Shrimp

cRook'ed

I took CG's prawns.

mblack.jpg

=><=
mwhite.jpg

vanth said:
What is this "purged" you speak of?

The prawns aren't fed for a good 12 hours before harvest so there is essentially no poo in them :)

Its browny black though! Are their digestive bits just naturally that colour?

i don't really care that it's poo, i just don't like the grainy texture. does purging get rid of that?

The grainy texture is sand and there is a story that it will get spewed up when they are popped into fresah water...........but i dont believe it.

joannie_mhm said:
i don't really care that it's poo, i just don't like the grainy texture. does purging get rid of that?

Yep, sure does. What you've been eating is wild caught prawns :)

vanth said:
Its browny black though! Are their digestive bits just naturally that colour?

Nope, its pretty close to clear when there is no shit in there :)

NickyJ said:
The prawns aren't fed for a good 12 hours before harvest so there is essentially no poo in them :)

Arnt most prawns caught from the ocean? How would they know when its 12 hours before D-day!?!?! :(

Flinch said:
Arnt most prawns caught from the ocean? How would they know when its 12 hours before D-day!?!?! :(

Do you regularly get told by teachers to pay more attention in class?

^ We take prawns seriously over here bitch!

MazDan said:
The grainy texture is sand and there is a story that it will get spewed up when they are popped into fresah water...........but i dont believe it.

The story is true, however most people tend to over state what is regurgitated. Only the recently consumed matter is vomited when the live prawns are dumped into fresh water. What is already in the bowel (much of the so called 'vein') stays.

I guess its the same as humans when they vomit, you will only vomit whats in your stomach not whats in your large intestine etc... I perish the thought

^^^^^^^^ That gets my vote for most informative post of the day.

Congratulations.

There is a rather unpleasant disease that makes you vomit up your fecal matter.

AS fair as I was aware, Mick Dundee only said throw another shrimp on the barbie because american's didn't know what a prawn was

^I thought it was a gag about how huge everything is over here:

"That's not a shrimp" *flobbalobbalobbalop* (sound effect of more-adequately-sized crustacean being presented)