• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DXM Subthread] Safe Sources of DXM

I use 1800mg or 3 bottles and i'm 50kg. or 48 kg at the moment. It's amazing when you can fall through your body into a timeless world of the afterlife. Thats me though. Love it.....once in a while that is. Once a fortnight will do me. Peace.

I was just cleaning through my stash and found this label:

pharm.jpg

Brings back some memories! I had wondered what ever happened to the company and I dug up this press release here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=496741

I was at the 99 cents store... and you wouldn't believe it. They had 4oz bottles for coughs only.. checked it and was dxm as only active ingredient.
Huge price reduction than if I were to buy the same things at wal mart... it would be like 4 a bottle.

My completely non-expert opinion is that Zicam Cough MAX is the safest source of DXM. Other products have a way higher bulk to drug ratio. With Zicam, you don't have to down 4 or more ounces of all sorts of who knows what the hell they are inactive ingredients. All you get is .55 ounces of liquid, making it the purest OTC DXM source. It does taste like ass though.

how many mg's of DXM are in .55oz of zicam?

how many mg's of DXM are in .55oz of zicam?

if you do the math based on the package information it comes out to 394mg i believe. i always round to 400mg though since the exact volume in each zicam isn't perfectly standardized. the package says i believe 16.3ml. however, one time i measured out the amount of fluid and it was in the 18-19ml range. which is about an extra 50-75mg! the manufacturers probably try to err on the side of caution, so i figure that a zicam typically has anywhere from 375mg to 500mg. that explains why sometimes a zicam kicks your ass way more than other times!

Most big chain pharmacies in the US carry generic brands of many popular meds. There's usually a generic Robitussin variety that's got DXM as the only active ingredient. Any pharmacy type place that stocks all your common OTC painkillers, cold/flu meds, etc. will probably have something like this. The most popular local grocery store chain around here doesn't carry DXM only products as a company policy since they've clued into the fact that kids buy these products to "get high."

^ It's real easy to curb teenager abuse, just set an age limit and make someone produce an ID to purchase it. I wish they still sold the powder online easily, I know a place I can get it from but they said that once they've sold out it's all gone. It should be as legal and easy to get as any of these RC's like Meph, and it used to be until the big busts from stupid teens taking 600mg+ while at school and some death reports of morons doing several bottles of corcidian or whatever that has all the other crap in it that is lethal at higher dosages

Indeed... Always a fan of working with clean substances....

Next best thing if you dont want to eat a bunch of gel caps or chug down some syrup is an A/B extraction which will leave you with DXM HCl or citrate, or whatever acid you use to salt it....

Hydrobromic acid (i think thats right) is not as easily obtainable as HCL or Citric acid... of course dose probably has to be converted slightly due to changes in molecular weight....

Hmm I found a source of pure DXM HCL powder for appx. 1/7th the cost of store-bought. I'd be buying it up now if I didn't already blow my drug budget on K.

I don't really like the powder though TBH because it is very caustic and you have to wear gloves to handle it. But it is the fastest way to dose, you measure out the amount you want on a scale and mix it in with some orange juice and you're tripping in like 20 mins.

Symptompak 10mg pills, no other actives, come in bottles of 60

I just found these on amazon, I assume their fairly new. They also apparently are sold mostly online, the manufacturer's site lists store retailers that I've never heard of.

I wonder how well they would absorb and how strong the effects would be, I personally never got anything off of the gelcaps. The taste of gels gets to me after 10 of those things, their quite disgusting.

I refuse to do gelcaps. They always seem to make me nauseous and upset my stomach. I don't get nauseous or upset stomach when I just down a bottle of the syrup, and as awful as it tastes it only lasts for a short time. The only pills that don't suck are the children's pills that I used to import from Thailand that were tiny little yellow microdots that were super easy to swallow 10 at a time of.

That's funny girlygrrl, I always do gelcaps because the one time I did syrup (Delsym orange) I was violently ill. I have grapefruit juice before and then down 3-4 at a time washed down with tea. Sometimes I have no nausea, but when I do it's quickly cured by a spliff, cigarette, or antacid.

Additionally, has anyone noticed a qualitative difference of trip depending on how they're taking their dex? I used to mainly take CVS gelcaps because they're about $1.20 cheaper than Robitussin, but my boyfriend and I tried Robitussin for a few trips recently and thought it resulted in a less foggy, more alert kind of trip so we've decided to bite the bullet and use more Robitussin.

I tend to only get the generic [no sources] brand or the Delsym.

Delsym is polystirex which is a different synthesis process; it is the time-release stuff which can be potentially more dangerous because you'll end up with different levels of DXM/DXO then you would if you just had regular DXM. Perhaps you got sick because of that?

I actually enjoy the polystirex more...it lasts longer and is a milder buzz. I find that if my mind is in turmoil and I have massive amounts of anxiety and scattered focus than the polystirex fixes the anxiety better than any Rx anti-anxiety drug I've tried. It is also quite good for a combo with 2c-e, as then the dex doesn't wear off before the 2c-e does.

Last edited by a moderator:
@cardinas: Delsym already produces an effect similar to the effect caused by doing regular DXM HBr + Grapefruit Juice, due to the way that the time release changes the way your liver metabolizes the DXM. i think it might have been the combination of those two that caused you to become ill.

also, it's been mentioned in this thread before, but i believe that the safest OTC source of DXM is Zicam Cough Max. there's barely anything there in the way of inactive ingredients, all your body has to process is a half ounce shot. it feels way cleaner than gels or syrup. i like the trip a lot too, it hits you pretty quickly.

one of my favorite ways to do DXM, though, is to take a bottle or two of gels, then take a zicam when the gels kick in. that'll probably get you to outerspace, or at least the upper atmosphere. :) you can do the same thing with syrup too.

Oh, I guess I was kinda unclear -- I didn't do the Delsym with anything else, I have the habit of having gfj with my gelcaps. Maybe I'll give the Zicam CM/etc. a shot next time, though, that definitely sounds interesting.

the top of the spray bottle is hard to get off... just grip it as hard as you can right at the part where it screws, and twist. you'll get it with time. :)

If you order the raw chemical and mix it in with GFJ or OJ and drink it as a shot that kicks in very fast. Although the generic store brand that is basically dex in some high-fructose corn syrup with food coloring is not too bad.

If you order the raw chemical and mix it in with GFJ or OJ and drink it as a shot that kicks in very fast. Although the generic store brand that is basically dex in some high-fructose corn syrup with food coloring is not too bad.

i think high fructose corn syrup and food coloring make up about 95% of what americans eat lol

i think high fructose corn syrup and food coloring make up about 95% of what americans eat lol

HFCS is very unhealthy and can cause diabetes.

Food coloring can cause ADD.

And they are both in a large percentage of processed foods.

So if you can get the powder and just mix it on OJ that is definitely healthier, but it's not really any worse to drink a bottle of HFCS than it is to eat candy or put maple syrup on your pancakes. LOL