Artists/Tracks with the dirties bass lines?

Psychedelic Gleam

Bluelighter
Artists/Tracks with the dirtiest bass lines?

I love big ass earth shaking bass like:

Vibesquad, Skeetaz, Heyoka, Bil Bless, Lawgiverz

I want to know anyone elses favorite tracks/artists with the biggest bass.

Last edited:
Probably have to define genre here as well, otherwise I'm gonna have no idea what the fuck anyone's talking about. ;)

Drum and Bass (obviously, lol) has a couple of artists that really stand out. Teebee's older stuff for me. Guilty, Padawan & Liquid Light stand out. (Rumor is he spent an entire year on the bassline for Liquid Light). More recently I've really been digging Apex's basslines. Normally with the lifted stuff it's all about the kick but some of the stuff he's been releasing on other labels is nuts.

Anything by Noisia, Spor, Calyx & Teebee. They are mostly DnB. If you want just pure bass go for Dubstep. Artists like Caspa, Rusko, Boxcutter, Loefah and Skream will have the room shaking in no time ;)

'dirty' is an entirely, 100% subjective term that means something completely different to everyone I know.

that being said, the answer is plaza de funk.

^Subjective obviously. I don't care what genre, though I think on a whole breaks/dubstep/drum and bass has more attention paid to ripping basslines. Most of my groups in the original post are between dubstep and breaks

I have heard some full-on psytrance with the fastest most "alive" squirming and sliding basslines I've heard in a while, though not too "dirty"

First track that came too my head was Phat Planet by Leftfield. Bass lines dont get much bigger

I thought of benny benassi's older stuff when i seen this thread, dirty electro house :D

Have you heard of Bassnectar? Check out his album "Mesmerizing the Ultra"

Good songs...
-Blow
-The Sound
-Blue State Riddim
-Everybody

Mike45697 said:
Have you heard of Bassnectar? Check out his album "Mesmerizing the Ultra"

Good songs...
-Blow
-The Sound
-Blue State Riddim
-Everybody

bassnectar is fun... seen him too many times... frankly all the artists i listed in the original post do a somewhat similar style, though way better sound quality and tracks than he plays and WAY sicker bass, maybe not as "pop" as bassnectar but certainly preferred dance music in my mind. Bassnectar is in my mind a pop-dance dj, basically making some good genres of music accessible to people who don't listen to that much electronic music.

jpgrdnr said:
murder was the bass?

haha, that's a good one for sure.

seriously though, plaza de funk. check out drop the bomb.

Bassnectar's Everybody vs. Freq Nasty Remix is where it's at.
I can't get enough of that song.

yossarian_is_sane! said:
Hahaha that's almost cheating in this context! Dubstep pretty much is a bassline. Fkn <3 it.

Fuck yeah, it took me a while to into it but once I heard it on a club system I was won over. No home speaker can do it justice.

In saying that here's a few choice tunes that'll get you subs shakin'

Chase & status - Saxon
- Eastern Jam
Nosia - Head Knot

Rusko's React FM set 23 july 2008 is a fucking killer aswell.

If it's more Dnb I'd recommend anything by Spor or Noisia, Partiularly Spor's Stompx remix and Molehill. Nosia bust out hard with Block Control VIP and the Tide.

Man I could go on forever here, I live for the dirty fat basslines =D Hit me up on PM if you want any more tunes.

diddymal said:
In saying that here's a few choice tunes that'll get you subs shakin'

Chase & status - Saxon
- Eastern Jam
Nosia - Head Knot

Rusko's React FM set 23 july 2008 is a fucking killer aswell.

If it's more Dnb I'd recommend anything by Spor or Noisia, Partiularly Spor's Stompx remix and Molehill.

I'm going to cause some anger here, but I think Eastern Jam is fucking shithouse. IMHO everyone is jumping on it to enjoy the dubstep bandwagon without actually sitting back and listening to some proper dubstep. (i.e. Breakage...)

And i'm sick of Spor's kicks. I love the stompbox remix, dirge, levitate and supernova but after that its just same old same old.... (I should mention way of the samurai is one of my favourite ever tracks.)

*sigh*

awaits flaming...

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from, those are just some current/big tunes that I know have gotten quite a few of my friends into the scene. It reminds me of how all the producers in the dubstep scene seem to adore Skream's "midnight request Line", I reckon it's pretty average.

My personal favorite dub artist is Boxcutter, he doesn't have the heaviest style but the way they chop the samples to pieces, sounds fucking great.

Anyway

yes i love bse very much... great music but most CREATIVE b lines are from richard & tony from FP