Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Tramadol & Hydrocodone - Very Experienced - Stimulant Trial #1

TheTwighlight

Bluelighter
Tramadol & Hydrocodone - Very Experienced - Stimulant Trial #1

Let me preface this report by giving a little background. I am experienced with all drugs, my favorites being cannabis, benzos, and opiates. I had been awake for 24 hours prior to this experience. I ingested 50mg hydrocodone 12 hours ago with no opiate tolerance; no longer feeling any effects. Just very fatigued. Figured that, since I didn't want to go to sleep in the middle of the day, I would have my first tramadol experiment as a stimulant, to calculate effectiveness. I already know it works, but this is a perfect setting for a report. I'm going to write this as I go.

2:58pm - 100mg down the hatch. Not sure if this will be enough for me, I'm considering dropping another 100mg. 200mg seems like it would be a better dose for a stimulation experiment, since I am appreciably tired.

3:05pm - Another 100mg down the hatch. Ok, up to 200mg. Very tired, need caffeine, but will abstain until I feel the effects of the tramadol begin to manifest.

3:19pm - First alerts. Buzzy head.

3:25pm - About to go chill with a buddy, will return to finish report. Can already tell I won't need a nap anymore.

3:33pm - Just acquired 20mg hydrocodone, but I will not take it yet. I guess this report will have some added "oomph". Starting to feel quite good. Not great yet, but it'll come. MY stomach is a bit upset at the moment, but I'm sure that it will pass.

3:49pm - Definitely feeling strong effects from the tramadol. Back and neck pain gone. No euphoria yet, but I'm starting to get that tram-energy.

3:56pm - Tried to eat a little bit of Rice Krispies. Appetite is suppressed to the point where food is nasty. Feeling pretty good, euphoria is becoming ever-present. Effects still increasing. Decided not to take any hydrocodone until I feel the full effects of the tramadol.

4:08pm - Feeling REALLY good right now. Stomach has settled down, it was upset for about 20 minutes. Starting to feel dehydrated (as per usual), drinking water. I would like some caffeine, but I feel like it would upset my stomach, and I don't think it would quench my thirst. Water seems to be my life force on tramadol. When I take tram regularly, I drink water like a damn camel, but I don't store any in my hump.

4:26pm - Feel awake, but still tired. I can tell I'm exhausted, but the tramadol is pushing me into zombie mode. I can still think just fine, I just feel kinda strange. I feel like I can't quite fill my lungs up with air, and my speech seems a little sloppy to me. But as I have noted in the past, on tramadol I will occasionally think that I am slurring my words or fucking up my sentence structure, but everyone always tells me I'm talking fine, and not slurring. Same goes for right now. Can't really think of anything to do right now, just feels good to have no pain and be high on tramadol again. I love this shit.

4:32pm - I have the urge to do something, anything, but I can't figure out what. Starting to feel kind of "noddy". Once again, note that I have been awake over 24 hours without the help of drugs. Slight pupil constriction.

4:46pm - Feels like the effects of the tramadol are at their peak right now. Seriously considering taking either 100mg more, or 10-20mg hydrocodone. We'll see. I feel pretty out of it right now, but still totally in control. Tramadol is unique to me in the way that it fucks me up, but lets me keep a clear mind, and does not impair my judgement.

4:58pm - 2 hours in. Feeling great, most of the rough side effects have dissipated. I just feel very spaced out, and tired still. But I'm awake. I might need a little more tram to get the stimulant effect I'm used to. 200mg is a low dose for me. I think that it may not be as effective right now because of the 50mg hydrocodone I took 12 hours before I started this experiment. I want to play minesweeper. I want to beat my high score of 192 seconds on Expert. Doubt it'll happen, though.

5:07pm - I thought I had peaked, but now I'm feeling the opiate effects much more prominently than even 15 minutes ago. Tramadol - what a strange but awesome drug. My energy is starting to steady out, I'm feeling less fatigued than I was only minutes ago.

5:10pm - 50mg tramadol ingested. Total dose so far: 250mg. I've been warming up since about 30 minutes after I took the first dose, but now I'm starting to sweat, I feel quite warm. This is normal for me. Does not really bother me. I'm also slightly itching all over. Mostly my head, feet, and, uh, my package.

5:25pm - Not really tired anymore, but seriously considering caffeine, since I am aware of the fact that my body is tired. I feel great, about to listen to some Dieselboy. Can't seem to win at minesweeper right now, much less beat my high score. Brain faculties seem nearly normal. I almost feel like I did sleep, or at least get a small nap, but I didn't. Stimulant properties to the rescue!

5:27pm - stomach discomfort pretty much gone, although I can tell I'm hungry. Forced down some Rice Krispies, feel a little better now. Can't stop drinking water, but I want my Mountain Dew or an energy drink. Afraid that would make my stomach upset again, though, and nausea/stomach discomfort is one of those things that fucks up my high because I hate feeling nauseous. That thought alone once again deters me from drinking a sugary/caffeinated beverage. I do not have any coffee or I would probably try that...

5:40pm - 50mg more. Total dose = 300mg. Feeling great. At this point I doubt caffeine would help me out any. I'm pretty much wide awake. Itchiness increasing. Cannot feel any of my pain right now other than a little bit in the left side of my jaw (I have pretty severe TMJ). Not bad enough to distract from this wonderful high, though.

5:54pm - Internal dialogue is going crazy. Lots of random thoughts going through my mind, most of them just babbling nonsense, almost. This effect is very amphetamine-like, I suppose caused by the tramadol's SNRI properties? Also, I can tell I'm a little bit irritable. I'm a nice guy who usually doesn't say anything to smart-ass remarks. However, I feel like if someone said something that rubbed me the wrong way right now I'd either be a smart-ass too or I'd say "fuck off" or something.

6:00pm - beginning to experience waves of euphoria washing over my body, but mostly my head. There is a constant buzzing in/around my brain, or so it feels.

6:08pm - 25mg more. I feel wonderful. Every little dose is kicking in faster and more efficiently. I am aware of the fact that bioavailability is increased with subsequent doses. That's kind of weird to me, I wonder why that is. Oh, well, it doesn't matter. Can't really focus on anything right now. Well, I can, but I feel like a little kid who can't keep his attention on anything. Like I've got ADHD really bad. This is another normal effect that I get from tramadol. Doesn't ever bother me because I feel content doing whatever it is that I am doing.

6:15pm - Fuck it. 25mg more. I can't resist this wonderful space-cadet high. I feel just great...I wonder how 10-20mg hydrocodone would synergize? I've done it plenty of times before, but I remember it causing me stomach problems. Since my stomach discomfort is finally gone, I have no wish to bring it back. I am totally awake, like I've taken about 15mg dextroamphetamine. Of course, this doesn't feel at all like an amp, just the "awakeness" factor.

6:23pm - Motherfucker, I CANNOT beat Minesweeper today! Damnit! Took shirt off. Too hot and sweaty. Sexy, huh?

6:46pm - Now I really feel like a dope fiend, scratching myself all happily, feeling very relaxed. I'm actually pretty content with this dose, but I'm going to continue to up it. Let's see what happens.

6:47pm - 25mg more.

7:09pm - 25mg more. I feel lethargic and kinda tired again, but there's no way I could sleep. It's weird, I'm wide awake, but it's very apparent to me that I need sleep. Fuck that shit. I don't want no sleep, fool. Still haven't won Minesweeper.

7:14pm - Beginning to cross over from moderate intoxication to str8 fucked up, dude. My brain doesn't seem to be working quite right. Sleep dep is a bitch sometimes. I'm pretty sure that my mind will clear up again soon, as it is possible to be very fucked up on tramadol and still think correctly (for the most part). There is a bad taste in my mouth, everything tastes bad right now. I don't usually get this effect, but it has happened before. Total dose so far is 400mg. Note: 400mg of tramadol is the max recommended dose per day. I would advise anyone interested in this drug to not exceed this dose until they know how they react to tramadol. I've never seen it happen myself, but I realize that a seizure is a very real possibility at this point, although I doubt that anything will happen to me tonight. Knock on wood.

7:24pm - Face and balls especially itchy. Ahh, feels good to scratch. Although I must note that tramadol is the only opiate/opioid I've ever taken that I have scratched myself until I bled on. Don't know why this is, and I don't believe in coincidence. Tramadol definitely can make me itch more intensely than other painkillers. Doesn't always, though.

7:32pm - All of a sudden I am tired again. I should lie down for a little bit and see if that helps. I highly doubt I could sleep.

7:38pm - 6 minutes later I'm back awake again, didn't even lie down. Just playing Minesweeper. I really want to win.

7:43pm - Still feel great. No decrease in effects.

8:00pm - I'm fucked up. I'm supposed to hang with a buddy a little after 9:00, but I'm not sure if I'll make it that far. I'm hungry but can't eat, tired but can't sleep...I kinda knew this was coming. After all, this is an experiment on how well tramadol works as a stimulant after having been up 24 hours. So far I can at least say that I could easily get a several-hour long boost from tramadol. I already knew that, done it plenty of times before, but I'm not sure that I've ever stayed up 24 hours and waited to dose until I was dead tired.

9:03pm - Been laying down watching Family Guy and American Dad. Just relaxed, my thoughts were still racing the whole time I was resting.

9:21pm - 100mg ingested. About to go find some weed (hopefully). I'm so tired it's like I'm asleep, like I'm inside a dream but I'm awake. I have a feeling I won't remember much of this in the morning.

Around 9:30 I left with my friend, and went to procure some herb, which had the usual effect of increasing the overall buzz of the opiates. I took 25mg hydrocodone at about 10:30pm, plus about 200mg more tramadol over the course of the next 4 hours. I didn't fall asleep until about 5 in the morning. Well, actually, I don't know if I really fell asleep until about 7, I think I was dreaming/awake at the same time, sort of like a nod but not. This effect is unique to tramadol for me, and this is where I like to get. It's hard for me to get this effect. It seems you gotta dose just right, but the hydrocodone helped with sedation eventually. I felt great all night, as well as energized.
Not much of a surprise to me, it acted like a stimulant, as normal. I just hadn't thought to make a report. Hopefully someone will find this useful.
Peace out, ya'll.

substancecode_hydrocodone
substancecode_tramadol
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_opioids
substancecode_pharms
_combo_

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty long, that's probably why. People are lazy =D. I always wish for more responses to my reports but mine are always very long.

Good read! Thanks for sharing. What effect did the hydro have on the tramadol high? You mentioned taking 25mg of hydro at the end but I couldn't tell what effect it had.

yeah, it was pretty long. you probably could have spaced out the updates a little more to cut down on length.

why is it you were awake for 24 hours without the aide of drugs prior to this? insomnia? do you work late hours?

i too love minesweeper. did you ever win?

i read just about all of it, good report & good description of the feeling of the tramadol high. it was kinda evident in your writing style, too, it changed and got a lot more casual when you were buzzin.

Xorkoth - Hah! I forgot to talk about the hydro! I was kinda fucked up at that point. Tramadol is more of a "heady" high for me than most other opiates/opioids. The hydrocodone added little-to-nothing to the euphoria I was experiencing, but definitely added to the body high, which doesn't come into effect for me with tramadol until I dose quite high (750mg - 1 gram).

stirfry - I'm a severe insomniac, as well as a night owl. I have fairly significant anxiety issues alot of the time, much of the time at night when I'm winding down. Sometimes when I actually close my eyes to sleep my mind starts acting like its panicking for some reason or another. As far as minesweeper goes, I finally won! 161 seconds on Expert! Still working my score up...

ellua - Kick ass, thanks for the complements. The report was meant to convey the feeling of the high through words as much as I could. I didn't think it was going to be as long as it was, though!

Tramadol is interesting. In my specific case, I don't find it energizing at all, in fact it shares some of the "sleepy warm" feeling of stronger opiates/opiods. It does, however, prevent me from sleeping until I'm like 70% down. The body high is pretty light, though. I have never "nodded" off it, but I think it might be possible with a reasonable dose of benzos and muscle relaxers.

I haven't tried mixing it with hydrocodone... I'm afraid they might target some similiar receptors and end up just fighting and wasting each other.

I thought your report was well-written twilight. It provided a good "surrogate high" while waiting for my tramadol.

It is most definitely possible to get the nods from Tramadol. You just gotta dose right, and a benzo/diphenhydramine or the like definitely helps, especially in those of us who get significantly energized from it.

Yeah, hydrocodone isn't that great of a combination with tramadol, because in my humble opinion, the tramadol kicks it's ass out of the park. I would have tried something else, but hydrocodone is the only opiate I can acquire with ease.

Yeah i have nodded from Tramadol, not many times though i grant you.

It's difficult to nod from tramadol alone due to the SNRI activity...get the dosage right, metabolize enough tramadol into M1, and it's heavenly...

Hardly an exact science, though.

Yeah, I was never a big fan of hydrocodone... it was never able to give me much of a high. Tramadol on the other hand has been nice... the two times I've tried it.

Seems to be a bit of a marmite drug - Tramadol. Those who like it like it alot,

Xorkoth said:
Yeah, I was never a big fan of hydrocodone... it was never able to give me much of a high. Tramadol on the other hand has been nice... the two times I've tried it.

Huh...that's interesting Xorkoth. I've never gotten any painkilling effect from it, and no euphoria unless I dose about 80-110mg hydrocodone at once. But then I awake from the nod dopesick as all hell.
You should get a script for Tramadol, while doctors still aren't hesitant to prescribe it. It's a great work drug, and it lends itself to my musical creativity somewhat. Overall, it's a great stimulant, anti-depressant, and most of all, opioid.

TheTwighlight said:
Huh...that's interesting Xorkoth. I've never gotten any painkilling effect from it, and no euphoria unless I dose about 80-110mg hydrocodone at once. But then I awake from the nod dopesick as all hell.
You should get a script for Tramadol, while doctors still aren't hesitant to prescribe it. It's a great work drug, and it lends itself to my musical creativity somewhat. Overall, it's a great stimulant, anti-depressant, and most of all, opioid.

I don't think I'm breaking rules by saying this: since tramadol is unscheduled it is easily obtainable over the internet, via a little mechanism called the "online consultation", without having to go through a live doctor. =D

I like the fact I don't nod on Tramadol. I rather be awake when it comes to being at work and feeling good. I work the midnight and I need that extra. It helps so much.

If I wanna nod I certainly won't take Tramadol though.

TheTwighlight said:

What would you tell a doctor to get a script? What is it prescribed for?

Pain. Most any kind of moderate pain. For me personally, fibromyalgia with pretty severe neuropathic pain.

"I haven't tried mixing it with hydrocodone... I'm afraid they might target some similiar receptors and end up just fighting and wasting each other."

Exactly. Tramadol has a higher binding affinity for those receptors, so you're basically wasting the hydrocodone. (Says my friend the pre-med - I have no idea :p )

I am prescribed tramadol for neuropathic pain due to possible fibromyalgia, as well as for my back and neck. I was in a fucked up wrecked that I'm lucky to have walked away from. Some doctors are really hesitant to prescribe it. I've had to switch doctors more than once because my doctor wanted me to get off it. I know what's good for me, damnit.