesnuTT
"Bitter" by Cypress Hill
"Runnin'" by The Pharcyde

Nice choice on the MF DOOM, and Pharcyde songs.

That reminds me, "Drop" by The Pharcyde really reminds me of being on Opiates, especially if you watch the Music Video, it really mimics that kind of liquidy wavy feeling of that you get on some Opiates, because the music video was shot backwards and some of its really trippy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3qMdkucM0

Good link on the Pharcyde's "Drop".

I have had some amazing times, zoned out and opiated on "The Shooter" and "Mo Fire", by Weezy, chopped and screwed by Mike Watts. (Ignore Watts' cringingly bad verse on The Shooter. It's embarrassing as fuck.)

Hell Is Chrome by Wilco is one of my favorites as well as Cold Brains by Beck. Neither are about opiates or anything but are great to nod out to.

In general, I usually listen to Wilco or Elliot Smith when on an opiate, but there is nothing better than snorting a fat line to VU- Heroin... besides maybe doing a fat shot.

I like nodding to the new Deerhunter LP Microcastles (specially Agoraphobia) as of right now.
Old stuff though big thumbs up to the VU's Heroin and the live version of What Goes On or anything by the VU really.
Spiritualized Let It Flow or anything off the Pure Phase album is good too.
And obviously Spacemen 3's Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs To.

when i used to do opies

ribbon on a branch-younger brother
baby bitch-ween
i cant hardly stand it-the cramps
replenish- bassnectar
anything pink floyd

anything by Spritualized

FUUUUUCK

I clicked on this thread just so that i could post Spiritualized - and you beat me by a post! :)

i'll just name a single song, since it was my most recent "opiate song"

"Lay Back in the Sun ['Electric Mainline' EP Version]" - Spiritualized