• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Indica vs. Sativa

Just noticed that there was an old thread with this same topic so I merged them.

$@✞ℓ▼ⓐ > indica ... always, i like getting ideas when i smoke + some productivity

The Difference Between Sativa and Indica

I recently read that most Indica and Saiva strains have similar amounts of THC/CBD. Obviously they have different effects so why are they so different?

Perhaps it is the essential oils (terpins) which make the difference I think cannabis has a wide range of essential oils which are psychoactive, aroma hops a related plant also produce many essential oils.

I personally don’t' like Indica varieties as they make me paranoid and inept I also found recently that smoking tobacco with cannabis makes me paranoid, I find the pure cannabis buzz much more friendly.

Nobody gives ruderalis any love

Okay here's my shot at explaining it.

India is heavier on cb1 receptors. These receptors influence more physical characteristics of your body. Such as pain reduction and what they refer to as the knockout receptor. This gives you the sleepy couch lock stone slowing your movements. Your less likley to have anxiety issues with indica

Sativa is heavier on cb2 receptors which deal more directly with your mental capacity the whole "dude wheres my car" syndrome. Gives you that giggly uppity let's go do stuff high. Because of the more direct relationship to your mind anxiety has a higher potential

Now why can't most people tell any different? In today's public street market your much less likley to find a pure strain of either. Most are hybrids. In fact I doubt many people are able to even name an official strain off the top of their head.

That said if your looking for a pure sativa strain look up Super Lemon Haze. It was a canibus cup winner a few years back

Alternatively king kush is a pure indica strain

However any growers dream is either as a fem hermie.

Last edited:
India is heavier on cb1 receptors Sativa is heavier on cb2 receptors

If THC is the main compound found in both Indica and Sativa plants why would they bind to different receptors? I thought THC bound to both receptors. I read the levels of CBD are low in most modern Indica and Sativa strains.

I think the essential oil content (many of which are psychoactive) of different strains varies considerably giving different smells tastes and highs.

Most street weed is mostly Indica in my area because it grows shorter, yields well and takes less time to flower. Most people are used to that heavy stone so when you give them pure Sativa they think it’s not getting them stoned or don’t enjoy the increased heart rate. I find that hybrid strains unless from a clone usually have many different phenotypes. I like pure haze but it is hard to come by.

This came up in another thread and I figured it was a question worth asking. Does anyone know the neurochemistry behind what makes an indica strain of marijuana more of a body stone while a sativa strain gives more of a mental high?

I think all kinds of marijuana was basically 'cool' to me, especially my current position for up to 5 years. where I can feel the calmness, so time is not going to taste as usual.

Pure Sativas are to strong for myself as I get older I look for the indica for the many properties it has in comparison.

I love my Sativas to get me going and also to help me eat and they help me with my morning exercises and walks and light jogs I've been doing recently. And as for the indicas they are great for nausea for me personally.

Weed is weed. In my experience. Sometimes I feel like I can tell a minor difference but generally... weed is weed.