GHB and GBL

ActiveA

Bluelighter
I've heard about these substances being used for their "steroid" like effects, can anyone give me some info about this?

I'm taking GHB for the first time this week and would like to get some background information on the so called positive side of the drug.

Thanks, AA.

Seeing this, I remember I heard about it before, it elevates the growth hormone in the body.

If you take it before bed (make sure you don't become dependant on it to get to sleep) it raises your natural product in growth hormone, which I find noticeably aids in recovery if you do it 2/3 times a week after a big work out

Ah, thanks for the information. I might start taking it after my weight sessions then.

Is there a minimum dose for the boost in growth hormone?

I thought ghb raises the level of growth hormone but also raises the level of prolactine which counters th effect of the growth hormone? I could be wrong tho I don't find any info on it.

raises both cortisol and prolactin levels which kinda negates effects. Although synthetic gh use generally raises both these values too. Use in clinical trials was 2.5g IV if I remember and this raised GH levels 16x times and prolactin levels 4-8x. Something like that....

Anyways this is a recreational drug- its best to keep it to recreation. There are so many horror stories of addiction from serious abuse of this. A belief that this is "helping" you in any ways would likely lead to some serious dependence. Its better for you than alcohol and its pretty physically harmless comparitively but drug dependence is never a good thing....

^ I agree with what P-MO is saying. Look this up if you'd like to read more of my (and others') thoughts...its been discussed here.

if you're looking for a legal not as physically dependant substance try phenibut. It took me a few times using it to really key in on the effects but now every time I take it works better and better (makes a change to my brain somehow?).

it knocks me out now around 1.5g.

Hmmm, I'll look into phenibut, see if it interests me.

Thanks for the help guys.

I've heard about these substances being used for their "steroid" like effects, can anyone give me some info about this?

I'm taking GHB for the first time this week and would like to get some background information on the so called positive side of the drug.

Thanks, AA.

hehe. Steroid like effects, I wouldn't go that far. GHB hits the GABA receptor (pretty sure) and causes a significant elevation in natural growth hormone production. Also good for date raping and going into coma-like sleep. Enjoy! lol

phenibut does aid in recovery especially when combined with some growth hormone releasers like CJC1295

Using G for sleep to induce muscle gains is the worst idea I've seen floated around in a while. First off, if you want steroid like gains, do steroids. The baby boost in GH production is negligible.

Secondly, I just spent an entire night wide awake with my girlfriend after a dose of GHB. The DA kick you get about 2-3 hours after ingestion is NOT cohesive to quality sleep. GBL will do the same, as will BDO. The latter two are also a bit caustic, I wouldn't recommend regular consumption.

As for prolactin levels rising, this is true as well. I've known a guy that has experienced some problems from the rise.

Save your G for party times, and take some melatonin if you really need that extra good sleep.

Run a search under my screen name. I had a post ghb and bodybuilding. It was part I and II.

GHB and GBL can be used to get very high quality sleep which is most helpful for muscle recovery.

To get the most out of any GH potentiation, you would need to take it on a regular basis, which I would definitely suggest not doing.

Doesn't it help burn off some fat, nothing major but to help you get from 11% to 8% bf?

GHB and GBL can be used to get very high quality sleep which is most helpful for muscle recovery.

To get the most out of any GH potentiation, you would need to take it on a regular basis, which I would definitely suggest not doing.

What's wrong with taking it on a controlled dosage at a specific time on a regular basis? Have you taken a look at our current lineup for pharmaceuticals prescribed for insomnia and such? I'd say GHB is probably about the same health concern (assuming the user is educated in its use). But I wouldn't expect anything spectacular from using G anyways..

Well a "controlled dosage" has to be enough to get the effects you are looking for. IE, a tiny amount isn't going to do much. Now if we're talking taking a gram or two each night, then yea. But then a gram or two each night is just begging for you do develop tolerance and dependency... that's all I would be worried about.

Well a "controlled dosage" has to be enough to get the effects you are looking for. IE, a tiny amount isn't going to do much. Now if we're talking taking a gram or two each night, then yea. But then a gram or two each night is just begging for you do develop tolerance and dependency... that's all I would be worried about.

Right on. I hear ya, I just didn't know if there were long term side effects to it or not.

gbl is easy to get to sleep on because it wears off so quick and still makes you feel tired

i notice whenever i do gbl im never sore the next day wheni would of been.

but using it on a regular basis is insane