• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Shooting heroin after being on suboxone

Sech

Greenlighter
I know this question has been asked before, I've been reading some info on it.
Everyone says basically wait 24 hours before doing heroin after being on suboxone for awhile.
I just want everyones opinion, who has tried it.

Here's my situation, I've been on suboxone for roughly 4 months now, my friend wants me to come out and do some dope.
I've been clean and kinda want to do it once more, I'm not going to make a habit of it.
I just want to know if I'm actually going to get high, I have an EXTREMELY fast metabolism, and my highs usually wear off pretty quick anyway.
While on heroin, I usually started going into withdraws after 6 hours or so.
While on suboxone I can feel myself needing another dose after like 10 hours or so, I started to get that really tired feeling with the muscle aches and I can sleep non-stop for crazy amounts of time.

my last dose of sub was at like 11 this morning and its probably going to be 11 before I meet up with him, so 12 hours waiting period...I'm just curious what I will feel if anything at all?

AT LEAST 24 hours. How much suboxone do you take? Meaning, how large was your last dose, and how often do you take it? If its a number larger than I have fingers on one hand, you'll need to wait longer than 24 hours. Maybe 36, maybe 48. The thing is, there's no real answer. You just need to wait as long as possible, otherwise you're wasting drugs.

I've been clean and kinda want to do it once more, I'm not going to make a habit of it.
Uh-huh. ;)

EDIT: you slipped in your dose while I was posting. Wait a MINIMUM of 48 hours if you want to get high and not waste money/drugs. A longer wait is ideal (60+).

I don't plan to make a habit out of it again.

I wonder if I'd feel anything if I do it tonight.

You will more then likely not get high. I have a rather high metabolism and even when just taking 8mg i had to wait at least 20hours to feel more then a small rush. 48 hour wait for it to be even worth it. so glad to be done with the whole opiate game.

Here's my situation, I've been on suboxone for roughly 4 months now, my friend wants me to come out and do some dope.

Doesn't sound like a very good friend. What kind of friend wants to drag you out to shoot dope when you've been getting your shit together for the last 4 months?
Bad idea IMO. 4 months is a long time. Too long to start over if you slip up. Don't let your brain trick you into doing this. Is one high really worth going through all the shit youve already gone through all over again. This is one of those things where you need to take a stand... and when you do, you will always think back to the week before Thanksgiving when you decided not to get high, even though you could have. This could be yout turning point. Don't throw it away for a 5 hour nod.

eh, probably just won't even do it then.
Thanks guys.
I know you're going to do it anyway. Make sure you post after you do it, complaining about how the rush was weak and you used twice as much as usual and barely felt it. :|

Wow. Nice friend. Friends like that should be eliminated from society at large. He's not your friend dude! I have nicer mortal enemies. Not to be rude, but grow a pair, man. You've come this far? Stick with it!
Good luck
(and contemplate expanding your social network...)

Wow. Nice friend. Friends like that should be eliminated from society at large. He's not your friend dude! I have nicer mortal enemies. Not to be rude, but grow a pair, man. You've come this far? Stick with it!
Good luck
(and contemplate expanding your social network...)

Great minds think alike ;)

i did suboxone at 8 am once and then i did heroin that same day a 12 pm, i got highishhh yea..
but idk f the heroin was bad or was suboxone blocking it?
cits been about the same mount of time i waited to do the heroin.. can i take my suboxone now since i took heroin early am.

^ Simple rule is wait until you start to feel withdrawals coming on, then its safe. This could be 12 hours, could be 20 hours. Maybe even more...

^ Simple rule is wait until you start to feel withdrawals coming on, then its safe. This could be 12 hours, could be 20 hours. Maybe even more...

This rule is when the user is dependent on a full agonist and is switching to suboxone. For someone dependent on buprenorphine, after a one-time use of heroin or another full agonist, the user could take suboxone anytime after the dope and shouldn't experience any negative effects, since the brain is accustomed to having certain receptors binded to, while others are usually antagonized and blocked. I've experienced this first-hand, often taking my suboxone 6 hours or so after doing dope because I was going to bed and didn't want to wake up sick, in which case I've never experienced any precipitated withdrawal.

And to the OP, I take 6-8mg per day (more like 5-6 now, but haven't used dope in a while so I'll use 8mg/day for my example). But instead of taking a full 8mg dose in the morning, I was splitting my dose into 2mg 4x per day. This helped to curb my constant craving to "take something", and also allowed the buprenorphine to leave my system faster. By dosing 4x per day, I've increased the rate at which my body metabolizes the bupe, which is bad in that a dose will not hold me nearly as long, but good in that I can get very high 8 hours after my last dose. *Note - When I was taking 12mg/day all at once, it would take me around 60 hours before I could actually get high off dope.

At 16mg/day for 4 months, you'd probably have to wait 72-96 hours to get full effect, and AT LEAST 48 to get any worthwhile effect. Really not worth going through all that pain for a simple dope high, right?

~CTdopeLove

Everyones different, I have a friend on the same amount a day as you 16mg and hes been on it for about as long. We actually just had this conversation a few days ago cuz he wanted to go for a ride and i asked him when the last time he took a sub was and he said in the morning. He still gets high part of it is perception thats what alot of people dont realize. If you're on 16mg of subs a day clearly you have experience with opiates. So you may be fine with 12hours or less just like he always is. The one thing you need to be extremely careful with is say you do 3 bags and you question how high you are and do 2 or 3 more. And youre still like what the f. don't go over what you would normally do becase thats how people overdose because they feel like they arent high but at the same time already have alot of dope in their system at that point. Anyways i say go for it, ive seen how high he gets when hes had a sub in the morning. Up to you tho if you're really worried about wasting a few bucks then id wait 24 hours.

it does not matter when u shoot it...the naloxone only works if u did dope BEFORE u dosed the SUB....BUTTT, dont do H yet, wait 36hours after last SUB dose, the bupe binds to ur receptors so hard that u will HARDLY get high on H

when i took subs if i did any h within 24 hours of the sub it definately reduced the effects, I would also suggest at least 36-48 hours if you really want to enjoy the h.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if you're on 70mg methadone, do you have to wait a similar amount of time to get high on heroin? How long would you have to wait after your last dose to get the most out of your dope?

Thats one of the aspects of SMT that i like. if i want to get high i know i really have to do a lot, which is a waste, or wait 3 days to actually get high. It makes it such a pain in the ass its almost not even worth messing with. Ive been on 16mgs a day for a while, and even a full 24 hrs i dont feel the agonist as strongly as i should. even 48 hours it still blocks some of the effects.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if you're on 70mg methadone, do you have to wait a similar amount of time to get high on heroin? How long would you have to wait after your last dose to get the most out of your dope?

Methadone is different than suboxone, as methadone is a full opioid agonist with no antagonistic properties. Methadone doesn't block the effects of other opioids, it just saturates the receptors once you get above a "blocking dose" (usually around 70mg or higher), meaning that other opioids have no receptors to bind to, and therefore you get a "blocking" effect. It really depends on how long you've been on the methdone, if you've been on higher or lower doses previous, and a number of other factors, but at 70mg/day, you may still be able to get high off heroin by just shooting a bit more than usual. If you experience a strong blocking effect, you may have to wait til ~24hrs after your last methadone dose to get a decent effect.

Your question is really subjective, so I can't really give you anything more substantial than that, but if you insist on getting high while on maintenance, just take it slow and find out how long you need to wait and what kind of dose it will take. Don't overdo it, as you may not experience any substantial blocking from the 70mg, and it may instead give a cumulative effect with the heroin: although I doubt this scenario, it's possible depending on how long you've been on MMT, so be careful.

~CTdopeLove