⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

I'm new to bluelight as well and it has been 3+ days since registering and I have not recieved an activation email...could someone please help me?

jeez-o admins, can we not play nice with this ISP and pretend we are that aussie police ANTI-drugs site? ;)

Why havent I got my activation Email??

I have never recieved my activation email neither in my inbox or spam folder. I know I typed my email address right, unless you are seeing it wrong. Could someone please help me out. The "L" in my email address looks like a "1" BECAUSE its lower case. maybe thats the problem?? Thanks for the help.

^^^merged

1. Welcome to the site

2. It's poor form (on any site) to start another thread when one already exists on your topic. It's even worse when you've responded to the existing one, showing you already knew where to take your question.

3. IJ pointed out that for some email servers "It will be in your spam (or trash?) folder" - what he did not specify is that the known email provider is in fact Yahoo - anyone else should be aware of this going forward.

4. Your email addy does indeed show the lower case "L", not a "1" (one), so that should not be the problem. Activation resent.

Let us know and we'll be happy to help. Please keep in mind that this is a volunteer site, so nobody is on hand 24-7 to handle these kinds of things, so sometimes it takes a day or more. In fact, this specific function of resending activation can only be done by one of the six admin, so there is an even smaller pool of people able to help you.....except that you can help yourself:

Last edited:
I still cant post attachments . i get a balloon saying 'permission denied' ??
is this a sanction of some kind ? i would like to know.

many thanx

^ in which forum or forums are you trying to post attachments?

alasdair

yes, I can actually only participate in the Support forum? Is there a reason for that?

^ Try reading the Support FAQ or use the Advanced search function.

Then if you have no luck, then maybe start a thread.

How do I ask a question/start a thread?

You worked out how to ask a question so you're half way there. ;)

If you want to start a thread then all you have to do is click on the
newthread.gif
button and follow the bouncing ball from there. It's always a good idea to put a descriptive thread title to ensure your question is noticed by those who can answer. A good example is shown below;

BAD: 'Shooting Meth'
GOOD: ' What's the safest way to shoot meth to ensure I don't get cotton fever?'

Hope this helps. :)

^^^ Very nicely answered young lady. (Thinks to self........hmmm, Im prolly gunna be told lil is a dude now)

Cookie Probs

I read the FAQ, my prob doesnt coincide with whats mentioned.

I stay logged in for a few minutes, as long as I keep clicking links I stay logged in.

When I decide to write a trip report, I write it all out and submit it and it demands i login again, it takes no more than 10 minutes for my cookie to expire. My clock is fine.

I know now to put my credentials in and it'll finish the post, but I thought it was lost at that point and hit the back button and lose it all.

Now whenever I'm writing something, I have to copy it to my clipboard so I don't have to retype it before I hit submit.

Seems like my cookies expire too fast and I haven't seen an option to change that.

What to do. Ctrl+C Ctrl+V funkee 88africa login.

Merged.

First, are you checking the little box next to the login that says 'remember me'? As that usually addresses the problem of which you speak.

Secondly, for general knowledge, the system is set to expire your session in 900 seconds (15 minutes) of inactivity ... provided you didn't check the 'remember me'.... so longer posts such as trip reports (or my usual fare) will log you out before you finish it and hit submit. Just an FYI.