Completed Prescription pain medications

Isn't the trend in pharmaceuticals to design "unabusable" pain meds?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, are the folks at Mallinckrodt "proud" of the fact that they can take 100+ mg of morphine and completely rob the recreational value from it?

And what about the asshole from Mylan who held a fentanyl patch in his mouth in front of an audience?

I find this study REAAAALY sketchy. I hate how no pain doctor will treat me seriously, and if studies like this continue to be published, then before you know it the only pain medication that will be available will be motrin 800 unless you have cancer.

I'm not saying prescription medication abuse isn't an issue, it really is. However, doctors already know this. And a study such as this one will just fuel the fire and make it even worse.

Just my two cents, though.

I took your survey, Katie. Thanks for your donation and your efforts in research. :)

done
maybe when i read something wrong or did something wrong
but when it asked me for my favorite or how i took the pills, which of course would be xanax, it didnt show up

That's cause this about pain medications, which Xanax is not.

Yes, technically Xanax is a benzodiazepine, which is a different class of drugs to opiates. Still, this is exactly the info Inflexxion would need - people interpret "prescription pain medications" differently and as researchers, we have to try and take into consideration how people will interpret our requests - even if it's not what we would have done!

I mean, in a way - the benzodiazepines can be used as "pain relief", certainly psychological pain, eg. anxiety!

Yes, technically Xanax is a benzodiazepine, which is a different class of drugs to opiates. Still, this is exactly the info Inflexxion would need - people interpret "prescription pain medications" differently and as researchers, we have to try and take into consideration how people will interpret our requests - even if it's not what we would have done!

I mean, in a way - the benzodiazepines can be used as "pain relief", certainly psychological pain, eg. anxiety!

Very true. I know popping a benzo usually helps my psychological distress be it anxiety or depressive symptoms. And they should consider it, but in my opinion there is a lot they are not taking into consideration so I'm not surprised. But IIRC, they only were mentioned opiates or synthetic opiates like Suboxone.

Hi Bluelighters,

I'm glad that most of you are finding the survey fairly easy to go through and are willing to participate in the study. One of the main reasons for structuring the study with the specific measures the way we have is to correlate the data against another tool that we've developed. We are looking for the recreational user population to weigh in on the questions that we're asking, so we do appreciate your participation, we couldn't do this without you. All of your discussion about the survey, your thoughts and your questions, are being taken seriously. It will help out research to be more meanful moving forward.

Thanks,
Katie

Done. I think that the titled categories should be frozen so one doesn't have to scroll up or memorize that sucking is next to swallowing whole and chewing is next to iv.
Some of those pills I used not to get high, so I couldn't really answer what is my preferred ROA to get high.

Nice pictures though!

I will be taking this later on today, but I am curious how much do they contribute to BL for each participant??

I will be taking this later on today, but I am curious how much do they contribute to BL for each participant??

I'd also like to know, to make sure it's worth sharing and bearing my secrets to the corp research for a site I use and appreciate very much so...

editXX also, took it... hope the $ amount donated to keep bl's servers online was worth it

Last edited:
I'd also like to know, to make sure it's worth sharing and bearing my secrets to the corp research for a site I use and appreciate very much so...

editXX also, took it... hope the $ amount donated to keep bl's servers online was worth it

Apparently its a secret for some reason.

I'm not sure why everyone talking of secrets.

Hopefully you all received the email from Bluelight support over the last few days, seeking your assistance with raising money for the site.

It contained the following paragraph:

Our annual hosting bill is due in the next month, but we are currently only two thirds of the way to our goal. Of the €4,500 donated, about 2K has come from sponsored surveys and the rest from member donations. Thank you!

With regard to everyone's other concerns, yes Bluelight has carefully considered whether it was the right thing to do to work with Inflexxion. You may be interested in knowing that Erowid and Inflexxion have also recently worked together too.

Remember, you can't get your agenda on the table if you aren't involved with people making the decisions. :)

are you the same people that make me wake up early for class, only to find some fucker in the instructors place trying to grill us about our sexuality and drug habits via survey method?

In response to the concerns that have been raised, I hope it is now clear that the survey is specifically aimed towards non-medical users as stated repeatedly by katie and tronica. Therefore, concerns about unintended selection bias can be put aside.

As for the worries about what uses this information will be put to, once it is in the public domain, anyone can use it. Inflexxion's mission is clearly stated on their website, and if you don't like it, you can elect not to participate. However, Bluelight's user base represents a tiny fraction of drug users, meaning they could get participants some other way. We shall have access to the results of this study as well as the final publication, giving us a valuable opportunity to provide feedback to guide further research.

well said mods, thanks for answering my questions... eventually everything will be "abuse" resistant on the pharmaceutical side of things but that's just the progression of medical technology. The sheer willpower of a human(s) always, in due time, circumvent whatever "abuse proof" countermeasures are surrounding their favorite chemicals...

Hi Bluelighters,

We've just about halfway hit our recruitment goals. Thanks again for your participation. I would like to encourage those of you who have viewed the survey to please consider taking it. It will only take a short amount of time.

To reiterate what the moderators have said, once we publish our results they will be public domain. We don't have any secrets about the research that we are doing. Please feel free to read through the consent form, or look at our website to see what our core values are.

Thanks,
Katie

I just took the survey, I have a small question about it though:

I live outside North America / the US so I chose "Other", could you add an option like "Outside the US" or perhaps add the European Union as an option for us poor Euros? ;) Or is this survey aimed towards a certain country / continent (as in the US)?

Anyways, nice survey and it took way less than 30 minutes for me. Hope to have helped you and BL out by partaking in this survey. :)

Peace o/