⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

is my account disabled or something?

when trying to access certain threads or reply to certain threads, i get this:

feelgoodhit, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

as far as i know, i've done nothing wrong...

mods, please pm me?

Which threads?

It's possible that you've clicked on a now-deleted/unapproved thread. Also, 'hidden' moderator thread titles sometimes display on the main page.

1. bluelighters shouldn't be able to see deleted threads, let alone reply to them. please let us know where you are seeing them, and which ones?

2. the acidtrip.com thread in drug culture has been closed, and should give you this error message if you try to reply:

Bluelight Message
Sorry! This thread is closed!

SORRY THIS IS OFF TOPIC
but i can not start new threads
i can not edit my threads
and i cant delete them so people are getting mad at me so explained and they told me to ask in here yet i cant start a new post. COULD A MOD PLEASE HELP ME!!?
thanks!

i've split your post off so that it doesn't get lost in the noise. i'll take a look at your account now.

alasdair

your forum permissions look fine.

you are able to reply to threads created by others - can you describe exactly what happens when you try to start a new thread?

alasdair

Also, tell us which forum this is occurring in, please - some have restricted posting (such that members can't start new threads, MWEvents comes to mind...)

^ more information please? which forum(s)? any error messages?

alasdair

ofukibenhearB4, Unsatisfiable

guys, with the best will in the world it's near impossible to solve the problem if all we have is "i can't start a thread".

can you describe exactly what happens when you try to start a new thread? can you see this:
newthread.gif
?

do you get an error message? if so, what is the exact text of the error message. with even a little more information from you guys, we can investigate this but without it, it's going to be very hard for us to help you. i have checked your forum permissions and those are fine.

help me to help you :)

rollharder, your account appears to awaiting email confirmation. could you check your email any way for the email from bluelight wiith your activation code/link. get back to us if you can't find it or you don't know what i'm talking about, ok?

alasdair

there is no email in my yahoo acount its <email address snipped> if you need it. and yes that new thread things there but it says i dont have permision

Last edited by a moderator:
^ probably not a great idea to post your email publicly (from a privacy point of view). i snipped it out for you. it's up to you ultimately, of course.

i just resent your codes to the email address on file. check your email and, if you can't find the email from bluelight check your junk/spam folder.

alasdair

And guys, please, tell us WHICH FORUM you're trying to post in. Some have moderated posting (like Legal Discussion) where your posts don't show up until a staff person approves them, and others (like MidWest Events) have members allowed to reply but not create new threads. Then there's always the situation where some Archives allow replies but not all, and none of them should allow new threads. Unless you're trying to start a new thread in an Archive, you're in a forum which should have a sticky thread or something indicating how that particular forum operates.

Actually TLB, they should be able to start threads in LD w/o moderating, but not post in threads that have already started until approved by a mod.

But you knew that already... ;)

Lil' help? (unable to reply to posts)

At least it lets me post here...

I'm a bit stuck, it's not letting me reply or post in the forum.

The little box in the bottom left says: