Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Safe Sources of DXM

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is for discussion of safe sources of DXM. I was inspired to create this while I was responding in the Long-Term Negative Effects of Coricidin thread./ I think it is very much in the interest of harm reduction to discuss and list the various products that contain only DXM and thus are safe to take. As we know, there are many DXM-containing products that contain other active ingredients as well, such as Coricidin (the worst of them), and they are very dangerous to attempt to get high on.

What this thread is is a place to list any products you know of that are safe, and to discuss this topic in general. It may not be a very bulky thread, but it's designed to be a place that people will link to from the Big and Dandy DXM thread front page of information links if they want to find a list of safe products.

What this thread is not is a place to discuss sources of where to buy pure DXM or anything like that. The no source discussion rule applies here as it does everywhere else. :)

I've used Robotussin DX Dry cough forte a few times.

200mL = 600mg DXM
Label says - 'This product also contains Sodium Benzoate, Saccharin Sodium, Glucose (from wheat), Fructose and Maltose'

I haven't experienced any problems with this product.

Zicam Cough Mist Max (391 mg in a .44 oz bottle)
Robitussin Maximum Strength (354 mg in a 4 oz bottle)
Robitussin Cough Gels (15 mg per pill, 300 mg per bottle)

You also can easily find cheaper generic cough syrups at most pharmacies labeled Tussin which are basically the exact same product as Robitussin Max but sold for significantly cheaper.

Dayquil for cough. Has 300mg in a 10oz bottle (thats a lot to swallow). 1mg per ml. Some Dayquils have Gaufinesin and this one did NOT.

Orange Wal-Tussin. 3mg/ml, comes in 4oz bottles for about 360mg total. $5.

Delsym. We know the deal here.

I have noticed Orange syrups dont cause diarrhea and tend to sit easier in the tummy. Also, they are tasty!

Not true I had a orange citrus flavor DayQuil with like only 900mg DXM total in it, and it had a horrible minty taste that was enough to make me gag.

Lol well I suppose its a matter of opinion. People also say Robo is sweet when I consider it tantamount to a rusty trombone.

Wtf where did you find 900mg in anything? I declare shenanigans. Most dayquil/nyquil only has 1mg/ml, and the 10oz bottle has 300ml so 300mg. Thats all I've ever seen.

Zicam for the win; two little shots and you're tripipng balls. There is no better way imo (other than to wait for better drugs than dxm :p)

Zicam does have some good stuff going. That spray can be easily swiped off a shelf and its a quick down.

I have never heard of any of these products besides Robotussin.
This is probably because I live in the UK, and most of these posts are from abroad - it would be helpful if you said what country your product is licensed in.

I can go into an English pharmacy and see dozens of bottles of Robotussin on the shelf, but I know that not all Robo products contain DXM. I don't even know whether any of them do, and to ask the pharmacist: "Hmm, does that bottle of Robotussin dry and tickly cough syrup contain Dextromethorphan" would certainly, prick up ears and sound like outright drug-seeking behaviour.
Hmmm...

Aren't the ingredients listed on the label? In the US they'r required to be.

Shrimps.

Do the math. Convert your weight to kilograms, simple as typing "136lbs to kg" in google. In this case, 61kg. Now that means for say a low 2nd plateau (4mg/kg) you would need 4 times 61. 264mg.

Its not that hard.

shrimps2004 said:
how many Mg's should i take to get a good trip?? im 6'0" 136lbs

Don't start off with a full dose - you don't know if you're hypersensitive to DXM or not before you first try it. Start out with a low dose - if you totally trip balls, that's a red flag for hypersensitivity. It probably wouldn't be in your best interest to take any more, in that case.

So calculate a 1st plateau dose for your first time.

Agreed. Keep it at or under 2mg/kg and see how you feel.

You shouldnt feel more than a little kick or buzz.

If you see crazy shit and cant walk then you lack certain enzymes and all that technical shit.

Best form to purchase DXM in?

What is the best as far as amount of mg's for your buck? Liquid? Gel Capsules? How do you usually take dxm? thanks for the help

Im not sure about this but you can buy pure dxm pills and capsules on leagal high websites and shit . I also get them at my local smoke shop

God what is with all the DXM threads?

There is a big and dandy thread for all things DXM....