• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Zanaflex...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dArKsKaTa

Greenlighter
I'm perscribed 4MG tizanidine for muscle spasms. They actually do help more than the others that my Dr. perscribed. Not to mention when I mix them with my daily dose of Xanax things get a little interesting. :)

Anyhow, would snorting this tiny white pill cause any harm? I mean I can't smoke because of a piss test for a job coming up, and I don't like getting fucked on benzos all the time. I'm so god damn bored I just need something to do.

Why do you consider it non-recreational? I enjoy the feeling that I get from them, I'm not some idiot that is just up to snort anything, but I'm wondering if there is any value is snorting them or just stick to oral admin.

And please I hate topics that get skewed by useless posts, so I'd just like to ask nicely if you don't have anything to say to help, please don't comment. Not to come across as a dick, but threads get way off topic all the time.

It's apparently only slightly soluble in water.. So I'm not sure it would be worth it. I don't have a clue on it's nasal bioavailability, infact it's bioavailability of any ROA...

Nah, don't reckon it'll be worth it at all. Crushing them would be your best bet to achieve a slightly increased effect.

I don't understand why people can't get it through their heads that snorting fillers and binders are terrible for your nose and throat. Anywhere you look online will tell you this. People continue to ask all the time like as if the answer is just gonna magically fuckin change.

Dude just eat the Zanaflex. Pills were made to be taken.

As far as it being recreational or not, to me its effects are very similar to that of cyclobenzaprine. I have been prescribed Zanaflex befroe and it was OK.
Definitely nice used in conjunction with opiates. By itself it kinda just made me tired. I would consider it only slightly recreational.

I just read that it was also very closely related to Clonidine.....
Interesting.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for your comment.

I know binders and fillers are bad for my nose, but I'm not too worried about it because I RARELY snort anything. Mostly just coke when it comes around. I'll just eat them with 1 mg of xanax, fuck it.

dArKsKaTa said:
Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for your comment.

I know binders and fillers are bad for my nose, but I'm not too worried about it because I RARELY snort anything. Mostly just coke when it comes around. I'll just eat them with 1 mg of xanax, fuck it.

I mean seriously dude that is your best bet...
If it was something that gave a better high, like an opiate or some speed or something of that nature I could I understand why you may think it would be worth it but, it might burn like hell or fuck up your sinuses for the whole night... things of that nature and you don't wanna take the chance of going through anything like that for a lame Zanaflex buzz do you?

This drug isn't considered recreational because it doesn't work on a receptor that's known to "get you high" such as your mu opioid receptors, various GABA receptors, dopamine, etc.. Instead it works as an "α-2 adrenergic agonist."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tizanidine

Who knows exactly HOW bad snorting this shit is for you, but it doesn't seem to be worth the risk. Just take it orally. I have no doubt that this stuff potentiates xanax, but then again, it changes the nature of the high. As to whether or not it's recreational, it's subjective. The only muscle relaxer I know of that has any sort of recreational value is soma because it works partially on your GABA receptors (just like many other recreational drugs do).

Also, here's some random information you might want to know about this stuff:
Tizanidine use occasionally causes drug induced liver injury. In controlled clinical studies, approximately 5% of patients treated with Zanaflex had elevations of liver function tests (ALT, AST) to greater than 3 times the upper limit of normal (or 2 times if baseline levels were elevated). Zanaflex use has been associated with hallucinations. Formed, visual hallucinations or delusions have been reported in 5 of 170 patients (3%) in two North American controlled clinical studies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tizanidine

Personally I'd rather take soma..

Yeah, i know about to liver injury crap. Trust me, if my doc would prescribe me soma, I'd gladly accept it. I can get them, but I just don't feel like spending money on them when my insurance pays for the zanaflex. I've bought Somas off the street, but I honestly don't think that they helped my back as well as the Z-flex. I can see how somas are more recreational, but that doesn't mean that some people don't like the relaxation that the zanaflex gives.

dArKsKaTa said:
I'm perscribed 4MG tizanidine for muscle spasms. They actually do help more than the others that my Dr. perscribed. Not to mention when I mix them with my daily dose of Xanax things get a little interesting. :)

Anyhow, would snorting this tiny white pill cause any harm? I mean I can't smoke because of a piss test for a job coming up, and I don't like getting fucked on benzos all the time. I'm so god damn bored I just need something to do.

DUde I get prescribed the 2mg Zanaflexs, and im telling you this now, if it not too late, DO NOT SNORT ZANAFLEX. It wont get you high or make u feel good, it will just either clog ur nostrals up or burn like hell, and you wont get any "effects" from it either. Zanaflex has no recreation value.

Zanaflex never really got me buzzed in fact it gave me a an usual feeling a few times... let me just say, it wasn't pleasant......

Alright, i railed some zanaflex the other night and it was kinda worth it, like i mixed 10mg of hydrocodone with snorting 8mg of it, and it did work. The problem is that it makes you hella tired, i fell asleep like an hour after i took it. Today i torpedoed some mixed with hydrocodone and you are actually able to enjoy them without fallin asleep so soon, in my opinion, torpedo them rather than snort them. It potentiates any CNS depressants, so basically for it to work well take some PKs with it or drink a beer and you will feel the effects better

I dunno when i was prescribed it i never tried to snort it but if you got some muscle spasms or muscle stiffness this shit is as good as valium for me. It usually took a big dose to catch any sort of high from it though like 8+ mg usually.

Benguinny said:
Alright, i railed some zanaflex the other night and it was kinda worth it, like i mixed 10mg of hydrocodone with snorting 8mg of it, and it did work. The problem is that it makes you hella tired, i fell asleep like an hour after i took it. Today i torpedoed some mixed with hydrocodone and you are actually able to enjoy them without fallin asleep so soon, in my opinion, torpedo them rather than snort them. It potentiates any CNS depressants, so basically for it to work well take some PKs with it or drink a beer and you will feel the effects better

Wait, you snort your hydrocodone? That's mixed with APAP?

Where i live tizanidine is available under the brand name SIRDALUD. Snorting it makes it about 3 times stronger than it would be when consumed orally.

I've got a few friends on Subutex/Buprenorphine maintenance and they like to shoot bupe/tizanidine (and sometimes +midazolam) cocktails.

On it's own tizanidine has barely any recreational value but when added to buprenorphine with or without benzos you can still achieve a nod-like state even if you're really tolerant to bupe.

If you wanna get knocked out...go ahead and snort them. From my experience, they dont burn any worse than a benzo. It has nice drunken feeling for the frist 20 minutes and then i just fall asleep. If you have true muscle pain/tension, these are great because unlike other muscle relaxers You can snort them for quick relief and they dont burn at all

Wait, you snort your hydrocodone? That's mixed with APAP?

You'd be surprised. People around my way sometimes prefer apap, as in buying 4 perk 10s instead of an OC 40. They say it gives them a better buzz. I'll snort it because it doesnt burn and Im a slight addict but it amazed me when i heard people say they prefer it.

^ The APAP combo oxycodone meds don't burn? As opposed to an OC40? Weird.

There isn't enough oxycodone around my parts in Oz to find out for myself unfortunately. And it amazes me too that people would prefer it; all that extra powder can't be great for the bioavailability.

It kind of chokes you up when it hits the back of your throat, but no it doesnt really burn. Nowhere near as smooth as say a roxi though. I think for some people its just about having more powder to put up your nose. I dunno, for me its the exact opposite...i fucking hate having to do 10 lines just to get 10 mgs of oxy

^ I think you got it right there... it's like a placebo effect or something, the more powder there is the more hardcore it is. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.