• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2008-09 NCAA College Hoops Thread... The official one!

Rusty Cage

Bluelighter
AP Top 25
1. North Carolina
2. UCLA
3. Memphis
4. Kansas
5. Georgetown
6. Louisville
7. Tennessee
8. Michigan State
9. Indiana
10. Washington State
11. Marquette
12. Oregon
13. Duke
14. Gonzaga
15. Texas
16. Texas A&M
17. Arizona
18. USC
19. Arkansas
20. Kentucky
21. North Carolina State
22. Pittsburgh
23. Stanford
24. Southern Illinois
25. Kansas State

Pre-season AP poll, with the season starting up in less than a week, it's time to start talking shit about North Carolina, and Duke. Also feel free to talk shit about Kansas, and U of L as well. As my hatred for any of those schools is borderline psychotic.

Oh and you might as well feel free to post pre-season final four predictions, and all that jazz too. Talk about the solid recruits your team got, shit talk about the solid recruits your team missed out on, whatever floats your boat really.

And with that, All I can say is GO BIG BLUE!

UK looks strong this year, like we might actually have talent that won't take forever to show it's face.

How did I know it'd be you to launch this thread ;)

*sigh* hope UF can get back to the dance...and not go home in the first weekend :eek:

Because it's basketball and I'm the only Wildcat fan on the forum (that I know of). It's what we're known for, we put duke, and NC fans to shame. I mean comon we'll stand in line for over 3 days just to watch a 30 minute practice.

Pre-season games have already tipped off, and there is not anyone yet talking any shit?

:(

Rusty Cage said:
7) Kentucky (this is my team so I feel like I know way more about them and I'm going to talk a lot about them
But look for UK to be in every game, ...

Dated early October :\

Some of us haven't given up on football just yet ;) Certainly not for pre-season :eek: Though, we'll talk some shit soon <3

College hoops heads?

I've noticed the abscence of a college basket ball thread up in here. Is this due to a lack of interest, is one already made, or is no one really into it? Some amazing games going on recently. 20 Louisville upsetting no.1 michigan, wake forest being no 1 for like a day and LOSING TO UNRANKED virginia tech, 7 michigan state snappin thier 28 game home winning streak losing to unranked northwestern... some pretty exciting stuff. What a great year in general for underdogs. watching purdue and minnesota right now, tied up in the first half.

back on topic, would peeps be interested in a '09 ncaa bball thread?

i like UNC. here in ym town chapel hill collage basketball is a BIG FUCKIN DEAL since we have duke unc-chapel hill and NC-state all in close proximity and all have formidable B-ball teams.

un ranked west virginia just knocked off 14 georgetown. by like 20 points. on georgetowns court. looked like they werent even trying at the end. you gotta love big east conference play, so much talent there they are always good games.

I like syracuse this year, johnny flynn is bayyyyd

it's pretty hilarious how bad the SEC is at basketball these days.

Isn't that the truth. My team, Arkansas, took out #4 Oklahoma and #7 Texas and we haven't won an SEC game yet...We haven't really even looked competitive. I don't think more than 4 teams will make it to the big dance.

The Big Ten is back, the only shit team is Indiana, feels good man.
Tubby and the Gophers will be very dangerous in the near future(next year).

g'd'm'f'n'g8trz..... :!

They so DO NOT deserve to go to the NCAA this year. They'll probably win another couple of games and maybe bubble their way in because there are so damn few SEC teams to pick....but my gawd, the whole dang conference is seriously sucking this year.

^^ Word....

LSU is finally ranked after almost running the conf slate thus far

Oklahoma over Michigan State in the finals...sorry Big East and ACC teams:)
ESPN analysts are so anti-Big Ten...Is it because of the Big Ten Network?
Minnesota will beat Duke in the second round....that's my bold pick for the tourney.

The only sport which (largely because of so many of the premier players now play 0-2 years of NCAA ball, when in the past, NEARLY EVERYONE stayed for their Senior Season) has actually DETERIORATED over the past 25 years.

I'll still watch, for nostalgic purposes, and out of habit, and I'll still be rooting for my Deamon Deacons (who have been so up and down this year, I could see them losing in the 4-13 game in Round One, and I could also see them going on a deep run and knocking off #1 Louisville in Round Three).

Watching March Madness now is probably like fucking my hypothetic wife *will be* in our hypothetical twentieth year together - still enjoyable, but just not the same.