• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

I have had about 100mg of 4-aco-met for about 3 months now untouched and i would like to try it soon but as i have never once ingested a psychedelic of any sorts (not not lsd or even shrooms) im a little nervous. What would be a good dose for a 220lb 6'1" male with no tolerance. Also I have 300mg of clonazolam on hand. If I ended up having a bad trip or other misc problems too much to handle would that be of use?

Agreed mixing with MXE is a near-perfect experience, in lower doses it feels more like a psychedelic MDMA roll, in high doses it is like a DMT trip without completely breaking through, like at the 'veil' for hours.

I really feel it would be next to impossible to have a bad trip on this substance....it's the easiest psych I've ever done regarding "head games"

Most people would prolly recommend 20mg as a good starting dose.....I would say 25mg is right

My first experiment with this was 13 mgs. I could *almost* feel it. 17 mgs was a nice go, still underwhelmed, but was having a nice enough time. 20-22 mgs works fairly well for me. This Chem definitely is softer on the edges, oh and my specs are 5'11" @ 145 lbs with two bricks and a lead parka. Although, isn't general consensus moving toward brain chemistry having more of a relevant effect than body properties?

Although, isn't general consensus moving toward brain chemistry having more of a relevant effect than body properties?

I wouldn't count either out. Everyone I've seen reacts to psychedelics quite differently, but that hasn't changed the fact that nine out of ten that I've observed the smaller, skinnier people still trip on average considerably harder than the larger, heavier set people at the same doses.

Pro-tip: mix this with MXE and it's even more god-tier. Lower doses of each at a show feels so similar to MDMA.
Agreed mixing with MXE is a near-perfect experience, in lower doses it feels more like a psychedelic MDMA roll, in high doses it is like a DMT trip without completely breaking through, like at the 'veil' for hours.

Not that I'm doubting that this combination rocks, but I'm wondering, do you guys not get effects resembling MDMA and DMT already from 4-AcO-MET just on its own? That's pretty much like its major appeal to me, if I wasn't at the veil I wouldn't think I dosed high enough!

It has been a while since I have had 4-ho-met (I once went through over a gram of it by myself when it was all I could get), but I have recently had a number of experiences with this compound 4-aco-met. 4-aco-met I personally find somewhat inferior to the 4-ho counterpart. It is still a great chemical and pretty useful in situations such as concerts where an extremely clear mindset is desirable. In terms of the PURE 4-sub tryptamines I have experienced (not counting mushrooms), the mindfuck level goes from most to least:4-ho-dmt>4-aco-dmt>4-ho-mipt(though it can be VERY intense)>>>4-aco-met>4-ho-met. The first two are difficult to place, I have had much more experience with 4-aco-dmt than 4-ho-dmt and I think 4-ho-dmt might edge it out just a bit.

I find the euphoria from 4-aco-met to be somewhat less than the 4-ho. 4-aco-met is also significantly less stimulating than 4-ho-met, however both are stimulating in comparison to 4-aco-dmt. Both are extremely light and easy (least mindfuck of any psychedelic I have had, other than 5-meo-dalt, which was a waste of time). I don't consider either one to be ideal for a deep trip, and honestly find both somewhat boring. However, my ideal dose of 4-ho-met was quite high, as in 40mg or more, and at that point, the euphoria and feelings of love were sometimes absolutely overwhelming and life-affirming (my mind remained CRYSTAL clear). Visuals are also less present with 4-aco-met, though they can be impressive at higher doses. The 4-aco counterpart also has great clarity, though somewhat less so.

MXE goes great with either one, though if the MXE dose is above 60mg, it really takes over. A hole dose of MXE (120mg) with 50mg of 4-ho-met (with cannabis) was absolutely incredible and incapacitating, several hours of OBE and trance states. Overwhelming euphoria, nothing else I have ever experienced has come close. Not even nitrous, DMT and MXE together matched that. My brain felt like it was going to explode :). For clarification, I would never take such high doses of 4-ho-dmt/4-aco-dmt (max dose 45mg [and that is MASSIVE]) or 4-ho-mipt (MAX 35mg, maybe 40). Its not that I think metocin and metacetin are not potent, but that they don't really get interesting until the higher doses. Indeed I think 40-50+ (up to maybe 60) is pretty necessary for a full experience.

I assume something similar with 4-aco-met would produce similar results, but again, the euphoria with this compound is not quite as pronounced for me. Perhaps at a very high dose 40-60mg I could recapture that states I have experienced with 4-ho-met. Without much (less than 15mg) MXE the feelings of love seem to be even more powerful.

I have never experienced nausea with either compound. There is almost no body load, indeed the body feeling is great (as with all 4-subs above, excepting perhaps 4-ho-mipt, which has some chest pressure and occasionally weird stomach stuff at higher doses [but not uncomfortable and still MILES better than any 2c-x or even the 25-x IME]).

Overall I find these compounds most useful for euphoria, clarity, and visuals, but they almost don't feel like "trips" (not very "psychedelic" as I understand that term) on their own. Combined with a 4-sub that has greater "mindfuck" such as 4-aco-dmt or even 4-ho-mipt produces a nice middle ground that is more rewarding. MXE creates a different experience, that is more "stable".

I think either metocin or metacetin would be the IDEAL first psychedelic experience for someone who does not want to jump right into the deep end. Even people who think they can not handle psychedelics could probably try 30mg+ and have a great time, IME.

Last edited:
Has anybody took a fairly high dose of 4acomet and did not have any cevs, quite odd for me too say, most every psychedelic for me has cevs and its my most enjoyable part, this substance had zero cevs, even with a dose of 50mgs but it did have rather intense oevs visuals and a very enjoyable strong body high that for me was the best part

Ive been lookin into that one for about 2 years now, also want too try met and 4hodpt I haven't even got around to try 4acodmt yet.
Ive wasted my time on garbage peas too much.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/748393-4-Aco-MET-42mg-2-orally-First-time-DMT-visuals-forever

I love this material. It provides a cool, clean, childlike happiness and the most extravagant visual display of just about any material I've ever worked with. While no amount of LSD has ever proven to be that visual, this material is really stunning. Above is a link to a trip report from my first experience. Subsequent ones have been just as good, and 30mg has turned out to be the sweet spot for me, although lower levels are nice, as well. I do have a friend that experiences long-lasting irritability and depression from this material, although a light dose of a different 4-subbed tryptamine (like 4-HO-Mipt) afterwards terminates the negative effects immediately. I have found that, like psilocybin, the 4-AcO-MET trip can be bi-phasic--upbeat for the first few hours, down in the dumps for the last few hours. Again, a light dose of a different 5-HT2a agonist terminates this negativity immediately. Incidentally, I've also noticed that the persistent afterglow that I get from mescaline and MAL will also be abruptly terminated as soon as another 5-HT2a agonist is ingested. It seems worth further investigation...

So it had been a couple of months since I dosed this substance, so I measured out 40mg and down the hatch.

For me the comeup on a high dose is very much rough, so I decided to hop in a hot shower (I've got to get some magnesium chloride).

And WHAM, just almost like smoking a rip of deemsters I was thrust into a world of brightly colored jewels, and oh yes there were elves and it was like being in a circus ( this was in a brightly lit room with me eyes closed under running water)

Wow....but I'm wanting music and darkness, so I hop out of the shower after a few minutes of circus show closed eye visuals.

To the couch and stereo.....very weird thing here.....visuals are almost gone ! Like that....shit was unreal elves jeweled circus to almost no visuals in a matter of 10 minutes.....I don't understand. I beleive I have just gotten so used to this material that the trip is just somehow not as intense as it was when I first started using it......it's like I'm burnt out on sub4 trypts

I need some 2C-anything in my life;-) or some al/eth lad.....

I tried 45mg of 4-Aco-met yeaterday. It was nice. I'm at the beach and took it around 11am. It was very beautiful. Clouds were like tiny fractals and crystals. Colors were so bright. If I took my sun glasses off, I felt blinded. The water was also 10 different shades of blue, the grass was so many different shades of brilliant green. Everything was very colorful. I didn't feel to stimulated. I felt pretty good

The mental aspect of the trip was not very deep. And that was ok with me, since I am on vacation with family. I also took 2 (100μg) tabs of AL-LAD around 1045.

Overall it was a fun trip. I seemed to be talking more than normal, and laughing. I was having fun. I was very functional and no one thought I was acting different.

Finally got round to testing this stuff. 30mg ingested in water; tolerance was low, but I did trip on lsd one week ago.

As usual with the 4 subs, alerts were felt quickly; within 30 minutes visuals were sparking into life, patterns gently easing across the carpet.

Found it very easy to get lost in thoughts. I started by listening to Melody AM by Royksopp, always a favourite on a charging come up and allowed myself to drift away. Lots of thoughts about politics dominating at the moment following the UK'S vote to leave the EU in June. 4-aco-met, like miprocin, seems to allow for concise thinking. I was against leaving and still am, but need to look at how to make this clusterfuck of a situation work.

After about 2 hours I vape some weed. This kicked off a second, much more intense phase. I had a massively intense ride on lsd and ald52 last week, so I was happy to push it further and vape some more. The next 3 hours were like a white knuckle ride with intense visuals and deep introspection. Massively enjoyable and therapeutic.

As things wore down a little, I drank a cup of tea and lined up about 50mg of ketamine. This brought me right back up to the peak with some incredibly intense visuals almost on a level with the 300ug lsd + 375ug ald52 trip from the week before. I say almost, the detail wasn't there, but stuff was certainly flying.

To compare with metocin, I think that this stuff is more visual, albeit in a different way. Metocin is all about playing with light; focusing on something seems to create an aura around it. Aco-met seems keener to get things moving. I think that mixing with metocin may produce interesting results.

All in all a very interesting substance.

Does anyone know the shelf life of 4-subbed-trypts, particularly this one ?
I have some stored for about a year, and I'm not sure if activity has been lost.

Anyone here has an old metacetin batch stashed and can comment on stability?

4-substituted tryptamines generally have short shelf lives compared to a lot of other chemicals. But if stored correctly I'd say 1-2 years at least. However I have received batches that had degraded to about half its normal potency, the vendor didn't specify the storage conditions for that perticular batch but I'm pretty sure it was probably double vacuum sealed & put in the freezer. So 4-AcO-MET seems to be rather unstable.

Does anyone know the shelf life of 4-subbed-trypts, particularly this one ?
I have some stored for about a year, and I'm not sure if activity has been lost.

Anyone here has an old metacetin batch stashed and can comment on stability?

I've had some for about a year in my freezer, vial, bagged, dessicant etc.. It was supposedly degraded and on sale when I bought it. Kind of a tannish color. Color hasn't changed, still as potent for me after a year.