• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MPT Thread

Thought I'd bump an old thread, maybe someone out there has experience with this one. I got a gram of MPT freebase on the way and wondering if anyone has vaped/smoked this. There isn't much info out there on dosage or experiences. Was thinking of dissolving in acetone and spreading on some damiana herb and then smoking that in a metal pipe with a screen (once the acetone evaporates off of course). Worked well in the past if you get the concentrations right so you can get the right amount in a single hit.

I got a meth style pipe and could try using that instead but I find them to be a bit of a hassle, or at least never got the technique down. Guess I could try vaping off foil too. Anyways, advice appreciated. Not sure what to do with this exactly and what to expect.

I just smoked and snorted about 50mg of freebase MPT, a little bit at a time, over about an hour or maybe a little longer. I vaporized it in a freebase pipe. The MPT seems very pure. Its white and fluffy, didn't burn much when I snorted it, and has a mild sweet flavor when vaporized. I have some experience with three other base tryptamines, DMT, EPT, and DPT. The first 15 or 20 milligrams I smoked was a pretty solid dose. The rest of it I consumed made it a bit stronger and presumably prolonged the effects. To sum it up, MPT is very nice, with colorful visuals, a mild headspace, and very little body load.

The visuals were beautiful. With eyes open, my vision was sharp and clear and colorful, with hints of patterns forming everywhere. When I closed my eyes, I saw fractals and paisley patterns in bright shifting rainbow colors. It's not as visual as DMT, but the visuals were still very pleasing.

The headspace doesn't seem to have the depth of DMT or DPT. It's more on the level of EPT, but with less confusion and anxiety. I'm not sure if there is a potential for a full on breakthrough like with DMT or DPT. It was pretty clearheaded.

The bodyload wasn't bad at all. I didn't experience any nausea. Other than feeling cold, there was no discomfort.

I think MPT is pretty good, but not mind-blowing. I would say the overall feel of the trip is closer to DMT than to the other base tryptamines I've tried, but they seem to all be pretty different from each other. I think MPT would be great to combine with another psychedelic. I'll probably smoke some the next time I take acid. MPT and DPT would probably make a great combination too.

I've tried it couple of times and it seems to be pretty light and weak in action unless mixed with MAOI. I also use freebase and smoking/vaporizing route is the only way I've tried it. It doesn't seem to last too long even with MAOI, maybe 3-4 hours of noticeable effects.

MPT brings up waves of euphoria, both bodily and cognitive, color amplification and some floaty feeling for me. There's a report - http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/815...-(MPT)-(DMT)-Experienced-Self-Excited-Circuit , but I also took mescaline, 4-HO-EPT and DMT on that trip.

All and all I like MPT, but it is not enough to impress me, so I've been using it as an addition to other psychs. Let us know how your experimentation will go, I'd be interested! :)

cj187, how was snorting it? Noticeable effects compared to smoking?..8)

I also heard that the freebase is quite unstable but I've had my baggie for more than 6 months already and have been opening it and it still appears the same color and potency as the day I got it.

I can't really compare snorting it to smoking it. I smoked some first, then started snorting it. I don't know how much of the effects were from smoking and how much was from snorting it. I would imagine it's about 3 or 4 times less potent but longer lasting like with DPT or EPT. What I can say about it is that it hurt less than DPT HCl. I expected it to burn a lot because it's freebase. I only snorted a few mg at a time though, and I was already tripping which may have dulled the pain.

Last edited:
Thank you, cj187! Sounds quite promising - I'll give it a try next time and report back! ;)

I expected it to burn a lot because it's freebase..
- the reason I automatically opted out for smoking ROA. Good to hear it's not the case with it!

I appreciate the info and reports volsam and cj187. Eager to try this. Interesting that you snorted this, I didn't realize that was an option. Was under the impression that freebase chemicals don't readily absorb when snorted, so perhaps your effects were more from smoking? Anyways, don't want to speculate too much about things I'm not very certain about. Those reading should be aware that freebase and salt forms may not produce comparable results when snorted. I think I'll target 30 mg for my first experiment smoking. Should be able to get all the smoke in a single hit. Seems reasonable dose at least when compared to DMT. Hope to contribute to the info that's out there in a week or two.

I can't say how effective it was, but I think it did work because the duration was longer than a normal smoked tryptamine trip. Next time I'll try just snorting it.

I was just reading the MET thread and saw that somebody got decent effects from snorting 15mg of MET freebase, so I assume that it would also work with MPT.

I also plan to try taking MPT orally at some point.

Thanks for the report cj187, and thanks for adding on Volsam, that's some interesting stuff. :) It's fascinating to hear that the effects of MPT sound quite different in some ways from what I'm used to with 4-HO-MPT, but the same is also true with MiPT and 4-HO-MiPT, and really the others to their own extents, and I would also agree that different tryptamine bases are quite different from one another.... Despite having some definite tryptamine class similarities, this really is a remarkably varied group of molecules, with some pairs of chemicals barely even seeming like the same kind of drug.

Looking forward to trying this one more than ever now, and to any other reports anyone has to submit. :D

Great stuff. Have you had MET?
I just smoked and snorted about 50mg of freebase MPT, a little bit at a time, over about an hour or maybe a little longer. I vaporized it in a freebase pipe. The MPT seems very pure. Its white and fluffy, didn't burn much when I snorted it, and has a mild sweet flavor when vaporized. I have some experience with three other base tryptamines, DMT, EPT, and DPT. The first 15 or 20 milligrams I smoked was a pretty solid dose. The rest of it I consumed made it a bit stronger and presumably prolonged the effects. To sum it up, MPT is very nice, with colorful visuals, a mild headspace, and very little body load.

The visuals were beautiful. With eyes open, my vision was sharp and clear and colorful, with hints of patterns forming everywhere. When I closed my eyes, I saw fractals and paisley patterns in bright shifting rainbow colors. It's not as visual as DMT, but the visuals were still very pleasing.

The headspace doesn't seem to have the depth of DMT or DPT. It's more on the level of EPT, but with less confusion and anxiety. I'm not sure if there is a potential for a full on breakthrough like with DMT or DPT. It was pretty clearheaded.

The bodyload wasn't bad at all. I didn't experience any nausea. Other than feeling cold, there was no discomfort.

I think MPT is pretty good, but not mind-blowing. I would say the overall feel of the trip is closer to DMT than to the other base tryptamines I've tried, but they seem to all be pretty different from each other. I think MPT would be great to combine with another psychedelic. I'll probably smoke some the next time I take acid. MPT and DPT would probably make a great combination too.

You can snort DMT freebase even, it apparently burns like the dickens but it certainly is effective.

Great stuff. Have you had MET?

I haven't tried MET, but I plan to get some, along with some MALT once my vendor starts selling it.

Today I tried MPT again. I decided to snort it, and weighed out 15mg to see how it compares with smoking it. It burned pretty bad this time. I guess I didn't notice it much last time because I was already tripping. I went through about 2/3 of it, then gave up because it was painful. Snorting freebase works, but I wouldn't recommend it.

You can snort DMT freebase even, it apparently burns like the dickens but it certainly is effective.
- I have discovered it by simply smelling freshly made crystal powder and accidentally inhaling enough to activate the trip and indeed it was painful!.. :D

Gotta say, I am very impressed by this one. Prepared my dose using 30mg of freebase MPT, dissolved in acetone, absorbed into 60 mg of damiana leaf and dried off. Was a challenge to get all the smoke in one hit but was surprisingly smooth and pleasant and could barely notice the presence of a chemical. Expected a blastoff but not really like that.

Came up in intense waves and took a while to reach peak immersion. Not particularly visual at all but very perceptual even with eyes open as if gazing through. Light in a way but capable of depth. It was certainly a strong enough dose but not a complete flooring dose. I felt centered in a way throughout and didn't wish for it to be stronger. Made me very aware of my aches and pains in my body and odd energies in my field. A deep desire to be clean and healed deeply and to my core was the mindset of trip. Took it at 11:10 pm and still tripping lightly now 2 hours later. The stronger effects faded after 1 hour, afterglow trailed on. Pleasantly I might add. Glad I got to experience this one and will repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, thanks for sharing! I have a gram of this, haven't tried it yet. I want to try it smoked, and orally, and maybe rectally. There isn't much to go on in terms of anecdotes yet, despite it being available for a bit. So thanks. :)

God this has been one of those threads to discuss everything but the item in question. a DPT/DMT hybrid, hard to see that not working and indeed the effects (50mg smoked) were very good. Probably write something up but much nearer to DMT in action than DPT though the duration more like that of the latter; it seemed quite light and easy in nature but perhaps dosage might change that.

Have gone through smoking another 100mg of it. MPT freebase is somewhat nice when smoked with Harmaline taken orally prior to smoking. Wavy intoxicating feeling of being super spacey.

Character and substantiality is lacking in this chem imo, especially when taken without MAOI.