Completed Prescription pain medications

i havent compleated the survey but i agree with the few who said it would or may serve as a way to tighten the belt on obtaining prescription drugs, it is hard enough to get anything harder than panadine forte out of a doc ( here in australia any way) mongrels,just let us enjoy life in a blissful state of mind... funny i can go right now and buy alcohol and get pissed out of my mind but i cant enjoy a nice stone sickens me it does

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that the survey is still open to all who that would like to participate. It's quick and easy! :)

Happy holidays

Best regards,
Katie

Call me paranoid... but I would be wary of any research company looking to gather survey information on the recreational use of prescription pain medication by bluelighters.

My fear is that the information would be used to develop abuse resistance meds and/or provide physicians with more restrictive guidelines on prescribing opiates.

Having said that, I hope the survey information is interpreted without bias and in our best health interests.

Say Wha'!

Call me paranoid too, I been watching this site for a while and just joined to comment on this one thread--I was about half way into the survey, and then when it started asking HOW I obtained these drugs, I decided to end it there, far be it for me to say something incriminating about myself with my IP address everywhere--it is hard enough to get meds for chronic pain without some survey like this making all of us look like junkies.

JMO

I 'took' it just to read the questions. This survey reeks of shit, and will clearly be used for the goal of prohibition judging by the questions. "hey lets find out what these stupid ass junkies like so we can stop prescribing it", go fuck yourself you piece of shit pharmacriminals.

*wonders if she's been conned*

I'm afraid I took it in good faith as I tend to believe the best in people and get hurt when I get a dose of reality and realise how many bastards are out there.

Plus I'm very upset tonight as I've been accused of doing chargebacks on freenode and making official complaints to paypal about them and it hurts to think people I thought were supportive friends can turn so quickly into people who hate me :(

It goes without saying I can prove I did no such thing ..... it's the readiness to believe I could be so cold, hard and calculating without even hearing my side of things.

Read page 3 of this thread for discussion of these exact same topics.

Obyron apologies. You're right. I have now read a bit more and am happy to have taken part and I also apologise for going off topic.

No apology necessary. It's natural to be cautious, and with drugs it's even good survival instinct. I just didn't want to see the same dead horse get raped on page 4 that we just kicked to death on pages 1-3.

If you have any doubts then don't take the survey. That said though, it helps bluelight, and the admins wouldn't agree to it if they had concerns. Think about the kind of information you post here every day. Do you think the pharm industry really needs to take a survey to know that people abuse drugs and how? They could just read 90% of the posts on this site. The fact that they're willing to give Bluelight money to make the information "official" and "scientific" should be taken as a blessing.

Totally, I wasn't thinking straight at all tonight I'm afraid. I'm just upset over this other business and more skewed than if I was smashed :(

Hi Bluelighters,

Just as a note, we're are absolutely not collecting IP addresses, or any other identifying information.

Thanks,
Katie

Katie, it never entered my head and I wouldn't mind even if you were. I completed the survey ages ago and was very happy to do so. I think it's a bit sad if we can't trust our moderators to judge whether something is acceptable and genuine or a scam/honeypot.

I think it's a bit sad if we can't trust our moderators to judge whether something is acceptable and genuine or a scam/honeypot.

Not to be a bitch, but I think it is pretty naive to think you CAN trust someone on the internet just because someone else you don't know gave them the position of "moderator."

Not saying you shouldn't take the survey, but we all are responsible for ourselves.

Not saying you shouldn't take the survey, but we all are responsible for ourselves.

Exactly. As with Project Mayhem, you decide your own level of involvement. And a lot of people here are very open. It's not rare for us to remind people they may want to reveal less about themselves. I'm rather circumspect, but anyone who wanted to could probably put together quite a bio on me just from random comments I've made in Bluelight posts.

The mods know nothin' about nothin'. This is strictly between the admins of Bluelight and Inflexxion. I happen to trust the admins. If you don't trust anyone, then by all means don't take the survey, and feel free to be shadowy and enigmatic in all your posts here. If you trust the admins (even if only the admins, not the mods, smods, whatever) and if you want to support Bluelight, then by all means take the survey. My point was more about the people who post here weekly about how they got so fucked up on XYZ over the weekend, but then decide to get paranoid when asked to repeat what they just said in a way that helps BL.

Not to be a bitch, but I think it is pretty naive to think you CAN trust someone on the internet just because someone else you don't know gave them the position of "moderator."

I will rephrase that - I trust the mods to pass on the advice of the admins here and I trust the admins' judgement in this area more than my own because I think they are probably more experienced and less naive. There doesn't to me seem to be the sort of lame organisation behind this forum that I've seen in many others where the members are all 14 year old liars and the mods are all stoned and lazy 21 year old sods.

Of course we're all responsible for ourselves, I'm being precisely that when I make a decision to trust the survey based on BL's recommendation and my belief that they wouldn't allow an unsuitable, risky or plain stupid post on here.

There again, stupid posts ..... I seem to recall making a few of those myself actually :eek:

it asked me my definition of a dealer

"a person who has pills or drugs to sell, for example, a liquor store or walgreens cashier"