• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Ritalin La

coking

Greenlighter
Im sure this is already been posted somewhere but i cant really find one. From what i have experienced when the 20 mg Ritalin is crushed into a fine powder and then snorted its like taking 40 mgs orally. Same as crushing it up and drinking it.

How long does it last when i am snorting them because obviously the time-release has been fucked. Is mixing 25 mg trazadone, 40 mg ritalin and 10-20 mg of ambien dangerous?

And any opinions for taking it? Also anyone that knows a little chemistry should tell me how to take out the extra crap in them so i can get pure Methylphenidate.

Last edited:
coking said:
How long does it last when i am snorting them because obviously the time-release has been fucked.

I don't understand this question, how long does it last for you when you snort it? Why don't you tell us, you're the one who's doing it! I could tell you that it gets me high for four hours, someone else gets high for five and then our mutual friend gets high for a month off one line. People have individual body chemistry, there is gonna be some variation.

coking said:
Is mixing 25 mg trazadone, 40 mg ritalin and 10-20 mg of ambien dangerous?

No, you may fall asleep/not feel the ritalin as much.

coking said:
And any opinions for taking it? Also anyone that knows a little chemistry should tell me how to take out the extra crap in them so i can get pure Methylphenidate.

Do a search, there is a few threads on how to do extractions.

It's not very good.

It stimulates me, yet its not euphoric. I feel jittery/anxious and can't sit still. Yet I still managed to finish off a whole lot of it because of compulsive re-dosing.

Eh.

u just need to put the beads in a deep bowl and use a mortar and crush it into a fine powder. Have fun

Just crush with a mortar and pestle and parachute them.

I don't understand this question, how long does it last for you when you snort it? Why don't you tell us, you're the one who's doing it! I could tell you that it gets me high for four hours, someone else gets high for five and then our mutual friend gets high for a month off one line. People have individual body chemistry, there is gonna be some variation.

Awesome.

for me the high is no more than 2 hours

What high? Personally, I have never gotten any sort of a buzz off of Methylphenidate, even when I would insufflate as much as 40-50mg. Ritalin is bullshit in my opinion.

In my previous post, I was actually saying 'awesome' in response to Mr. Blondes witty post because it made me laugh pretty hard.

What does the LA in Ritalin LA stand for?

I would just google it but my computer is broken and all I have is my blackberry and it would take like 10 minutes. I've been trying to figure it out and I keep thinking Ritalin: Los Angeles, like how they are about to come out with Law and Order: Los Angeles.

What high? Personally, I have never gotten any sort of a buzz off of Methylphenidate, even when I would insufflate as much as 40-50mg. Ritalin is bullshit in my opinion.

In my previous post, I was actually saying 'awesome' in response to Mr. Blondes witty post because it made me laugh pretty hard.
I used to be able to get a buzz from it - 80mg of the blue and white IR pills would have me fucked, at the start.... *insert long winding tale of pointless addiction*

It makes me very high a lot like cocaine but milder

^Right on. I've heard a lot of people say similar things in regards to Ritalin. I've just never been able to acheive any effects one way or the other.

Do you beak the beads nicely?

I haven't even seen Ritalin in over ten years. I know that nowadays there are all sorts of generics and ER versions of the drug, in addition to the strictly Dextro-methylphenidate version, Focalin. The last time I did that stuff was in high school; I don't think there were even generics yet. They were the old 20mg 'CIBA 16' tablets that crushed right into powder. To be honest, I didn't even know they were formulated into capsules, but considering the fact there are different generic ER versions available, that makes sense. I'd guess that Concerta is most likely a capsule.

If the opportunity presented itself, I would take some, but I certainly would never pay money for it, or go out of my way to obtain it. I just don't remember it producing any effects for me, but maybe I just needed a higher dose or something.

Mixing Trazadone & Ambien with Ritalin is really quite silly, in my opinion, & I see absolutely no upside to that. Then again, I have heard of people doing things like this to help them stay awake when they're trying to "trip out" on Ambien or whatever. I mean, you definitely should be able to take those pills at those dosages together & be perfectly fine health-wise & all. 25mg of Trazadone is like nothing; 50mg is the "starter dose" for Trazadone [aka, the lowest dose prescribed], & I was actually started on 100mg of Trazadone back when I was prescribed it. Unless you want to be awake to "trip out" on Ambien or whatever, skip the Trazadone [not that 25mg would really do anything anyway], & just do the Ritalin & Ambien. If you're not trying to "trip out" on Ambien, there's no reason to mix it with the Ritalin, & the two meds kind of contradict eachother... I mean, one's a stimulant, the other's a sleeping pill.
Oh, & the effects of Ritalin after you snort it should last for a couple hours or so.

Hey I've read the posts in this thread but I'm a little confused about a couple of things. If anybody can clear up the following questions for me (preferably soon!) I'd greatly appreciate it.

My questions refer to the Ritalin LA (time release) capsules only.

Does snorting Ritalin LA diminish the slow time release effect (as opposed to taking it orally) ? I snorted 35 mg of Ritalin LA at about 5 PM. I ask this because I don't want this drug to keep me stimulated for hours on end because I want to sleep tonight.

A couple of days ago I snorted 40 mg of Ritalin LA, followed by another 30mg a few hours later. A few hours after that I was experiencing extreme fatigue and all I wanted to do was sleep. But I didn't sleep.. in fact.. a few hours after that I was wide awake and was up all night! I even took some Advil PM and still was just tossing and turning all night and not sleeping at all.

I've heard that Ritalin can make you really sleepy yet jittery at the same time (not sure if that was the LA capsules) Seemed like that's what happened to me the other night. That's basically what I'm trying to ask here.. will snorting the Ritalin LA make you seem tired and keep you awake at the same time? Does the "LA" do that to you? i've heard different things.. I've heard that the slow time release doesn't occur when snorted.. But that seemed to be untrue the other night! SO yeah I did 35 mg and I regret that and I probably won't ever do it again. It's not that great. I just want to sleep tonight. I have to be somewhere at 8 AM and if i have another restless night I will feel so shitty. So I'm praying the effects of snorting 35mg of Ritalin LA will completely wear off I want to come down and sleep hard.. not just "seem" fatigued, and be an insomniac. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated thanks for reading

Hey I've read the posts in this thread but I'm a little confused about a couple of things. If anybody can clear up the following questions for me (preferably soon!) I'd greatly appreciate it.

My questions refer to the Ritalin LA (time release) capsules only.

Does snorting Ritalin LA diminish the slow time release effect (as opposed to taking it orally) ? I snorted 35 mg of Ritalin LA at about 5 PM. I ask this because I don't want this drug to keep me stimulated for hours on end because I want to sleep tonight.

A couple of days ago I snorted 40 mg of Ritalin LA, followed by another 30mg a few hours later. A few hours after that I was experiencing extreme fatigue and all I wanted to do was sleep. But I didn't sleep.. in fact.. a few hours after that I was wide awake and was up all night! I even took some Advil PM and still was just tossing and turning all night and not sleeping at all.

I've heard that Ritalin can make you really sleepy yet jittery at the same time (not sure if that was the LA capsules) Seemed like that's what happened to me the other night. That's basically what I'm trying to ask here.. will snorting the Ritalin LA make you seem tired and keep you awake at the same time? Does the "LA" do that to you? i've heard different things.. I've heard that the slow time release doesn't occur when snorted.. But that seemed to be untrue the other night! SO yeah I did 35 mg and I regret that and I probably won't ever do it again. It's not that great. I just want to sleep tonight. I have to be somewhere at 8 AM and if i have another restless night I will feel so shitty. So I'm praying the effects of snorting 35mg of Ritalin LA will completely wear off I want to come down and sleep hard.. not just "seem" fatigued, and be an insomniac. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated thanks for reading

You need to get the 10mg Pills of Ritalin that kinda look like a Roxicodone but has a 10 on it instead of 30, and crushes up just like one also, they work great for snorting.