• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Study habits for exams

Lysis

Bluelighter
I'm out of work and I go to college. I've noticed that I've rocked the grades this semester since I am not working and I have no stress or limited time to study. I can study in the morning or mid afternoon and I am pulling A's.

When I work though, I struggle with grades and find myself having a hard time concentrating or finding time to study.

I'm curious - for those of you who have an extremely busy schedule and go to school - what are your studying habits? Are you making A's? How do you find the time to study with your really busy schedule? Do you take time off of work, do you study at night/morning/etc?

I used to get up at like 4am when I had to work to study, but by the time my class came after work, I didn't retain it so well. This semester I'm study 2-3 hours prior to my test and I'm doing great.

I've found that a 20 hour work week does not effect my grades, but any more does. I'm sure it depends on your major, and its more important to have good grades in certain majors or if you want to go to grad school. I guess you just have to do a cost benefit analysis. If the job you have relates to your career interests, I'd keep it -- that will show employers you are ready for the real world.