• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opana ER

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do no pharmacies carry opana? i called over 10 pharmacies to get my script filled, then my workman comp insurance (which pays for all of my meds) rejected it because it was too expensive! i wont say how many i got but the script cost almost $1000! how can anyone afford to buy their script?

Just wanted to let everybody know, BE CAREFUL, when you're taking Opana, because it will continue to sneak up on you, and before you know it? - You've overdosed. Almost happened to me one night when I took one, it didn't work, then I took another (because I THOUGHT it wasn't working...) and then took a third. Pretty soon I was too messed up to do anything, wound up going home, waking up and puking, etc - it was pretty bad. Soooo, just be very careful with this drug. This is the type of drug given for breakthru-pain, for people with chronic illnesses who are in need of constant medication for their pain. Even my stupid self, who has to take this everyday, got snuck up on, by it. Hope this information helps to save somebody's life...

Good post... and thanks for putting it out there. My friend bought some thought it was OC.. snorted it.. and bammo. She lived but people need to know about this..

I am looking into Opana for my chronic pain? How is it? I have only heard from the getting high aspect of it but not from the theraputic. Thanks :)

Snorting is probably your best bet , but if you want to try shooting it there is a long thread in OD with different peoples methods to shoot it. Many turned out to be total failures however.

snorting is good, taking a fatty meal before helps too, or if you really want to shoot it you can always do the alcohol extraction method found somewhere on this site. Though it is still not ideally safe by any means (nor is shooting any other pill), it is the only way I know of to actually successfully prep opana er for injection. and be careful, it is very potent stuff. If you bang 8mg of dilaudid, I would start out at around 2-3mg and work your way up.

ive been scripted opana 30 ERs for 11 months now, snorted. Ive had baby blues (IR 5s) and pinks (IR 10s) and those are awsome to IV. But ERs cant be shot easily, they gell up right away. Im sure it could be done but if your not a chemist or an IV pro its not gunna happen. But hey, Opana is my DOC and even with my tolerence its still awsome to snort. Just peel off the coating and crush away!

Just wanted to let everybody know, BE CAREFUL, when you're taking Opana, because it will continue to sneak up on you, and before you know it? - You've overdosed. Almost happened to me one night when I took one, it didn't work, then I took another (because I THOUGHT it wasn't working...) and then took a third. Pretty soon I was too messed up to do anything, wound up going home, waking up and puking, etc - it was pretty bad. Soooo, just be very careful with this drug. This is the type of drug given for breakthru-pain, for people with chronic illnesses who are in need of constant medication for their pain. Even my stupid self, who has to take this everyday, got snuck up on, by it. Hope this information helps to save somebody's life...

its happened to the best of us... sometimes even after 11 months they sneek up on me. its one of those "uhhh im not fucked up" when u dont realize how messed up you are. then the next day your like "...holy shit!"

Opana is great! I take 20mg twice a day and my pain has gone down significantly. Also snorting them is amazing. All in all great drug!

20mg of Onama being high dose LOL BABY DOSE

Man, this is oxymorphone, not oxycodone! Holy tolerance, Batman!

I have been chewing approc 240mg of opana ER daily or BID, I know it got out of hand I started with 10mg percs then after couple years of increasing the dose I was taking ntw 20-25 percs 10/325 for MONTHS and can u believe no liver problems HOW? but be god, then I wa switched to Oxycontin after finding several docs I kept my dose at 250-300 either once or twice a day, but now I got switched to opana 20mg ER and after taking 10 of them I feel nothing (yes pain relief at 90%) BUT NOT 100% BUT I am taking it orally, what would be the best way for me to take such a high amount? Plugging, smoking it? ( I know decrease first I KNOW) but still any ideas, please help@!

I have been chewing approc 240mg of opana ER daily or BID, I know it got out of hand I started with 10mg percs then after couple years of increasing the dose I was taking ntw 20-25 percs 10/325 for MONTHS and can u believe no liver problems HOW? but be god, then I wa switched to Oxycontin after finding several docs I kept my dose at 250-300 either once or twice a day, but now I got switched to opana 20mg ER and after taking 10 of them I feel nothing (yes pain relief at 90%) BUT NOT 100% BUT I am taking it orally, what would be the best way for me to take such a high amount? Plugging, smoking it? ( I know decrease first I KNOW) but still any ideas, please help@!
Don't smoke opana, or any other pill form that matter........oxymorphone only has an oral bioavailability of 10%, so you really waste most of the drug.......nasally is the best ROA for opana ER, its BA goes up to like 40% that way.

why do no pharmacies carry opana? i called over 10 pharmacies to get my script filled, then my workman comp insurance (which pays for all of my meds) rejected it because it was too expensive! i wont say how many i got but the script cost almost $1000! how can anyone afford to buy their script?

whoa brother, you are getting fucked by someone here, osco cvs and my target carry this medicine
someone close to me gets 60 20mg opana er's a month for $35
Now nucynta 100m g, that stuff is expensive even with the 20$ off coupon

why can't you find Opana in pharmacies

i'm with the one guy who said that alot of pharmacies carry Opana, but they don't stock it because it's really expensive and not many people get prescribed Opana - so, it ends up staying on their shelves as inventory, and that's no way to run a business, any business (even a pharmacy)

The best thing to do, if you are on pain mgmt and get a scrip monthly for Opana, is to call ahead to the pharmacy a week to 10 days before your normally scheduled dr. appt, and they will order it for you and have it when you come in. Since not many people get Opana (let's face it, everybody gets fucking Oxycontins...which can't hold a candle to Opana), you won't have to worry about someone else coming in before you and filling their prescription before you get there.

Also, go on Endo's website and download their FREE coupon that gives you a $25.00 discount off your prescription - you just print it off and bring it with you to the pharmacy each month and they will take up to $25 off the price at the register. It's great because it's good for 12 visits, which gives you $600 worth of discounts over the course of a year. Oh, and here's another hint...go to the pharmacy on a day you have time (and some of your Opana left) and have them activate your coupon. They have to call an 800 number and it takes some time - trust me, it sucks when you have to wait for that on the day you're trying to get your Opana scrip filled and going through WDs

Good LUCK

i'm with the one guy who said that alot of pharmacies carry Opana, but they don't stock it because it's really expensive and not many people get prescribed Opana - so, it ends up staying on their shelves as inventory, and that's no way to run a business, any business (even a pharmacy)

The best thing to do, if you are on pain mgmt and get a scrip monthly for Opana, is to call ahead to the pharmacy a week to 10 days before your normally scheduled dr. appt, and they will order it for you and have it when you come in. Since not many people get Opana (let's face it, everybody gets fucking Oxycontins...which can't hold a candle to Opana), you won't have to worry about someone else coming in before you and filling their prescription before you get there.

Also, go on Endo's website and download their FREE coupon that gives you a $25.00 discount off your prescription - you just print it off and bring it with you to the pharmacy each month and they will take up to $25 off the price at the register. It's great because it's good for 12 visits, which gives you $600 worth of discounts over the course of a year. Oh, and here's another hint...go to the pharmacy on a day you have time (and some of your Opana left) and have them activate your coupon. They have to call an 800 number and it takes some time - trust me, it sucks when you have to wait for that on the day you're trying to get your Opana scrip filled and going through WDs

Good LUCK

Whoa, I wouldn't say that. Unless you are talking IV, I would much rather have Oxy. To me, Opana provides a slightly more "sedating" buzz, even when "railed" I personally prefer Oxy, myself.

whoa brother, you are getting fucked by someone here, osco cvs and my target carry this medicine
someone close to me gets 60 20mg opana er's a month for $35
Now nucynta 100m g, that stuff is expensive even with the 20$ off coupon

$35 if anything was just a co-pay, Opana is a very very expensive medication. A 10mg Opana IR costs around $7 per pill while a 40mg ER will cost somewhere around $12 per pill. Any insurance is a great insurance if it will cover Opana. Most are probably waiting for the generic version to come out I believe in late 2011.

Last edited:
Whoa, I wouldn't say that. Unless you are talking IV, I would much rather have Oxy. To me, Opana provides a slightly more "sedating" buzz, even when "railed" I personally prefer Oxy, myself.

IMO Opana's effects just overpower oxy. Once used to Opana, oxy becomes basically useless. After using it for almost two years, I dont notice an overpowering sedation. Sometimes I get a nice nod, but the majority of the time I will just get a strong euphoria that keeps me from wanting or feeling like I need to go to sleep.

I felt Oxy was really really great, until I used Opana.

its happened to the best of us... sometimes even after 11 months they sneek up on me. its one of those "uhhh im not fucked up" when u dont realize how messed up you are. then the next day your like "...holy shit!"

Haha, I do this all the time with Opana. Its hard to realize just how fucked up you are until you wake up sober the next day.

I must say, I dont understand how people can say OC > opana. Oxycontin doesnt do shit to me anymore even in high doses, whereas I can rail an Opana 40 and get rocked for hours.

Haha, I do this all the time with Opana. Its hard to realize just how fucked up you are until you wake up sober the next day.

I must say, I dont understand how people can say OC > opana. Oxycontin doesnt do shit to me anymore even in high doses, whereas I can rail an Opana 40 and get rocked for hours.

Well, it's really hard for me to understand how you get rolling, via railing a 40. I was scripted Opana twice in my life, once when it first came out, and once about 8 months ago. Both times, I chose to quit it and go back on OC.

I was scripted 2 40s and 2 20s/per day. Due to my insurance, I remained on Roxy 30s instead of the Opana IR. For some reason, my insurance company would not pay for the IR formulation.

Due to how you worded the above statement, you may think I'm blowing smoke. But, I have consistently railed 80-120mg. Maybe would catch a buzz, but nothing like your describing. And, I really wish I COULD say otherwise.

So, it's GREAT that you have such a positive experience with Opana, I'm just adding to the discussion that not EVERYONE may expect the same kick ass results!

Best

how long does it take for Opana to hit you intranasal?

Status
Not open for further replies.