Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Welcome to your new forum!

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
As some of you may know, we've had discussions for some time on merging Aus Events into Aus Social. Over the next 24 hours (hopefully) we'll be implementing this.

Firstly I'd like to introduce your new mods of the combined forum; ch0psy and leecie who have been regulars here for ages and certainly won't be strangers to you. Even if sometimes you wish they were ;)

While we can only hope things will go smoothly, for a short period anyway we'll have to ask you to bear with us... a couple of concerns that you might have:

Too many moderators

While AS has probably never had five moderators, we don't think having "too many moderators" is the problem some of you might see it to be. Over time natural attrition means that staff will leave so we'll eventually get back down to a more appropriate number.

In the meantime don't assume that having too many mods means the forum will be overmoderated. The tone of the forum is decided by the mods in consultation with each other, not by the number that are around.

Too many threads

For a short while you might find more "active" threads on the forum index while we work out the best way to organise things but I would hope that in time things will settle down. The mods will be doing their best to make sure the first page doesn't get overrun.

Change is never easy, that's why I plan to ban anyone who complains and just do things my way but if you give it a chance, you'll soon forget things were ever different.

Feel free to lose your shit in welcoming your new mods :D

Actually currently i think this is a very very welcome move and specially having extra mods cos I am sure they will help to enliven this place a bit more. Plus both are brilliant mods.

Would be great to have it getting back to its glory days.

Maybe we could rename the entire forum the New and improved Aus soc.

One question i have is............has Aus soc joined aus events or has aus events joined aus soc?

bahahahaha.

Its a merge of two super powers and you know it!

Maz has had a rare public display of common sense in stating this is a very welcome move.

On behalf of the Aus Social mod team I would like to welcome Leecie and ch0psy to the team. We have all known Leecie to be a classy lass and a very quality operator and ofcourse we all know ch0ps ;)

Ultimately we know this will be of great benefit to all users of this corner of the forum and i for one will be looking forward to the next few months

Bluelight Aus Social circa 1999. I like it. Nice move people.

I think it is ultimately a good move, should get more people involved in posting :)

Perhaps just a suggestion that the Events thread titles have something to differentiate them from other threads like [EVENT] or something before the title?
Just so then its easier to find them when we are looking for them?

EG for the title:

[EVENT] Summadayze Melbourne 1st Jan

Every event will be prefixed with the state it is relevant to like we used to do in the old events forum eg. "[VIC] Summadayze Melbourne 1st Jan" and then up the top right of the forum there is a quick search function to find the events relevant to your state - hoptis is the smart little cookie that put that one together.

We will be pulling together the guidelines over the next few days.

Suggestion now that the forums are merged.

How about special tags to indicate a thread is for Events? Like how our Sticky threads have a 'Sticky' prefix.

I like the idea of haveing events threads with state info etc

BUT

and yes its a big BUT..............please dont all carry on like gooses just because someone adds an event and doesnt do it the exact way you want it.

Sure the older heads should know better but newbs dont and its just like us over in ED....you just accept, fix the mistake and send a polite PM advising why the change was made and they dont do it again.

I know its a pain but the alternative is having less people posting here.

One of the reasons Ecstasy Discussion is growing so fast is because we dont make a big deal out of newbs making a blunder or two.

No one is making a big deal of it though, don't worry. It's a guideline, and if you balls it up we will fix it. No drama. People will adjust eventually. We will just make sure the prefix thing is right so that people can do effective quick-searches. Winner.

leecie said:
No one is making a big deal of it though, don't worry.

Yea, I think MazDan was referring to how in most forums on this site, the mods act like jerks to newbs who make mistakes.

It's like, I could have made a snide remark about how 3 people posted basically the same idea 3 times in a row in this thread. But I didn't...

Nope, my suggestion was with reference to this:

i2de

So when you post a thread, you have a dropdown box next to the thread title field that lets you select "Event," which then gives you an 'Event' prefix not unlike the 'Sticky' prefix in above.

So your 'Event' prefix can be a different colour to visually indicate it is different from the chat threads.

And you might be able to hack the search function to only search 'Event' threads.

;)

leecie.................sorry, I certainly wasnt suggesting that was or is likely to happen.............however as Rated said.........it does happen in a lot of other forums here and it shits me to tears. I guess I was forseeing a problem that may start and was trying to nip it beforehand.

vurtomatic, I really like that idea and in fact would love to expand on it...............for example FAQ threads or Fact threads for my area or maybe NEWS threads.

But only if they were not automatically sticky threads.................. I hate forums that have a bazillion sticky threads.

Rated E said:
It's like, I could have made a snide remark about how 3 people posted basically the same idea 3 times in a row in this thread. But I didn't...

I see what you did there. Nice one :D

vurt: That should be possible when we upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin which allows thread prefixes. :)

Congrats to the new mods, good luck with the new and improved Aussie social / events forum!

BT :)

^^^ HE LIVES!! :)

Best of luck to the new forum and it's recruits. Next we'll be merging with The Lounge. ;)

^^^^^^^^ wash your mouth out with LSD or something.,... merge witrh the lounge over my dead body...................hmmmm, maybe that wasnt the smartest suggestion...lol.

DJC are you gunne come on our sojourn in sydney on Dec 12?