Best "Opiate" Songs

Trying to keep away from heroin and just not wanting to stay sober? Coldplay’s Warning Sign says it all!

Gonna be nodding hard to Darkside of the Moon (in it's entirety of course) after finally shooting H in the coming week :D

other notibles from the past for:
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
King Heroin - James Brown
kudos to who mentioned Crystal Castles
Firefly - Airiel
Running Up That Hill - Placebo

thats all at the moment i can think of

Cat Powers various covers. She covers the stones - satisfaction, the animals - house of the rising sun and oasis - wonderwall. Her voice is hypnotic. Her stuff is great when Im nodding.

I agree with JahRed24x, I love Lil Wyte "Oxycontin" to listen to!!
Also, Bobaflex- "Home" is awesome to listen to on Oxymorphone 8o=D

John Prime Sam Stone
Townes Van Zandt Waitin Around To Die
Waitin For The Man VG
Some I like

Townes was the real deal, sadly his hardly known in England, I can count the fans of his over here on one hand & his not that big in the USA which was his home too sadly.
When he sang on this subject you can feel it, I had him clocked on playing one tune when I first found him.

I've never even got a hint of music euphoria on opiates (I've been physically addicted numerous times so it's not like I don't have some appreciation for them, mostly by default because booze and benzos suck to chill on.)

Am I the only one?

Chasing the music

I've never even got a hint of music euphoria on opiates (I've been physically addicted numerous times so it's not like I don't have some appreciation for them, mostly by default because booze and benzos suck to chill on.)

Am I the only one?

There were a few moments in time when I was on only opiates, and I found almost everything euphoric (didn't matter if I was doing the dishes, listening to music, or both). However, the euphoria was drowned out by feeling more sick than in pain, and eventually I found the primary effect to simply be drowsiness. Not much fun to chill when I can't stay awake. I occasionally take a pain med here or there if i have a spinal flare up...but honestly I resent having to take anything of the sort anymore.

I guess, music is a drug of choice. Regardless of substance preference, music tops them all.