⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

I don't wanna start a new thread so...

I *can* post but lately BL has been so slooooooooow that I almost can't post. What gives? Anyone else noticed or is it something at my end?

Dang it I forgot to put the period in my email address when I signed up and now I can't validate my account?!? :( but I wanted THIS username :\

When you're logged in, go to setting at the top right, edit email and password on the left sidebar. Fill out the form including your current password, and then an activation email will be sent to the new address you enter.

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I don't know if anyone else is having technical difficulties with the text while typing or editing a comment.

But every time I bold something then continue to type, it works fine until I hit backspace, then the cursor automatically brings me to the bold text and starts deleting those letters instead of the ones at the end of the sentence I intended on deleting... This happens with Itallics too. It's reallllllly annoying!! >< but if there is nothign anyone can do about that, it's ok. It might just be my laptop being a dink.

Also often when I edit a post, then save/repost it, all of what I had edited just disappears, and my post appears unedited until I fix it again. Even if I refresh the page.
Sometimes I have to do this twice. Not sure if the mods have any way of fixing this, or are aware of it at all..

Like I said, it might just be me.....

~Ms.P

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I don't know if anyone else is having technical difficulties with the text while typing or editing a comment.

But every time I bold something then continue to type, it works fine until I hit backspace, then the cursor automatically brings me to the bold text and starts deleting those letters instead of the ones at the end of the sentence I intended on deleting... This happens with Itallics too. It's reallllllly annoying!! >< but if there is nothign anyone can do about that, it's ok. It might just be my laptop being a dink.

Also often when I edit a post, then save/repost it, all of what I had edited just disappears, and my post appears unedited until I fix it again. Even if I refresh the page.
Sometimes I have to do this twice. Not sure if the mods have any way of fixing this, or are aware of it at all..

Like I said, it might just be me.....

~Ms.P

For the bold / italics issue have you tried entering the code manually? For bold it would look like [b]enter bold text here[/b] and for italics it would be the same but with the letter 'I' in place of the 'b' within the same type of code.

you can do a search (www.bluelight.org/vb/search.php?search_type=1) for "adderall" or you can post in the public forums to ask a question.

you can post a comment by starting a thread (click the "new thread" button at the top of the forum page) or by replying to an existing thread (click "post reply" or "reply" in the thread).

regards and welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

When trying to post, I'm occasionally getting a message regarding a 'security token' and I'm unable to post and have to try again.

Where can I procure a token? Is it like a MetroPass? A Golden Ticket? ;)

But, yeah, what's going on?

does it look like this:

Site: bluelight.org
Transaction: UzW-z1URUoUAAF9wIekAAAAJ
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:30:39 +0100
?

if so, report it here: Report security warnings here

if not, what is it (exactly)?

alasdair

Nope, and now I can't remember what it says exactly. It's been a minute. But it will say something along the lines of 'the security token has expired' and to 'contact an administrator'. I log in to send a PM, write PM, then attempt to hit send and that pops up.

next time it happens can you take a screenshot or make an note of the exact text.

alasdair

I'm extremely confused, I want to start a new thread but I have NO idea to do it and I'd like to do i quickly thanks...

Nope, and now I can't remember what it says exactly. It's been a minute. But it will say something along the lines of 'the security token has expired' and to 'contact an administrator'. I log in to send a PM, write PM, then attempt to hit send and that pops up.

I've had it happen to me before too, but I actually just got my laptop going again after a few months of strictly using mobile so don't remember how/when it happens but will be sure to post it here if it happens again.

I'm extremely confused, I want to start a new thread but I have NO idea to do it and I'd like to do i quickly thanks...

Go to the forum you want to post in and click on the 'New Thread' icon on the top left of the page. It's just above the threads, and if you see the threads pages numbered to the right it's all the way to the left of that.

NSFW:
r6zqfl.jpg

I showed where it is by circling it in red. I also wanted to mention that if you don't know what forum the thread belongs in then post it in the Homeless Forum and a mod from there will move it accordingly.

Last edited:
I have the right email And iv had you email me the code 3 or 4 times and never got it

WTF still haven't gotten the email

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot activate my new account there is nothing in my email,nothing in my spam an nothing in my trash,i can't get help by doing a form because I am not activated..what do I do,also I am finding an hidge amount of false pop-ups,an my computer is acting strange,is this a secure site?it is not.is it?some feedback an help would be appreciated its been going on 2 weeks now,thank you kodeek

Ross CD & kodeek: I've manually activated both of your accounts. Apologies you had such trouble receiving the needed activation email. In regard to the pop-ups, that's an external issue and not related to bluelight, thus about the best advice we can offer is to scan for malware and viruses.

Welcome to the forums.

Mine's diffrent. I'm getting mods not approving of my content. WTF? I'm curious if y'all can read? I've been accused of getn close to sourcing, with what was an obvvious joke, & another one i've had to put up a few times, bcos it keeps disappearing, or being regarded as a 'blog' and getting closed - & is JUST ABOUT SUPPOSITORY BUPE... AGAIN... WTF?? get a life!!
I thought this was a forum - not ole heads telling me what the fuck to do.
Kick me off, as if i give a fuck
Pissed off PtP