• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Safe Sources of DXM

HFCS is very unhealthy and can cause diabetes.

Food coloring can cause ADD.

And they are both in a large percentage of processed foods.

So if you can get the powder and just mix it on OJ that is definitely healthier, but it's not really any worse to drink a bottle of HFCS than it is to eat candy or put maple syrup on your pancakes. LOL

what about the organic maple syrup? don't tell me i'm paying more and still getting fake shit! they better take it right off the tree bark

I can't stand the taste of the regular syrup, so I've been getting the store brand orange flavored stuff for my DXM trips. The box is usually designed to mimic Delsym, but it's HBr, not polistirex. Often it's more expensive per oz. compared to the store brand Robitussin competitor, for the exact same amount of syrup with the same mg per mL.

most of the orange flavored store brand HBr that i've had seems to not absorb very well.

Zicam Nite is actually no longer in production. I think its been that way for about 2 years now.

AFAIK, you can still buy the Zicam cough spray which is almost 400mg a bottle, plus it is only .75oz of liquid - that shit used to tear me up.

-Noddy

AFAIK, you can still buy the Zicam cough spray which is almost 400mg a bottle, plus it is only .75oz of liquid - that shit used to tear me up.

-Noddy

the only time I ever tried the Zicam spray I downed two bottles and blacked out. Next thing I knew I woke up at 4 am in a CiCi's pizza with tons of people around me playing poker and all my weed gone. Twas interesting.

Edit: You might be a dexhead if:

VVV You call Zicam. Lol :p

-Noddy

i think you're a little confused. Zicam Cough MAX is still available. it has 400mg per bottle. it is .55oz of liquid though.

Zicam Cough Nite however is no longer in production. that is the one that was in a .75oz bottle, and had something like 560mg (or more) of DXM in it. my most intense DXM trips ever were on Zinite, and i miss it dearly.

i called Zicam to ask them about the Nite Cough product. they are the ones that told me it is no longer in production.

I'm about 5'7" and about 190-200 pds. Gonna get some Vicks 44...how much should i take? About to log off so a message response would be good. I've never done it before sooooo...?

What's you're experience with the cheapest way to get a high amount of DXM? I always buy gelcaps but I spend a lot of money per month on them. I used to have a subscription with Amazon where I'd buy DXM from them. The pills were 10mgs each and I think they were even less than that. I took "1g" in Amazon DXM and felt just weird.

I've started to build up a tolerance (on purpose) to Guaifenesin in preparation for the time when DXM only products do not exist. For now though, products with Guaifenesin are more expensive. Guaifenesin is actually a cool medicine. It helps you breathe better. But that's beside the point.

I'm on a good dose of 600mgs right now. It's getting to the point where I can't read as well. So sorry if there are mistakes. I just dosed tonight for the afterglow tomorrow.

I was at the 99 cents store... and you wouldn't believe it. They had 4oz bottles for coughs only.. checked it and was dxm as only active ingredient.

I can confirm this. The post I'm quoting is something like 8 months old, but I was at the same USA-based national chain of discount stores last week.

The product is made by the same company that makes most of the nationally distributed store brand cough-only preparations sold in the US. Full strength, 15 mg per 5 mL, 1.4% alcohol, contains only DXM. Standard cough syrup flavor - but I've taken an almost two month break, and the flavor doesn't bother me anymore.

I'm a bit confused though. You're not supposed to post any prices, and you're not supposed to post any sources - but it seems to be OK to post something like "CVS Brand Maximum Strength Cough Relief", because there's no other way to convey that particular bottle is safe. But the name of the store in question here, is also the item's price!

most of the orange flavored store brand HBr that i've had seems to not absorb very well.

The orange/grape flavored store brand does not have any alcohol. The regular flavor only has 1.4% ABV, but maybe that's just enough to make a difference. Or maybe the better-flavored ones use a different food coloring/sweetener/etc.

What's you're experience with the cheapest way to get a high amount of DXM

I don't think we're supposed to discuss prices. Unless it's also the name of a store...

I know I don't have my 50 posts yet, or even close, but I really want to post a link. It's the whole reason I joined this board.

I'm not very active in the DXM community, but i've recently I made decided to make a video for everyone showing you how easy it is to get DXM powder from Sucrets. This video will be on YouTube soon. And it will be on my server in HiDef. But for now it's in on my server in low def.

This is the quickest way to do it using just paper towel and not waiting for the powder to settle. Even if you're using a coffee filter there's really no real reason to let the the powder settle. Anyway just watch the video and you'll see how easy it is.

I just want people to have an alternative cheaper cleaner way.

Enjoy:
Download:
http://www.fagscapes.com/DXM_sucrets_extracts.wmv

YoutTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HTg6AQGb14

*edit: added youtube link and HiRes download

Last edited:
Your extraction method reminds me of making homemade ricotta cheese...just boil up some milk with lemon juice or vinegar and drain it out in a coffee filter and you're done.

The generic brand syrup contains ~350mg. Sucrets contains 180mg per box for around the same price so you'd need two boxes to have an equivalent experience. So I'm not sure how you're coming up with your numbers, maybe Sucrets is a lot less expensive wherever you live?

The generic brand syrup contains ~350mg. Sucrets contains 180mg per box for around the same price so you'd need two boxes to have an equivalent experience. So I'm not sure how you're coming up with your numbers, maybe Sucrets is a lot less expensive wherever you live?

sucrets dm are often half-off at the store that i frequent the most.

Wow...I just got some of the pure powder for the first time in a few years...it is so much smoother than the store-bought stuff (and I'm generally too lazy to do an extraction). I measured out 150mg and put it in my smoothie and am having and extremely pleasant p1 trip that feels way cleaner than drinking half of a bottle of the store-bought stuff. The smoothie completely masked all the unpleasant taste as well. If you can get the pure powder go for it. <3

Kanga,
i think i have robitussin DM max at my local walmart, or kroger,
im 14 years old, 130 lbs, 5'9, and im a freshman at northwest highschool,
ive been taking 16 triple cs to get fucked up since the beginning of my 8th grade year, now ive heard all this bad shit a bout them, im looking
for an alternative source to get fucked up instead of taking 16 triple cs,
anyways to get to the point, will i need to drink a whole bottle of this considering my age, weight, and heighth?
and if i do, will it get me high just like take 16 triple cs?
reply soon, thanks.

@thenightwatch
im 14 years old, 130 lbs, and 5'9
if i got a bottle of Zicam Cough Max
how much would i have to drink? sorry im not that good at math, would i need to drink the whole bottle? i might have a tollerence to dxm, ive been take 16 triple cs to get fucked up since the beginning of my 8th grade year and i am now a freshman, and where would i be able to steal Zicam Cough Max at?
thanks.

^ Based on this post, I don't think you should be messing around with DXM. Corcidin is the absolute worst substance to use for a DXM trip and if you can't figure out how much Zicam to take, you should be focusing on your math class instead of getting "fucked up". Seriously dude, you're 14. At that age, DXM won't do anything for you other than possible psychological damage.

Remember Dr. House's "Ignorance is Bliss", a child prodigy dumbs himself down on purpose by using what? Dextromorphan, at the doses needed to created such damage. Either find a pure source, or move on to something else.

Wow...I just got some of the pure powder for the first time in a few years...it is so much smoother than the store-bought stuff (and I'm generally too lazy to do an extraction). I measured out 150mg and put it in my smoothie and am having and extremely pleasant p1 trip that feels way cleaner than drinking half of a bottle of the store-bought stuff. The smoothie completely masked all the unpleasant taste as well. If you can get the pure powder go for it. <3

Can I just ask what the experience was like at that dose? I am eager to try DXM, and can get the pure powder from a reliable source. Is it comparable to Ketamine at all, if you have tried K?