Best "Opiate" Songs

Boredoms : Vision Creation Newsun (the whole album)
Contagious Orgasm : Cill Drop
Dan Deacon : Wham City

Gerard Joling's recording of Somewhere Over The Rainbow (ukelele version)

its just so totally blissful.

also - pretty much anything by zero 7, particularly passing by and waiting to die.

Marcy Playground - Wave Motion Gun

this song is awesome too.

Wave Motion Gun (aka the needle, rig, gear, ect..)

I always liked listening to shoegaze when I was shooting. Asobi Seksu and Sereena Maneesh especially. I also like some electronic music, mostly minimalistic styles. The Field has a "comforting" and "engulfing" sound that I really like, very mellow but highly stimulating.

Last edited:
K's Choice - Not an Addict
Heroin - Lou Reed
Any of Kurt's songs

Sheryl Crow - Steve McQueen

Lol, yea I know it makes almost no sense but it reminds me of getting high with my friends and romping on my mustangs.

I like to listen to acoustic type music when I'm high on opiates.

if i'm energized i'll listen to any at the drive in (especially live) because cedric and omar were addicted to h when they were in atdi.

when i'm just numb and comfortable:
Bjork - Joga (from the album Homogenic)
Circa Survive - The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose
David Bowie - Sound and Vision (from Low)
Death Cab for Cutie - Lightness
DC4C - For What Reason

Anything by Janes Addiction but especially Three Days and I Would.

Guns N Roses- Mr. Brownstone

Grateful Dead- Everything is good but especially Morning Dew, Birdsong, Crazee Fingers, and I Know You Rider.

Led Zepplin- Rain Song

that Lil Wayne song "I Feel Like Dying" is fucking bad ass. Its cool he makes reference to marijuana, codeine, and Xanax bars. lol Also found it cool he referenced "The flowers are dead" meaning opium poppy.

I thought this thread was about Tool's wonderful EP...my favorite track off of that is the title track.

I like stuff like Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, Russian Circles on opiates.

some of the songs/artists don't mention specific dope references (some do)but to me just got that vibe: stones-dead flowers
can't you hear me knockin
time waits for no one
moonlight mile
sway
before they make me run
lou reed-sweet jane, waitin for the man
AC/DC-shoot to thrill
sinatra-i've got you under my skin
tony bennett-fly me to the moon
spacehog-in the meantime
and alot of warren zevon, and most important to me when i'm feelin no pain, any of that 70's blaxploitation soul/r&b like bobby womack's "up on 110th st" it's some of the best diesel music ever recrded IMO

local h, as good as dead, bound for the floor, others..
alkaline trio, my little needle, queen of pain, others..
wilco, handshake drugs, shot in the arm, also others..

ahh make the connection guys? their all chicago bands.. and what??

You have to listen to Miles Davis' albums "Kind of Blue" or "Round Midnight" all the way through during a good opiate high. Even if you don't like jazz, these albums were made under the influence of 2 monster H habits(Davis/Coltrane) and their sounds are slow and mellow. Perfect for opiates.

led zeppelin - no quarter
elliott smith - high times, white lady loves you more, needle in the hay, JUNK BOND TRADER

woww. good choice with no quarter, my all time fav Led song... a few of my fav's are

Deftones- Digital Bath
Deftones- Battle Axe
The Doors- The End
Pharcyde- Passing me Bye
Felt- The Biggest Lie
Massive Attack- Angel
Prodigy- Warriors Dance
Silversun Pickups- Rusted Wheel
Tool - Eulogy
TV on the Radio- Staring At the sun
Pink Floyd- Shine on you crazy diamond 1&2
Slightly Stoopid- Killing me deep inside