• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tramadol overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
these are interesting and scary stories here, I want to add a piece of information though, it is NOT tramadol Overdose perse that causes the seizure, anyone can have a seizure from any amount of tramadol, I never have and use to take 20 a day everyday, but I know others that have on as little as 200 mg. the seizure is dependant upon the overstimulation of the norepinephrine and serotonin centers in the brain and is random from person to person, an actual tramadol "overdose" doesn't necessarily cause seizures but might. these are not actual lethal overdoses they are just doses that lowered the seizure threshold for you individually enough to cause a seizure. the actual "overdose" will compromise of shallow breathing and puking, and erratic heartbeat and most likely serotonin syndrome and may or may not include seizures. as always be careful with this nasty substance. I have been addicted to it for over a year and never had a seizure even at 1,000 mg per day. but I hope that my luck doesn't run out.
peace
B

My tramadol expirience

This is all I can say about tramadol, for some it can be perfectly safe if they happen to have a low seizure threshold, but for the unlucky ones like me, tramadol can be hell. So I had used tramadol quite a few times, with doses of around 200-300 mg. I loved the opiate like feeling and continued to get more from my friend (50 mg tabs). so within this two day period I had consumed a good amount of tramadol and decided to take a large dose on the third day. I took ten 50 mg pills (500 mg) and waited for effects, as they came on I took 4 more leading to a total dose of 700 mg. While sitting on my friends couch I had a horrible brain zap, my whole body jerked and I got really scared. I stood up and walked outside and as soon as I got to the road, no memory at all. My friend who supplied the tramadol said I seized for a good 3 minutes and stopped breathing for a few seconds (common with tramadol seizures), I also broke my nose and ruptured blood vessels in my eye from the faceplant on the concrete. I went to the hospital and got the "your a drug user were not giving you any pain meds for your broken nose" speech. I now get brain zaps with certain drugs, especially cathinone derivatives, and had another seizure from only two tramadol pills. All I can say is tramadol can be good, or your worst enemy so be careful, If you feel anything weird (body tingling (aura) or sudden jerking of your body (brain zap). These things could be signs of an oncoming seizure. Sorry for rambling but I want everyone to know the dangers of tramadol.

so far seizures are a myth to me when using tramadol. i love benzos and opiates particularly but this synthopiate ive taken 20x50mg pills at once (this was in the morning during an outpatient rehab) and i was just nodding the fuck out. during breaks go outside and blaze a cig or two and feel perfect. those were the days, yessir those were the days indeed.

so far seizures are a myth to me when using tramadol. i love benzos and opiates particularly but this synthopiate ive taken 20x50mg pills at once (this was in the morning during an outpatient rehab) and i was just nodding the fuck out. during breaks go outside and blaze a cig or two and feel perfect. those were the days, yessir those were the days indeed.

You are a very lucky person, If you continue to take that amount to often you are running the risk of having a seizure. Opiates are amazing drugs but this one is nothing to play around with

I personally only take a maximum of 300 mg at a time, so I think I'm outside of the seizure threshold as a 80kg male..

If you're going to take in excess of 500 mg, it's a good idea to let someone know and have a babysitter of sorts. The seizures themselves are not all that dangerous, the danger is if you're walking down some stairs or driving etc and lose control of your body.

High fiber/low protein ketogenic diets can also lend to a higher seizure threshold - possibly useful if you're a chronic tramadol user.

I've personally taken 3.25 grams of tramadol one time. I believe it almost killed me.

I've personally taken 3.25 grams of tramadol one time. I believe it almost killed me.

I imagine that wasn't even enjoyable.. keep in mind that tolerance does not lower the seizure threshold - it might be time to move on to another drug if you have to take anywhere near that much to feel the effects

why would you want to come close to od'ing on tramadol..

just the seizure risk alone sucks

but i wouldnt think it would be worth the benefits

My dog feels very sick before he will reach his limit. But he has never taken more than 200mg at one time or 450mg in one day.

Hi all

I'm a benzo and tramadol addict and have been for about 3 years my job has caused it as the tramadol was for the physical pain and the benzos to sleep as I work shifts.

It's taken over my life and I can't find a way out. I'm on anti-depressants from my doc as I'm so down

My daily dose Is about 1000mg tramadol and about 40 ish blues (diazepam) I no its crazy I really need help

Benzo Freak

Hi all

I'm a benzo and tramadol addict and have been for about 3 years my job has caused it as the tramadol was for the physical pain and the benzos to sleep as I work shifts.

It's taken over my life and I can't find a way out. I'm on anti-depressants from my doc as I'm so down

My daily dose Is about 1000mg tramadol and about 40 ish blues (diazepam) I no its crazy I really need help

Benzo Freak
I would go inpatient as soon as possible to get off that shit. Seriously, you're playing with your life.

I definitely remember feeling like something was "off" before I had my seizure from tramadol. I got a feeling of "hey haven't I been here before?" as I was sucked into a dreamlike state where me and my friends went and scored dope from our usual dealer. A very ordinary event for me at that point in time, it felt so real that when I woke up from the seizure, I actually thought I had just nodded off and that the dream that I had were real. I was ready to do the imaginary dope and I was really surprised when my friends started talking about calling an ambulance and explaining to me I had a seizure. It took a few minutes of recollecting my thoughts before I understood that we never went and bought any heroin and that I had just been convulsing on my friends bed for several minutes. My friends tell me it looked like I was possessed by the devil since I was making very loud noises at the same time I was convulsing.

Waking up from the seizure was weirder than any trip I've ever had. I was so sure that dream was real I thought my friends were fucking with me at first when I woke up.

Iv cut my tramadol dose down to the recommended 400mg and my diaze usage is about 250mg a a day which I feel is good going considering what I was taking. I just wish I'd never started the stupid pills in the first place

Benzo freak

I had an overdose and seizure on tramidol also called ultram and yes the more u take the higher risk u of having a seizure so not recommend and after a year of taking it I got a huge tolerance only take as prescribed

Status
Not open for further replies.