• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Safe Sources of DXM

In pure DXM HBr powder form, duh.

Indeed... Always a fan of working with clean substances....

Next best thing if you dont want to eat a bunch of gel caps or chug down some syrup is an A/B extraction which will leave you with DXM HCl or citrate, or whatever acid you use to salt it....

Hydrobromic acid (i think thats right) is not as easily obtainable as HCL or Citric acid... of course dose probably has to be converted slightly due to changes in molecular weight....

Robo DM Max contains only DXM as an active ingredient.
200.JPG

PLEASE be careful kids when Robotrippin'. DO NOT take anything with secondary active ingredients. Too many people are like "yeah but it's not much it will be ok." It's not ok.

*snip'd* [no source solliciting on BL!]
As for DM Max, i just read about this, it says it has 10mg per 5ml? The regular Robo Cough has 15mg per 5ml

Last edited by a moderator:
Robitussin Gelcaps I am 99% sure are only DXM.

Double check this before buying/taking!

^^ they are... Unless its changed since the last time i tried unsuccessfully to buy a bottle of cough gels when i was like 16...

Indeed... Always a fan of working with clean substances....

Next best thing if you dont want to eat a bunch of gel caps or chug down some syrup is an A/B extraction which will leave you with DXM HCl or citrate, or whatever acid you use to salt it....

Hydrobromic acid (i think thats right) is not as easily obtainable as HCL or Citric acid... of course dose probably has to be converted slightly due to changes in molecular weight....

You dont necessarily have to do an A/B, there's an extraction method somewhere here that just uses solvents.

You dont necessarily have to do an A/B, there's an extraction method somewhere here that just uses solvents.

Just solvents? You do still need to basify the DXM before you can use any nonpolar solvent to pull it from the cough syrup. So at the least you would need nonpolar solvent and a base.

tuxium is cheap (only dxm pills) but the pills are HUGE, so i go for the 2.5 times more expensive "ergix" (tiny pills, very expensive!

My completely non-expert opinion is that Zicam Cough MAX is the safest source of DXM. Other products have a way higher bulk to drug ratio. With Zicam, you don't have to down 4 or more ounces of all sorts of who knows what the hell they are inactive ingredients. All you get is .55 ounces of liquid, making it the purest OTC DXM source. It does taste like ass though.

I know I sound like a broken record about this, but guys, seriously, why would ANYONE drink syrup when pure dxm powder can be bought so easily online? All you need is google, and it's CHEAPER than syrup by far as well. Not to mention legal most places so there is no issues with ordering it on the net, as far as I'm aware.

Sorry to bang that drum over and over :D

Sorbitol-free, DXM-only products.

I've had a couple different brands of cough syrup, and I'm highly susceptible to nausea caused by sorbitol. I remember reading a post by one guy who claimed to have a syrup without this ingredient. I think he said it was Equate. For some reason, they even put sorbitol in the robotussin cough gels. It doesn't seem to be avoidable.

So can anyone recommend a product that contains only DXM, but no sorbitol?

Yeah, I've seen someone recommend zicam before. Not sure if it's available in Canada (I've never seen it), but I can take a lookie-lookie.

equate doesn't have any in it. Also look at krogers (if they have them in canada) for their store brand. They have a non alcohol orange flavor one that seems to go down a lot smoother than other types of syrup.

I usually just look at the store brand, or off name brand cough syrups.