Best "Opiate" Songs

Anything by Slowdive/Mojave 3. Or any shoegaze, really.

recent one ive been enjoying while high:
empire of the sun - we are the people

does it have to be non-electronic music? pffft haha
Ochre - Low Grav Freefall

old lou reed, 70's soul music

and yeah, that track golden brown by the stranglers. one of my favs. Also for some reason west end girls by the pet shop boys makes me think dope. There are dozens of tracks i can think of that make me think about opiates.

Drug Mix 2009

Ok I don't wanna brag but I got a thing for music and making good CD's, and all these songs are dope and would make a great mix CD with songs that are all talking about drugs/opiates.
Im going to lay out the best songs about drugs/opiates for you guys right here:

Artist / Song Title

Sublime - Pool Shark (song about his fight with heroin addiction)
Terra Naomi - Vicodin Song
Marcy Playground - Poppies
Marcy Playground - Wave Motion Gun
Marcy Playground - opium
Slightly Stoopid - Collie Man
Slightly Stoopid - Im so high
The Dandy Warhols - Heroin is so Passe
Vendetta Red - Opiate Summer
Chinese Rocks - Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers
System of a Down - Shes like Heroin
Gym Class Heroes - Pillmatic (lyrics speak for themselves)
Lil Wyte - OxyContin (lol prolly the most well known, and too many lil kids know about this song and it just so happens to mention all the "GOOD" pharms, shows u how the RX generation is beginning)
Avenged Sevenfold - Brompton Cocktail(I don't really like this kiind of music, but title of this song is righteous.)
Tool - Opiate
Tool - Pot
Eminem - Drugs got a hold of me
Eminem - Rock Bottom
Silverstein - My heroin
Screeching Weasel - Cindys on Methadone
Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers (about heroin)
Manic Street Preachers - Methadone Pretty (this is different, but i like)
Marlon Asher - Ganja Farmer
Red Hot Chili Peppers - under the bridge (about shooting heroin under a bridge, lol)
Sarah Mclachlan - In the Arms of an Angel (about the guy in smashing pumpkins that died in 1996 of a heroin overdose. I believe he was the keyboard man.)
Paul Wall - Sittin' Sidewayz (, i think its about being faded on Tussin syrup)
A Baltimore Love Thing - 50 Cent
Neil Young - The Needle and the Damage Done
Long Beach Shortbus - Everyone Is Beautiful (AMAZING BAND!!)
James Brown - King Heroin

damn i gotta save this list now and make a CD for myself. ha! i have tons more songs about drugs and/or opiates, but don't wanna type forever and tried to only put down the songs that where blatantly about opiates/drugs.

the beatles - happiness is a warm gun

or

john lennon - cold turkey

whichever applies.

'marcy playground - opium' is a great song that resembles the feeling of opium/another opiate and the lyrics are good too. check it out on youtube.com

Heroin by the Velvet Underground is too patronizing while on an opiate high imo for such a good band with so many good songs.

Pinback - Tripoli, Shag
Radiohead - Everything is in it's Right Place
Belle & Sebastian - Like Dylan in the Movies

U2 - Bad

I can't believe no one on this forum ever mentions this song. If you've ever done opiates, then this song will get to you. I listened to it for the first time in years the other day, I cried a lot, just cause it so beautifully matches how I feel about the drugs.

Last edited:
led zeppelin - no quarter
elliott smith - high times, white lady loves you more, needle in the hay, JUNK BOND TRADER

i've recently come to enjoy nodding to "the dandy warhols - orange"
its very hypnotic. im not really a fan of any of their other songs, its all too poppy for me. plus the lead singer seems like a tool, going by the movie Dig!

also i'd have to agree about shoegaze being perfect. it's almost like thats what it's for, haha.

i always had on gdead- looks like rain or widespreads cover of city of god.

havent listened to those songs in almost a year now though :)

Post your favorite songs that you think best mimic, represent, or recreate the effects of Opiates, or another drug. I just picked that because thats what I'm on and am having trouble finding something to listen to, but i think it would be interesting to hear what different peoples opinions are.

damn man you live in the great state of texas, how could u be unable to find dope shit to listen to..with all the southern influenced hip hop

damn man you live in the great state of texas, how could u be unable to find dope shit to listen to..with all the southern influenced hip hop

good southern hip hop is dead! :(
chopped and screwed went to hell when that Dj Screw died and that fuck Paul Wall replaced him