⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

^ there's nothing wrong with your account. in which thread are you trying to post?

alasdair

Why can't i post anything guys .. ive been around this website as a guest for years and now i registered as a member but i can't do anything .. any help please ?!!

I'm trying to post my first post on the 'Drug Studies' forum. Everytime I compose a new post, I type in all the info & details and the survey link. When I click 'preview post' or even 'submit post' It chops off half of the post including the link to the survey...? It's happened a few times now, I've logged in and out, I have tried a different browser. HELP?!?

Hello, I already wrote a PM to Alasdair (is he responsible?)
But maybe someone can help. I can't post or reply in the sex , love&relationship forum anymore. And I can't update my profile.

Why that? Thank you

^ because of an influx of trolling, slr is now a bluelighter-only forum. you'll be able to post in there when you bcome a bluelighter (50 posts).

what happens when you try to update your profile?

alasdair

Last edited:
^ you can post fine (otherwise how would you post to tell us you can't post) :)

what makes you think you can't post?

alasdair

^ because of an influx of trolling, slr is now a bluelighter-only forum. you'll be able to post in there when you bcome a bluelighjter (50 posts).

what happens when you try to update your profile?

alasdair
Well, I click on everything regarding my profile, for example sex or location, it doesn't matter. There is simply no reaction as if I wouldn't have clicked on nothing. That is my problem.

Hello i am new to bluelight and can not get to where i can just post a question and get some input. Please just direct me to correct spot for entries. I have received email and verification has been completed. Thank you for any help

There is simply no reaction as if I wouldn't have clicked on nothing.
if clicking has no effect, that sounds like a browser issue not a bl issue. try another browser - does the problem persist?

Hello i am new to bluelight and can not get to where i can just post a question and get some input. Please just direct me to correct spot for entries. I have received email and verification has been completed. Thank you for any help
welcome to bluelight.

you can create a new thread on bluelight by clicking the 'NEW THREAD' button (this button:
newthread.gif
)

you can respond to an existing thread by clicking the 'POST REPLY' button (this button:
reply.gif
)

note that the sex, love and relationships forum is only available to bluelighters (members with 50 posts) so bear that in mind.

alasdair

NOTE: I did do the instructions including go back through the link on the 2nd email, however it repeatedly sends me back to the page saying I can only go to the support page. And to go to a link to try again. Why? It worked, I have everything and went to the browser that works. Thank you
Sam (moonlight)

i cant post on any of the chats because it says the bb code is activated, how do i get rid of that and post theads?

Is SLR going to be restricted like this permanently?

Hopefully not as that forum is quite helpful and would tend to be needed more by people who are newer and have the luxury of perceived anonymity to talk openly.

TrOne or two trolls will always be around, remember Hitman? That troll did not make SLR change.

Is SLR going to be restricted like this permanently?

Hopefully not as that forum is quite helpful and would tend to be needed more by people who are newer and have the luxury of perceived anonymity to talk openly.

TrOne or two trolls will always be around, remember Hitman? That troll did not make SLR change.

I'd imagine it will be restricted indefinitely, especially given this is the first time anybody ever really raised it as an issue; unless the SLR mods would actually like to restore the old way of doing things, or somebody comes up with a better one.

The problem with SLR was that it wasn't one or two trolls, it was genuinely the majority of the posts at points and it was becoming hard to assume that any given post was actually genuine. BL started ranking pretty highly on sex related google searches, and was attracting a lot of people who seemed to be getting off on their own stories, making things in there like a shoddy lite-erotica. There were numerous people who seemed to repeatedly sign up multiple accounts (verified by content/IP) just to tell different variations of the same stories that they spammed all around the internet for people to fap to. There was also a lot search engine optimisation spam which was completely automated and persistent. Here is a completely random screengrab from page 9 of SLR. Over half the posts are deleted:

5b8caJb.png

Six of those threads are by the exact same person regarding Asian dating, and they'd been posting here for months before being figured out.

If noobs can't post SLR questions I think that's fair play really, in order to ensure quality of content & actual genuine posts. The simple fact of the matter is that SLR was riddled with masturbation trolls, and now it isn't. If we let noobs post again, they come back, guaranteed.

Hi guys I've been trying to create a post in other drugs but it keeps asking me to select a prefix but there is no where in the great a post page that allows me too

Are you trying to create a NEW THREAD, or reply to an existing one? Replies don't have that option, and shouldn't be prompting you for a prefix.
Only new threads have prefixes.

If, from the OD forum page you click top left for NEW THREAD, it opens a page where you should have a pulldown selection for prefixes like this.

CH17bhr.jpg

Anyone know why every time I type a n apostrophe I get a question mak once the post is live? for example (i?d haven?t wasn?t)

Tried searching the forum.