• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Remedies For Amphetamine Withdrawl

mitragyna

Bluelighter
I've been on 12 mg of Selegiline (Emsam) and 30 mg of Amphetamine (this is prescribed) daily for a while now. I'm going to be stop the Amphetamine (a must) in about a week, so I'm going to need something to replace it. I know not much will compare to amps but I need something to keep my concentration and energy levels (mental and physical) up. I'm really going to need some help right after I stop the Amps; I am absolutely dreading the anhedonia and fatigue that Speed can bring. By the way, I've been prescribed the amps for about a year now.

My question is: is there anything I can take that can help with the effects of Amphetamine withdrawl? I'm thinking Modafinil or Adrafinil may be helpful. Or maybe Pheylpiracetam? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

have a cup of coffee as a pick me up instead of a pill

its just 30mg youre coming off of, man up. i used to be prescribed 80mg of adderall a day. i solved the lack of energy and fatigue with zip fizz and red bulls and monster energy drinks. exercise always helps and eating healthy could only benefit you during a minor stage of withdrawl.

Benzos, if you're in true withdrawal.
Btw how is this advanced?

I was going to suggest selegiline but your already on it. Strange combo, I found selegiline killed dexs effect. I am taking modafinil now, definetly stimulationg. But basically coming off dex is just shit, you need a couple of weeks to sleep and get over it. Benzos and basic analgesics help

Prometa
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prometa is a controversial treatment protocol used primarily for methamphetamine addiction, although it has also been claimed to be effective for dependence on alcohol or cocaine. The treatment, based on the research of Spanish psychologist Juan Jose Legarda, involves a combination of three medications as well as therapy. Prometa was developed by Hythiam, Inc., which has sought to patent the protocol and charges up to $15,000 per patient to license its use. Lower rates are offered to the criminal justice system, where it has been used in several drug court pilot programs.

Prometa has been the subject of limited study, but is still awaiting the results of more thorough scientific study to determine its effectiveness. Hythiam has hypothesized that the treatment works to decrease anxiety and craving by "normalizing" GABA receptors (molecules in the brain that respond to neurotransmitters).

Treatment steps
For alcohol dependence, the treatment consists of flumazenil (administered intravenously), hydroxyzine, and gabapentin. The treatment is similar for stimulant dependence, with additional flumazenil administrations. The dosing regimen of the drug combination is discussed in Urschel’s recently published study. The initial intravenous administrations are followed up by orally prescribed medications and behavioral treatment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometa

http://www.prometainfo.com/

There is also a lot of promising studies concerning Modafinil (Provigil , Modiodal) in the treatment of Cocaine & Amphetamine abuse. I have a feeling Adrafinil (Olmifon) might be a better option for stimulant abuse treatment, as it doesn't have the same legal barriers as Modafinil (which is CIII, Adrafinil is unscheduled and not available by prescription in the US). Adrafinil is the prodrug for Modafinil; it has a longer comeup time, it might feel smoother on the CNS than Modafinil.

A number of other medications alone or in different combinations might prove beneficial as well; Clonidine, Chlordiazepoxide, Clonazepam, Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Buspirone, Vyvanse, Orphenadrine, Remelteon, etc. Really depends on how good your insurance is, how bad your use is, what kind of doctor you have, what other medications you're taking, and so on.

I dont know what long term stabilized dosing will do in terms of withdrawal, there will obviously be some. But when I used to take 120 mg ( i was only prescribed 20) a day and use my whole prescription in a business week (560 mg) the comedown would be the worst thing in the world, its being deprived of all happiness and empathy for a couple days.

Now I just take 60 on certain days and don't have problems except for a little bit of wanting it, boredom, and mild restlessness. Benzos took away all the problems every time I had them or alcohol but both are addictive and I wouldn't go that route.

You should be able to tough it out, there's no way your doctor can just slowly take you off?

Try Magnesium, L-phenylalanine or L-tyrosine, and L-tryptophan. Multivitamin/mineral and COQ-10 would be helpful also.

For immediate relief you can try mucuna pruriens, and maybe 5-htp.

I was going to suggest selegiline but your already on it. Strange combo, I found selegiline killed dexs effect. I am taking modafinil now, definetly stimulationg. But basically coming off dex is just shit, you need a couple of weeks to sleep and get over it. Benzos and basic analgesics help
Well, I was thinking that maybe raising my dose of Selegiline when I'm off the amps might help a bit. I'm on 12 mg now, but does anyone think maybe raising to Selegiline dose to say...24 mg might be beneficial?

I picked up some Glutamine from the vitamin store, since I heard it can be beneficial for anxiety, among other things. Also, I got a hold of some Gabitril, so that may help with any anxiety too...I hope!

Benzos, if you're in true withdrawal.
Btw how is this advanced?
I can see benzos helping with any anxiety, but wouldn't that just make me more tired and lethargic? Maybe it's still worth it, I dunno.

Yeah, I didn't actually mean to post this in ADD, but I left it here since I know I'd get some good suggestions.:)

^ They would make you tired even if you weren't having amphetamine withdrawals, in most people experiences. Unless I take it at night, one valium makes me want to just nap all day.

I have taken stimulans for years. I could not tell the difference in amphetamine, ritalin and modafinil except slightly less desire to re-dose on modafinil. No matter how much you take of modafinil it feels the same so any re-dosing urges you have will go away after a couple of times of taking extra pills.