• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MPT Thread

DPT shares nothing in common with 5meodmt IME. It has an unpleasant body high and is devoid of euphoria where as 5meo while not as good as dmt/ayahuasca has a euphoria comparable to E/dmt sorta IMHO. As far as i'm concerned no N,N-Tryptamine with the same sub @ both N-position is really any good other than DMT of coarse.

To each their own. I think DPT is as perfect as a psychedelic can ever get. It is the only one that had such a lasting positive effect on my life (taken in combination with Ketamine, who did the majority of the work, to be fair).

I'd definitely be up for trying EPT and DET, but that's only because of their short duration (I presume?). I don't see the need for a "gentler" DPT - the fact that it hits you like a train is one of its good points.

Jamshyd said:
To each their own. I think DPT is as perfect as a psychedelic can ever get. It is the only one that had such a lasting positive effect on my life (taken in combination with Ketamine, who did the majority of the work, to be fair).
Well, ketamine is nice. Do you like salvia?

psood0nym said:
those doses of IM DPT are pretty high
I don't think so. Otherwise I wouldn't have tried 100. 100 were really a bit too much. Two propyls is just a wrong go.

Ethyl in EPT brings the third dimension into flat DPT experience. And a tryptamine warmth. And reduces the side effects too. Again, two different persons said it's like DPT.

DET effects vary from one person to another, for me it's only little more potent than MiPT. Some people state it is quite strong and visually rich, others - moderately so. Few feel almost nothing at all. It's side effects are quite noticeable, though not to the extent of DPT where they are annoing to horrible. I do not feel comfortable with them in doses higher, than 120 mg taken in a form of hydrochloride orally, especially on coming up. But there is a way to elongate and calm it down a little: 200 mg of the freebase as large crystals and in a gelatine capsule is a good way to trip on DET.

MPT feels like a hybrid of psilocin (more so, than DMT) and DPT. It's side effects are moderate, even in comparison with DET. It is definitely more visual than MET, yet of a different genre. Tropical verdure grows everywhere around you when in darkness. It looks the same upon closing the eyes, only start to morph, very much like visual effects of mushrooms. In higher doses CEV's move forward visions and complex scenes, not just plain geometry.

This chemical is capable to open the mind the way mushrooms do, though is, of course, inferior to them. There is some empathy present, and sense of harmony, though not a real sense of presence. That is the case when the dose is moderate to strong, not sure about higher ones. The state is a little dream like, and not that emotional as mushrooms or MET.

The most profound effects last only 1,5 hours when it is administered orally, about 40 minutes if the route of administration is i/m. The whole trip is 2 to 4 hours, and a little shorter, than MET.

I noticed with MET, my mindstate at the time of dosing significantly altered the visual nature of the trip...an aspect of the phenomenological experience of the drug that is entirely lacking from DMT (dmt is like a strap-in you're going for a ride rocket trip).

I guess DET may be even more pronounced than MET in that aspect?

Interesting thoughts, erny.

but, I agree with ps00d, 100mg IM of DPT is a huge fucking dose!

ps Can I ask how many experiences have you had with these chemicals? I might remind you that the experiences are highly variable (as you probably know) and that if you've only tried some chemical a handful of times you really don't have a good grasp on the character of the drug (it wasn't until I had tried MET roughly a dozen times that I could make what I felt were substantively valid comparisons of similarity/dissimilarity to DMT, which I've tried hundreds).

Gaian Planes said:
I guess DET may be even more pronounced than MET in that aspect?
No, there is nothing like that, completely, for me at least.

Erowid said:
DPT Dosage - IM
Threshold 10 mg
Common 15 - 75 mg
Strong 50 - 125 mg
I didn't feel it was really near an overdose. Very strong, though.

50mg IM was enough for the room to look like it would shake itself apart (so I mostly just kept my eyes closed!), so I can't even begin to imagine what 100mg IM would be like, other than requiring a 'what the fuck!' comment at some point =D

*newb here*
Just to be clear, MPT is "n,n-methyl-propyl-tryptamine", not "mono-propyl-tryptamine", right?

ebola

ebola? said:
*newb here*
Just to be clear, MPT is "n,n-methyl-propyl-tryptamine", not "mono-propyl-tryptamine", right?

ebola
In shulgin nomenclature mono-propyltryptamine would be NPT, I think

fastandbulbous said:
50mg IM was enough for the room to look like it would shake itself apart (so I mostly just kept my eyes closed!), so I can't even begin to imagine what 100mg IM would be like, other than requiring a 'what the fuck!' comment at some point
100 mg wasn't anything like a walls shattering dose. And my attempt to find any spiritual content inside this chemical described vividly in TIHKAL or erowid, when going up from 80 mg to 100, had no success. It is the same as trying to meditate on vodka. Only cloudiness would result.

And yes, I've forgotten about one girl at https://www.behigh.org/inv, who had visions of the sort described in TIHKAL, along with heavy body load at 50 mg i/m. And another one, that found it nasty at first, but later said she is willing to return there. So, we have 1,5 girls there out of dozen people, who have found something beyond GHB in DPT. :)

100 mg wasn't anything like a walls shattering dose. And my attempt to find any spiritual content inside this chemical described vividly in TIHKAL or erowid, when going up from 80 mg to 100, had no success. It is the same as trying to meditate on vodka. Only cloudiness would result.

This seems to correspond to what people said before about DPT turning 5-MeO-DMT like at such high doses. That could be part of what caused so many difficult or unpleasant experiences for you. DPT doses seem to vary quite a bit depending on ROA or who you ask. Always made me worry a bit about it, though I'd love to try it and DiPT at some point soon.

Last night I ingested 150mg of moclobemide, waited 40 minutes, and then insufflated 10mg of light yellow MPT fumerate. Purity and identity have been confirmed via GC-MS. There was a painful burn as expected, but it was significantly less severe and nauseating than DPT fumerate, MET fumerate, or DMT freebase. 10mg produced a slight shift from baseline. I waited twenty minutes and then orally ingested an additional 40mg by pouring it into my mouth. The taste was unpleasant, but not earth-shatteringly so. Within fifteen minutes I was at a plus three and felt a number of tryptamine signatures; most notably kundalini-type body vibrations that caused me to purr like a cat, shiver, and inadvertently trill my speech. There was a feeling that everything looked like a "filthy southwestern carpet." Outright visual distortions were rare and were mostly notional in nature e.g. things would look exactly the same as if I was sober yet they would appear utterly ridiculous. MPT is very light and good natured with less of a pull toward the heavy/negative than DPT and much sharper than dull and dumb MET, yet lacking the transcendental glory of DMT. The duration was a bit over two hours after which I took 15mg of 2C-B with two female friends, and we walked around the streets at night. I was wearing a giant pair of pants, which were given to me by an old schizophrenic friend. I felt that "New York City is a museum of disgusting" and ended up scrounging around under a bridge eventually finding a single child's shoe which I brought home and brewed sangria inside of. My two friends and I ravenously drank sangria from the abandoned child's shoe and then went to bed together.

I am acutely aware of the danger in mixing a MAOI with a phenethylamine. MPT is not being sold as a RC, please not not PM me for a source.

Last edited:
interesting TR there. Thanks for that. I dunno what it is about tryptamines & dirtiness, but every time i smoke DPT i feel like my apartment is disgusting. I'll even clean beforehand now to no avail.

Gonna search for my files, I had two additional experiences with MPT, one in nature and one i.m., latter was close to earth shattering at least on the aesthetic part. Just coming back from a horrid bipolar episode, not sure if I find my notes again in the mess around here...

Greets to Dondante, I'll be back to you soon.