Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Suboxone - First time - Experience

mmmCHRISx

Bluelighter
So yesterday i got 16mg of suboxone, to kick my oxy habit. low doses, but i still get withdrawls.

So i cut my 2 8mg pills into about 12 or so equal pieces, and the rest just turned into powder inbewteen the cuts.

Now i sat there, and there was no way to save the powder, and i didnt want to just throw it out, cause i payed for this shit! So i decide what the hell and snort it. Still better then snorting 30mg of oxy in my head at least.

So i say i snorted around 4mg. at 8pm

+5min- my nose is still burning, and i just feel spaced out

+15min- starting to come up, feel a definite opiate high, go to eat a light fatty dinner.

+30min- laying down after dinner, starting to become really spaced out, semi euphoric, and having a hard time keeping my eyes open. Nodding, hard yet really enjoying the cartoons and what not.

+45min-Really bent. Didnt think this would happen. Not as enjoyable as an oxycontin high, or even a hydrocodone for that matter. But still a very strong semi opiate high.

+1 hour- Need to go lay down, things are kinda wobbling, movement is affected. When i lay down i get the normal wandering mind, half sleep that i usually get from opiates. My hearing is really bad, usually happens with higher doses of oxycontin.

+3hours- Shouldn't be awake still. Wouldnt be awake for near this long on oxycontin. In a dream like state, but not getting any rest along with it.

Wake up, 630am. Super bad migraine, and feel quezy. This is half withdrawl from oxycontin, and half hangover from a large dose of opiates. Hangover has only happened twice with oxycodone. I didnt even fall asleep for more then one or 2 hours at a time during the night.

So you can take suboxone recreationally. But it is not very good, and you can find better elsewhere. It is great however for withdrawls, and i have been oxy free for 48 hours, for the first time in months! =D

substancecode_suboxone
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_opioids
substancecode_pharms

Last edited by a moderator:
I've changed the name of your report to conform to guidelines. Please name trip reports in thsi format

substance [dose optional] - experience level with substance - creative title

It helps people to search for reports. Thanks! If you'd like anything changed, please let me know.

I have been clean off heroin for 21 days and I will be starting my suboxone scrip at H+33 days if i don't relapse which i may do tonight. I have never taken suboxone and this post has given me a little ray of sunshine. I appreciate the info

it was an okay high. But it really creeps. And it's a great wd' drug! Been opiate free for almost 72 hours. =D

It's hard to take this seriously. I've snorted, plugged, and sucked on these tablets forever and a day now. Even back when my tolerance was low, and 2mg would get me really high (a really, really long time ago now!) it would take an hour for the stuff to start working.

Claiming to be intoxicated at all in 15 minutes? Color me dubious.

i snorted about 2 mg of this with no opiate tolerance and it whooped my ass. I was in dreamland with some of the most incredible CEVs but i did not sleep the entire night and felt like shit the next day...never did it since

^^it also hit me within 15 minutes of snorting

I have been clean off heroin for 21 days and I will be starting my suboxone scrip at H+33 days if i don't relapse which i may do tonight. I have never taken suboxone and this post has given me a little ray of sunshine. I appreciate the info

If you have any kind of tolerance to opiods, Suboxone will do nothing except relieve your withdrawal symptoms and satisfy the cravings.

Before I went on Suboxone(almost a year now) my tolerance was in the unbelievable category from years of surguries and pain medications. I have taken 12 8mg Suboxone tablets at once, in an attempt to get some kind of pain relief from them and it did absolutely nothing. This was my only choice because you can't take any other opiod when you are on buprenophine, because it is one of the strongest binders for the opiod receptors.

Buprenophine has a "ceiling" effect for opiod tolerant people, because it is a partial agonist/antagonist and like codeine, it is impossible for an opiod tolerant person to ingest enough to get any type of effect.

I have heard of some non-opiod tolerant people feeling the effects of Suboxone, but if you have any kind of a tolerance, don't expect it to give you any type of high. It is awesome for avoiding any withdrawal effects, but don't think it is anything like what you are probably used to. And you are totally screwed if you get injured and you need some type of narcotic pain medication when you are on Suboxone, because nothing will work for at least 36 hours after you have taken your last dose and even then, no hospital is going to give you what you need, because you will need a substantial amount.

In one way Suboxone is a miracle drug, but if you need an opiod when you are on it, you're bummin'.:X:!:(

By the way, why are they making you wait for 33 days?

Suboxone is mainly used to prevent withdrawal symptoms and prevent relapse. If you have already gone through withdrawals and have been off it for 33 days, then I would just keep going, because you will still have to get off of the Suboxone, when you want to quit taking it. The first 30 days is what sucks so bad and it is what Suboxone was mainly made for.

I went from my addiction directly onto Suboxone and I have never considered myself clean, because they just basically substituted one good opiod for another and although it is supposed to be much easier to get off of Suboxone then it is most other opiods, I have heard from more then one person, that it isn't.

Now it is defintely better to be a Suboxone addict then an addict to a drug that you can not function on, but if you think you can tolerate the cravings you are having for just another week or two, you will be better off staying off of the Suboxone, now that you have been off opiods for 30+days, because then you won't have to go through any withdrawals to get off of the Suboxone again.

If you can't take the cravings and you think that you will go out and use again, then I would ask the doctor to put you on Suboxone ASAP and be upset that they didn't put you on it right away and you had to go through the withdrawals from the Heroin.

Hope it all works out for you and you kick it on your own, instead of just postponing it until you decide to get off of the Suboxone. Good Luck!

a little update... after that last post i've been on a 10 day binge on every opiate i could get my hands on and i have blown as much money in a week as i usually do in a month of 'regular" heroin use, and now i am in fact strung out.

It sucks. I go in to meet the doc tomorrow and i pray to god that i'll get prescribed sub because it's looking like the only fucking tchance i have to stay clean for long enough to get off probation and back on my feet. my job's at stake, school, and family is gettin really upset. runnin out of money, and i know shit just seems crappy cause of the WDs but i'm still waking up from a dream and it sucks.

I dunno, like i said, i read this and i got a little glimmer of hope, but i'm pfeelin kinda hopeless at the moment

You guys get high off suboxone? When I was a kid, I had to take that stuff to get off H and i didnt feel shit and it prevented me from feeling shit off of opiates.

a little update... after that last post i've been on a 10 day binge on every opiate i could get my hands on and i have blown as much money in a week as i usually do in a month of 'regular" heroin use, and now i am in fact strung out.

It sucks. I go in to meet the doc tomorrow and i pray to god that i'll get prescribed sub because it's looking like the only fucking tchance i have to stay clean for long enough to get off probation and back on my feet. my job's at stake, school, and family is gettin really upset. runnin out of money, and i know shit just seems crappy cause of the WDs but i'm still waking up from a dream and it sucks.

I dunno, like i said, i read this and i got a little glimmer of hope, but i'm pfeelin kinda hopeless at the moment

Don't let it get you down, it's amazing how fast your life can fall back in place once you get off the drugs. And trust me, I'm not saying this from atop some ivory tower of sobriety. I'm much in the same position as you, except that I have a wife and young child to take care of. I lost my foreman job in construction a half year ago due to the crash in the housing market, and have been collecting unemployment since. From that point my opiate habit has exploded.. $50-$150 a day on heroin, oxys, dilaudid, whatever I can get my hands on. I have another 2 weeks of unemployment left, and last week I blew our $1200 rent on getting high. The pressure is definitely on, and I'm nervous to say the very least. The greatest enemy is myself.. the feelings of desperation and despair can be overwhelming, it hurts.. I want to hide in the drugs so badly... but there comes a point where I just can't hide from what's happening any longer. The feelings will pass.. they always do. What will get me through is that I've done this before, dug a hole this deep for myself, and I've climbed out of it. I KNOW it can be done, I've done it.. and I know that life can repair itself with my willingness to help myself. If you want to repair things just start doing the right things. You have to ask for help, it's amazing how many people are available and willing to help someone in need if they are open and honest about their situation. I have an appointment on friday to see a doctor about getting on Suboxone, same as you, and I'll be attending an NA meeting with my wife tomorrow. I need to get honest and get some help.. it sounds like you need the same. You're on the right track, and along with the Suboxone, maybe try and attend a few meetings, if for nothing else but to be around others that have screwed up as badly as you and are now doing great. Keep your head up man, you're not the only one, and we'll get through it.

If this doctor will not give you a prescription for Suboxone and makes you wait or have to be clean for 30 days, then you need to go to another doctor. Here is the website to find another one;

http://www.suboxone.com/?qs=ysm&OVR...vanced&OVADID=21698571512&OVKWID=140841448512

I would call more then one, because they all charge differently. Some will charge it on your insurance and some will not. Some charge a lot for each visit and others do not and there is a great variation in how often each will require you to come get a new prescription.

This IS NOT standard protocol for Suboxone treatment. You should be able to start taking Suboxone as soon as you start to go into withdrawals. They recommend that you wait 12 hours if you can, because the Suboxone may actually put you in withdrawals if you are still under the influence of an opiate, because the binding ability of Buprenorphine is much higher then most other opiates. If you wait until your receptors are clear, then this isn't going to happen. The binding strength of Buprenorphine is also why other opiates will not effect you when you are on it. Once they are bound to your opiate receptors, not much will replace them and this is why they prevent the user from feeling the effects of a lower binding opiate.

If you need to get off of a bad opiate addiction, Suboxone is a miracle drug and you should not have any trouble finding a doctor that will put you on it immediately. Most doctors will even tell you to wait until you can't take the withdrawals anymore, then come in and they will give you a dose right on the spot and monitor you to see how effective it is to insure that you get an adequate dose.

Anyone that is in the need of Suboxone treatment should be able to see a doctor within 24 hours and if you haven't found a doctor to see you yet, keep looking because there are a lot of them out there now.

I'm kind of confused as to why a doctor wouldn't prescribe Suboxone to someone with opiate addiction. And forget about a doctor making me wait days in withdrawal before taking it, no way that would happen. Another thing I'm curious about is why hasn't this replaced methadone prescriptions completely? Are there drawbacks to Subox that I'm ot aware of, it seems close to being a miracle drug from what I've read.

It's not that the doc made me wait 30 days before he'd put me on suboxone, I just got in trouble, on haloween, then detoxed in a jail cell and didn't get high again for about 21 days.

Then I relapsed, went on a 10 day binge, and finally got my scrip filled yesterday... WITH insurance it still cost me 70 bucks for 48mgs (24 2 mg pills) I had been TRYING to taper down with some roxis taken orally, but get this... I got my scrip and took one as ordered, then came back to the doc to report, he told me to take another and another and call after each dose to report in. ended up taking 8 mgs between 5pm and 9pm and feeling like CRAP and couldn't sleep and kept waking up throughout the night.

"precipitated withdrawl" apparently

Well I get up this morning and take 8mgs all at once (per doc's orders) and start driving to work (about 30 mins) and about a mile from work I start getting really sleepy while driving. (i'm not a morning person but i thought it might be the sub, or just sleep dep, i dunno!)

anyway i was too busy at work to feel shitty, but at lunch I was just chillin and started feeling really crappy... anxious, jittery, headache, restless, aches, hotcold, just like comming off of real opiates. called the doc and he said to take 2 more and come in at 4. it's 2:45 right now and i got em in my mouth and I'm sure not feeling "relieved" about a damn thing.

god now i wish i hadn't started taking this stuff cause if i went and got something that'd make me happy it'd be a waste of $

little orange placebos.

:(

Damn man, my appointment is tomorrow with the dr. to get on them.. I really hope I don't go through all of that shit. How bad are you jonesing to get high, or is that not an issue?

it's 11:40 pm now

i have taken 16 mg today in 2 mg pills.

when i have them in my mouth it tastes BAD and for about 1 hour i get kind of a sleepy feeling but agitated and annoyed

after the about 2 hour mark, i start crashing HARD and fiending out and wishing i could just quit this shit and take some vicodin
at least but doc says take some more and the cycle repeats

this stuff is suposed to last a long time? BS!!!!!

I don't know if i'm feeling "precipitated withdraws" still or what but the "high" of suboxone feels to me like jonesing for a good dose of smack

my last dose of opiates was monday night when i took 30 mg oxycodone ORALLY there's no WAY i would be feeling like this if i had quit cold turkey it would have been over by weds.

long story short this drug has done to me the eOPPOSITE of what i wanted from it. I do not know if it is because the dose is too small or if there are other factors involved or what, but yeah.... what i expected and what happened are polar opposites
:(

^
Seems like you and the OP are both taking high amounts of sub. What's your normal oxy tolerance like?