Completed Prescription pain medications

katieinflexx

Greenlighter
Hi there,

My name's Katie and my colleagues, researchers at Inflexxion, Inc., are conducting a survey to better understand the recreational use of prescription pain medications. This is an anonymous survey; no identifying information will be collected. Please note that there is no payment for completing the survey and it is completely voluntary. A donation will be made to Bluelight.

The survey is no longer active.

The survey itself should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete and is easy to use. This study is open to anyone interested in filling out the survey.

I can be contacted at [email protected] or via the Bluelight private messaging system if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
Katie

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the survey but I think it got all screwed up because at the end when it asks you which opiate is your favorite it listed all of them and I haven't taken all of them, just letting you know.

So, what exactly are the goals of your research? Or would saying that have an effect on the surveys? Also, how much of a donation are you planning on making? And what's the deal with the two xs in Inflexxion? ;)

I went ahead and completed the survey.

BTW, I found an error in your survey. Near the end, it asks you which is your favorite of the chosen opiates we have done. Not all of the pictures of the selected opiates I chose were on the list. The pictures ran off to the right of my computer monitor (if that makes sense), so it only showed about 5 boxes instead of all of the boxes I selected. I am using MoZilla FireFox 2.0.0.18.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

as in oxycontin? i know my old OC dealerr used to get #90 80mgOC a month, his doc found out he was selling them and only gives him 20 a month now, so he gives none of them out anymore

and if u say that then how the hell are there always so many OCs in the area

maybe they dont abuse them but they make money off them

I think you'll find that no-one who is prescribed CII medicines abuses them.

orly? Every RX i've had in Canadian that would be CII in the USA (morphine, demerol, OC and hydromorphone) has been used for great justice and lulz, and not so much for whatever ailment I had, as it was only tramautic injuries, I just soldiered up, and put up with a week or two of pain, and saved the meds for lulz.

Given the shallow depth of the survey and the methodology used, the survey appears to be general information gathering about preferred opiates of abuse, particularly with respect to name brand versus generics, and about preferred routes of administration.

There were questions about whether or not the medication was used just to get high, and whether or not it was used contrary to your doctor's indication. Given that the study is posted in a place like Bluelight, where I would feel a majority of the users who will participate use opiates mainly recreationally, this will potentially SKEW the results of the study to show a disproportionately high number of people who are only using opiates/opioids to get high. I do hope that this kind of bias is accounted for, and stated in the final results of the study.

I took the survey. If for nothing else, thank you for making a donation to Bluelight and the mission of harm reduction and education. I can only hope that the information provided will be used responsibly and with full disclosure, and I believe the site administrators would not have agreed to take your money if they thought this was not the case.

^qft. makes me want to add some opiates to this xanax high i got goin'

EDIT: to enyay. but qft to obyron as well

Last edited:
i participated even though i had a few gripes with the survey. i trust that the BL admins were careful enough to put somthing like this on their site only after careful investigation.

if you want a less biased survey, you should put this survey on www.webmd.com and pool the results with those from bluelight.

I thought the survey was interesting, as I used to be a pain-pill and heroin junkie/addict, years ao. Now? I have had multiple sclerosis for a year and a half, suffer from HORRIBLE migraines, daily, and my favorite painkiller of all time, and the most effective for my PAIN (not just to get high), would have to be Opana 30mg extended release tablets. I used to wish for a reason to HAVE to take the stuff; now, with having a brain disease for almost two years now? - I think I'm eating my words, and would give anything NOT to have to use pain-medication. Now if I could just get a head/brain transplant...

Quite a few have been asking about the aim of the study. The first page of the survey provides a little info:

The purpose of this study is to learn why and how people use prescription drugs for non-medical reasons, such as getting high or getting through the day

On that page is also the name of the Principal Investigator as well as the funders.

Clicked the link, about to start as we speak. Glad to help your company, and glad that you're helping Bluelight in return. Everybody wins. Beautiful.

what could come of this survey? Either nothing or the pills we prefer being more tightly regulated. Nice that you made a donation though.

Hi there,

My name's Katie and my colleagues, researchers at Inflexxion, Inc., are conducting a survey to better understand the recreational use of prescription pain medications. This is an anonymous survey; no identifying information will be collected. Please note that there is no payment for completing the survey and it is completely voluntary. A donation will be made to Bluelight.

The survey can be found by clicking here: https://www.inflexxionresearch.com/se.ashx?s=6F3130B566DC3001

The survey itself should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete and is easy to use. This study is open to anyone interested in filling out the survey.

I can be contacted at [email protected] or via the Bluelight private messaging system if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
Katie

I just took your survey... what results are you hoping to achieve or gather?