• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Shooting heroin after being on suboxone

I know this question has been asked before, I've been reading some info on it.
Everyone says basically wait 24 hours before doing heroin after being on suboxone for awhile.
I just want everyones opinion, who has tried it.

Here's my situation, I've been on suboxone for roughly 4 months now, my friend wants me to come out and do some dope.
I've been clean and kinda want to do it once more, I'm not going to make a habit of it.
I just want to know if I'm actually going to get high, I have an EXTREMELY fast metabolism, and my highs usually wear off pretty quick anyway.
While on heroin, I usually started going into withdraws after 6 hours or so.
While on suboxone I can feel myself needing another dose after like 10 hours or so, I started to get that really tired feeling with the muscle aches and I can sleep non-stop for crazy amounts of time.

my last dose of sub was at like 11 this morning and its probably going to be 11 before I meet up with him, so 12 hours waiting period...I'm just curious what I will feel if anything at all?

I have done the exact same thing and i waited 12-13 hours. i usually do 3-4 bags but i had to do 6and 1/2 to get the full effect. i also take 16 mg.

I like to shoot heroin to the point of nodding off hardcore stylee every day then right after that i snort like 4mgs of suboxone, man i get this AWESOME feeling all over, my eyes start to water, i yawn, sneeze, cold sweats, my muscles start to ache and my stomach churns! wow great feelings

^ Someone might actually think you're serious. If they do, they're in for a world of hurt.

with the methadone i would wait about 72 hours and you should be almost able to feel all the effects, maybe. Its honestly hard to tell. Everyones different on methadone. For me it takes me about a week off methadone for me to feel opiates somewhat normally. But to "feel" opiates on methadone i stop taking it for 3 days.

uh actually I didn't do it that night, it's been about a month or two now since I've checked this thread and I'm back in the same situation.
I'm considering getting some later tonight just to try it out again.
I took my dose at like 9:30am this morning and I'm probably going to wait til like 11-12 to try any and see how it does...If I actually end up going out there tonight.

it sucks, no rush at all and if i'm lucky i'll feel an ok high but no rush or any of that other good shit.

"
Here's my situation, I've been on suboxone for roughly 4 months now, my friend wants me to come out and do some dope.
I've been clean and kinda want to do it once more, I'm not going to make a habit of it."

this line scares me.

be good, kid.

its not worth it man. i have been on sub for over a year i stopped for 3 days (72hrs) still cant get high im telling u its trakes a while almost not worth it .I stop subs and start eating xanax until 4 days is up than u can get high maybe barely but once on sub almost feels like in (jail) chemical prison i turn to my mellow friend KING BENZO lol nah but its almost not worth it withdraw to get high and might not even get a buzzzzzzzzz?...................

what i know personally

I take bupe, ive been clean for a good while, i do take bupe a few days a week because it helps me with energy and keeps me from going back. I did however recently relapse. I took 2mg bupe that morning, and around 11 that night I did some scag, the bupe didnt seem to have effect the scag, ive done this same thing with morphine a long time ago too, but i dont know about how much you take or if every day use has an effect on it.

i did 70mg methadone after 72 hours. i'm going on 72 hours since i took the 'done. not bad withdrawals at all. can hardly feel anything. i'll eat my subs tomorrow morning

i'm on 28mg sub a day (have been for about 2 months), want to shoot h, how long should i wait?

I've been clean and kinda want to do it once more, I'm not going to make a habit of it.
The truth of this matter is although some people say "wait 12-24hours" they're full of shit & you wont get anywhere near full effects until its been at least three days without.

Now for the lecture, your dumb for thinking that "one moreee time" cub scout kiddy shit. Anyone who's dealt with addiction knows that dont work & farther more its highly unlikely this dude is your friend.

The truth of this matter is although some people say "wait 12-24hours" they're full of shit & you wont get anywhere near full effects until its been at least three days without.
This is pretty much true.

Now for the lecture, your dumb for thinking that "one moreee time" cub scout kiddy shit. Anyone who's dealt with addiction knows that dont work & farther more its highly unlikely this dude is your friend.
LOL...harsh, but also more than likely true.

well I find 24 hours Bare Minimum. After a 2 mg dose the previous day.

everytime I go sooner than 24 hours, complete failure, I sware I went at 19 hours it was like I didnt feel anything, I wait 24, almost NO blocking effect that I notice.

Strange.

I'm new to this site and admit I don't know all that much about the biology, chemistry and facts concerning suboxone so I'm STRICTLY talking from personal experience here. I do think the main issue surrounding this topic is peoples individual body chemistries and you probably won't get the right answer since everyone replying is answering based on how it works for them.

I'm currently on a suboxone maintenence program and taking 8 mg a day. I'm trying to get on with my life and about to start a new career so I am genuinely trying to clean myself up. However, like most people I've had the occasional slip up during my recovery. For me, the biggest factor in getting high off heroin which doesn't seem to be talked about too much in these threads is whether or not you've been taking it on a daily basis. I've found that if I'm going along with my usual maintenence doses then decide to use, the suboxone completely blocks the effects of heroin for 1 and a half to 2 days after my last dose. After 24 to 36 hours I can usually feel something from a hit but it's pretty damn dissapointing. After 72 hours I can definitely feel it but not fully. I would say I start feeling the full effects of heroin around the 4 day mark.

However, there have been a couple of times when I have gotten frustrated and gone off the subs for a few weeks before going to my doctor and getting back on the program. A couple of times after completely detoxing from the subs and then going back on them I have had a hit the day after my first dose back on suboxone. One of these times I even had a couple of spare subs and took 24 mg. I found that I could feel pretty close to the full effects of heroin around 28 hours after I took the subs.

Anyway like I said before, this is just from my own experience and is probably a completely different story from everyone else. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

I'm now back on my suboxone maintenence, haven't used anything else for a few months, just finished a couple of courses and about to start my dream job and get on with my life. So fingers crossed I keep going forward like I have been lately.

I wish everyone else the best of luck in achieving whatever you want out of life. :)

I have been on suboxone and had to use it while waiting to pick up again or whatever and you CANNOT take an opiate then suboxone SHORTLY after you must wait at least 12 hours (and the 12 hrs is if u inject, if u sniff or swallow more time), however you ABSOLUTELY CAN shoot an opiate litterally 3 hours after suboxone and as long as your shits good and you know how many ccs to use then you absolutely will get a rush and a high it just adds to the suboxone

opiate before suboxone = no way
suboxone before opiate = absolutely

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, when I was on Methadone maintenence, no matter how high or low my dose was, I had to wait like a good 5-7 days after my last dose before I would actually get high. One time when I was detoxing, I had gotten down to like 30 mgs, & it's right around that dose for me that I can shoot dope & feel it, I get a slight rush but then it just sort of fades away...

Suboxone, if I'm only taking 2 mgs regularly, I can get somewhat high the next day... If I'm on 8mgs or more, & I do double the amount of dope I normally do (the day after my last sub dose) I get half as high as usual. I personally need to wait 3-4 days, until I am really truly dopesick from my subs, to get high.

Actually, I'm about to double-check that theory right now, here comes dopeman to my front door.