⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

^ Have you tried the following as listed in The Greenlighter's Guide to Bluelight? If not, it might make your life on the forums much easier.

How to Make Comments, Suggestions and Complaints

Why was my post closed or moved? I don't understand what I did wrong.

There was almost certainly a good reason for this to happen, even if you aren't aware of it. But sometimes moderators might make mistakes, too. Often things aren't cut and dried, and a decision could easily go either way. If you think we've made a wrong decision, here's what to do:

• The post will state which moderator closed it. Send them a PM to ask why it was closed.
  • Be polite. There is no need to be overly angry or belligerent – this will only make things worse.
  • Clearly indicate your question or problem. If you just want an explanation, ask for one. If you disagree with their stated reason for their actions, say why you disagree. Don’t leave them guessing.
  • Include a link to the thread in question. This makes it easier for them to know what you are talking about, rather than having to dig.
  • Be patient. Moderators have lives, too.
  • Please remember that it is not uncommon for a poster's polite inquiry or request for clarifcation to result in a thread being re-opened or a decision reversed.
What if I do not receive a response from the moderators?

Please wait at least 24 hours. If you do not receive a response, contact another forum mod, or the forum senior mod. Explain the original situation and state how much time has passed.

What if my problem is with the moderators? Who do I contact?

Please make a reasonable attempt to resolve the issue with the moderator(s) in question privately. If that fails, contact the forum senior mod or administrator and explain the situation. When you do so, remember the following:

• Once again, be polite and patient.
  • Include any communication you have had with the moderator(s) in question.
  • Clearly indicate the problem and include links to illustrate what you are talking about.
If, at any point, you feel unsatisfied with this process or you would simply prefer to air your issue in public, you should start a thread in the Support forum and we'll address the issue there. As with participation in any forum, please ensure your post is civil. If you have received a ban and wish to discuss or make a case for having it overturned, under no circumstances should you create an alt account to communicate with the staff. In that case, send an email to [email protected]. Alternately, post a message in the Anonymous Posting forum and request that it be moved to Support. Again, you are urged to be civil in your communication.

Bluelight gives a lot of power to the moderators to manage the day-to-day operation of the forums. Making a difficult judgment call or committing a simple human error does not mean a moderator was derelict in their duty. Please note that the complaints procedure stops with the site ownership. If you are still unsatisfied, just laugh and remind yourself that Bluelight is only a message board.

Mine's diffrent. I'm getting mods not approving of my content. WTF? I'm curious if y'all can read? I've been accused of getn close to sourcing, with what was an obvvious joke, & another one i've had to put up a few times, bcos it keeps disappearing, or being regarded as a 'blog' and getting closed - & is JUST ABOUT SUPPOSITORY BUPE... AGAIN... WTF?? get a life!!
I thought this was a forum - not ole heads telling me what the fuck to do.
Kick me off, as if i give a fuck
Pissed off PtP

Mods should not be removing your posts without telling you about it, so you should know if they were removed or not.

If you make a post in a forum and it gets removed without you being told about it then PM the mods from that particular forum and ask them about it.

I also want to add that you should familiarize yourself with the quote and multi-quote functions when you make replies in threads. I say this because I just read through some of your posts in the 'methadone, buprenorphine and other pharmacotherapies...' thread and I had no idea what was going on since you made a string of posts replying to all different posts but since they weren't quoted I had no idea what exactly you were referring to in them.

Last edited:
I am not receiving the activation email. Ive checked all folders and searched for it. Are there any other options?

^ Your account now appears to be fully activated. Let us know if you have any further trouble posting.

Am not able to post a thread because it tells me to choose a thread prefix? I have checked the BL user guide and the FAQ. I can't find anything.

Last edited:
I believe you have to be in the full site view and not mobile view in order to properly select a thread prefix. If you're using a mobile device, information on switching to the full site view can be found here.

If this isn't the case, or still doesn't solve your issue, please post your thread here, with a second post as a note instructing staff of which section you would like it moved to, likely Other Drugs (our only forum which I believe requires the selection of a prefix).

I gave the wrong email address, an old one that I can't find anymore. I checked spam too and it's not there. How can I change my email address? Thank you for any help!

I gave the wrong email address, an old one that I can't find anymore. I checked spam too and it's not there. How can I change my email address? Thank you for any help!

Settings --> edit email & password

Question: and I have tried to search, advance search, read.. I'm havin'hard time reading through this whole thread for my questions answer though. :/
I PM'd someone...3+ days ago to see how they were as I hadn't seen them round these parts in a few weeks.
I recv'd a PM, from another, to just know more about each other. I tried to respond, (emptied my folders..tho that shouldn't effect sending a PM, I don't think...)
When I tried to "reply" to the PM, it says 'you can only sent 1PM every 180 minutes'..... ?
But I haven't sent a PM within 180 minutes let alone today. Am I missing something? And is that answer somewhere&I did not search properly to find said "answer". I hate to ask...if the answer is already there. I would have clear understanding if I'd sent a PM in last "180 minutes"...but that is not the case. Confused.

Oops...figured out. Apparently, I sent the PM I got- back to sender. Thus, was considered a PM- sent- that I didn't realize was sent, back, by me. Basically- all is figured out&well. :)

I'm trying to post, but it says I need to choose a thread prefix, someone please tell me how to do this, I'm a medical student searching for info on old secobarbital/dextroamphetamine capsule, thank you.

^ I ran into this at first too- there should be a little drop down menu in area above title of your post- you just need to drop down that menu & choose the hat suits your topic. If there is not a drop down menu at all, it may be b/c you need to switch to full site menu/mobile menu..( I think it's full site version). On page 31 on this thread, post #759 will guide you as well. If still having a problem, come on back here- maybe I missed something! ;)
~Emme80~

Having trouble getting anywhere to old to work internet sorry admin. Trying to get knowledge out about the synthetic weed i smoked it for 2 years quit 1 yr ago, since then i get 2 hrs sleep 4am to 6am im heavly sedated on codine seroquel and doxyialine succurate each night. Synthetic weed is scary guys

Having trouble getting anywhere to old to work internet sorry admin. Trying to get knowledge out about the synthetic weed i smoked it for 2 years quit 1 yr ago, since then i get 2 hrs sleep 4am to 6am im heavly sedated on codine seroquel and doxyialine succurate each night. Synthetic weed is scary guys

The cannabis discussion forum should have threads on synthetics.

Edit: Here ya go.

I'm having problems posting in most forums, like the lounge. The notification to read the guidelines won't disappear and I've read the thread three times. I double checked and my account is activated completely.

I'm having problems posting in most forums,like the lounge. The notification to read the guidelines won't disappear and I've read the thread three times. I double checked and my account is activated completely.

that's the reason.

you will be able to post in the lounge once you reach Bluelighter status by having 50 posts.

I have used the activation code, from bluelight, but it still is not allowing activation. I did have a e mail change.

we can only send password activation emails to the email address on file. if you're unable to get activated, send an email to [email protected] from the email address you use to create the account and we'll activate you.

alasdair