• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

right on, I enjoyed it thoroughly at that dose. Could be my fave tryptamine. Definitely up there with 4-Aco-DMT. Will be trying 4-Aco-DET in the near future. I'm definitely curious as to the difference between the two

30 mg is indeed a wonderful dose.

I was a bit disappointed by the CEV's this time, but not in the overall experience at all. opened eye visuals more than compensated. lots of color and breathing. CEV's definitely present, just not as detailed or enveloping this time around.

had a bit of dank ale (22 oz of Dragon's Milk) so that is affecting me a bit, but still going after 6 + hours. On set still hit me the same, 30-45 minutes for full affect. did not eat about 4 hours prior to dose. strangely appetite seemed almost normal. snacked on hummus and bread several times throughout trip.

very euphoric, no anxiety, and quite social. had some company over about 3 1/2 hours into it, very comfortable and fluid, albeit a bit scattered and some difficulty focusing at times. some fits of giggles, though not uncontrollable (though no giggles in the company of others, just at comments on facebook, music lyrics, and internal dialogue)

listened to a lot of Ween, which seemed fitting for my state of irreverent bliss. Pure Guava seemed to be the perfect album for my state of being.

I'm still not sure about taking this further, or if it could have any potential as far as ego dissolution goes. I feel this is more suited toward recreation. definitely some erotic overtones as well.

I caught myself saying out loud several times, "I love this stuff!"

Last edited:
wow.

i took 20mg of 4-aco-det and was totally underwhelmed. but when i threw in 20mg of 4-aco-met things changed so rapidly and wonderfully that i dare say tonight was one of the most emotionally rich evenings i have ever had. hints of the power of mdma in certain ways but without feeling dumb and great visuals. i cant believe how wonderful this substance is and how little information there seems to be. (no entry in thikal unless i totally missed it...i know the ho's are in there BUT are they the same as far as safety and dosage ranges?

so

. what are the safe limits? any info on toxicity, etc. insufilation (sp?) ranges would be good too.

anyone done enough with this to figure out tolerance curves? are they similar to pscilosybin or more like dmt?

thanks!

I believe the acetate ester was mentioned in TiHKAL. I don't know of any info on toxicity, but generally speaking, 4-aco-trypts are quite safe & non-toxic. Dunno much about insufflation either, as tryptamines usually smell & taste so bad I avoid that ROA

4-Acetoxy-MET???

So there's pretty much zero information about this stuff online (it's not even on Erowid). Has anyone here done it before? Are the doses/effects about the same as 4-Acetoxy-DET? I've got 50mg of it, was planning on starting with 15 and taking 5-10 more if that wasn't enough. I just hate trying things without knowing what I'm getting into.

I love it! I find that for me this is an amazingly rich substance. Not super visual (for me) but it had some very emapathogenic qualities, and a really nice feel to it. a few people I have talked to feel the same way. I far prefer it over 4-aco-det. Of course I had a bit of a tolerance the few times I have done it (always at 25-30mg) and I am quite sure it could go into more intense territory than I have gone with it. But even still, I think it would retain some of its softness no matter what. this is all conjecture of course but....

i plan on writing a trip report for this one eventually.

There needs to be more info on this. Errowid has no page for it, etc.

unless you are super sensitive, I wouldnt recommend 15mg-if you trust your source.

depending on your tolerance and your disposition, I would go with at least 20mg.(for me i wont go less than 25) i don't feel that this substance is going to bite you. but you know yourself best.

it is rather short as well and for me, when it starts tapering I am always very sad.

Last edited:
oh and one final comment, though this is subjective.....i don't find that throwing more in after the intitial dose makes too much of a difference in intensity. or let me rephrase that....you CAN come up a bit but you don't ever recreate the initial intensity level. it has a very nice physical quality to it in the first hour or more and I find that my initial level is where I am going to stay.

But this is only based on 3 experiences with it. YMMV

Thanks, that's great to hear! Maybe the gf and I will just go ahead and take all of it (25mg each) or take 20 then 5 more later if we feel we need it. How long would you say it takes to feel the full effects? And your 25-30mg doses are oral, correct?

Gotcha, you pretty much answered the questions in the post I just made. We'll just go ahead and take the whole 25. If there's a way to make trip reports on chems that aren't listed on erowid, I definitely will do one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
25mg is a rather high dose. 10-20mg is more in line. Every 2mg can cause dramatic increases in potency.

yeah thats why i asked about tolerance and sensitivity.

of course, compared to say 23mg of 2c-t-2 or 20mg of 2c-e, I would say 20-25mg of 4-aco-met is quite a pleasant ride. ymmv. I dont know how you usually dive into a new RC. if you are the type of person who likes it strong or likes to check it out a bit first. (and yes i am talking about Oral)

I suppose you dont have a lot of it. so you could have a few lower dose trips or maybe one larger one. check the larger thread on this. I cant remember if anyone has had a "negative" experience with higher doses. also, look into 4-ho-met which many people tell me is comparable in some senses.

the bodyload for me was non-existent btw.... I havent timed how quickly it came up, BUT the come up for me is always intense. Not in a scary way but in that it is very distinct.

"12-18mg - light trip with audio/color enhancement, perhaps some gigles, very "cliche" psychedelic, good for a first trip
20-28mg - this is where I think most psychedelics users are going to find a decent sweet spot, but I don't know yet
25-35mg - this could also end up being the sweet spot, depending on how hard you like to trip. more information is needed to even make accurate guesses."

Last edited:
i took 28mg once at it was an excellent experience. Visuals were very ralph steadman and thinking was a bit loopy & fatalistic, but fun.

i have some new comments on this which might be important to some. there is a risk in some people with this of muscle tremors (or charlie horses) which are not fun. though they subside eventually....its possible this was already known about the 4-ho-met or its possible that some of the other 4-aco's do this

another thing i would like to mention is that a lot of people find this very physical...your mind is very connected to the way your body FEELS....which can work in a negative or positive way depending on your state of mind (this COULD be said for many other PD's of course but i think its very marked with this substance) it has a wonderful feel for some but i have known people who did not like it.

btw....based on this disucssion i would like to add a comment about dosage...someone took 18mg and barely felt anything but charlie horses....only after adding 10mg more did they seem to ease into anything enjoyable.

they had no tolerance at all.

how can you tell if you have the fumerate or the salt?and which is more potent again???

the one i have seen is very very fine, almost like a mist of dust

I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know in each of the substance Big and Dandies about the community project of the PD forum which has been being worked on for the past 2 years or so, the Psychedelic Effects Profile survey. This survey asks you a number of questions, starting with the substance taken, the dose, the method of administration, other substances (non-psychedelic) ingested during the trip, and set and setting, and then it goes on to ask about a variety of specific effects, and you can select whether or not you experienced them and if so, the intensity level of that effect on a 5-point scale.

Thank you for your help with this! For this to be of any use whatsoever, we need as many responses as we can possibly get, so please take it as many times as you have time for, for as many substances as you have had proper trips on. We want to gather the full range of effects possible so feel free to take it for positive as well as negative experiences, for earth-shattering and average. Each time taking the survey is for a single trip on a single substance - no combinations please, as it taints the data for each substance. In the future I may make another survey for combinations. The survey takes about 5 minutes to get through so it's not too much of your time.

For further discussion of this project, please see the stickied thread at the top of the forum that starts with "Community Project". To take the survey, please click on this link: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=hvw6fx9mmvzz82l599169

:)

(I wanted to also add that with the less-common substances such as 4-AcO-MET, it's even more vitally important that anyone who has experience with it please contribute, as there are only so many people in existence that have even tried this.)

right on xorkoth....you have no idea how much i respect you for all your work in this....this is a very positive step forward..currently filling out the survey.....

Thanks dude :) In the past half hour, 6 people have taken the survey... that's amazing, thanks everyone. :)

I have a gram of 4-aco-met fumerate and was wondering what would be the best solvent for long term storage? I don't have a mg scale, so volumetric dosing is my only option.