• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiates: Natural vs. Synthetic

haha, ok, thats one very good reason why mr blonde is the mod here...

but still, what is YOUR personal choice on this class of drugs? Do you even notice a difference? or am I and all the previous responders full of shit and "an opioid is an opioid"?

Pretend this is Rush Limbaugh (or the most relevant conservative, opiate-addled pundit of your choice) and sound off here!

The only opioids as in fully synthetics ive had are propoxyphene, tramadol (guess thats a opioid?), meperidine, and fentanyl. As for opiates ive had codeine, oxycodone, morphine, hydromorphone. I think thats it anyway thats all i can remember at the moment atleast.

Id have to say that in terms of killing pain which is what i most want fentanyl is by far the best. It's pretty euphoric as well but not as good as hydromorphone in terms of euphoria.

So it's kind of a hard one for me. Guess it's a toss up.

I'd most certainly have to say the semi-synthetics.. diethyl-morphine.. hydromorph.. oxymorph.. hands down my favorites.. but I sure as hell would love to get my hands on some (synthetic opiate/s) fentanyl and some fentanyl analogs..
but I guess I'm just more of a somewhat 'natural' opiate addict.. something about morphine and the like are what I love most..

natural takes the cake. morphine/heroin for the win!! (blows any synth out of the fucking water. NOTHIGN beats heroin. it Is the holy grail of opie freaks :)

I guess technically 7Hydroxy Mitraginyne is a "Natural" opiate?

I really liked 7HOM when I was opiate naive. I found it to be a really stimulating opiate without much of the sedation of morphine.

Definitely semi-synthetics are my favorite.

Diacetylmorphine
Hydro/oxycodone

Never got to try hydro/oxymorphone but I'm sure I'd like those the most.

I would say that semi-synthetics provide the best rush. Lets look at hydromorphone. It is 10:1 with morphine and 3:1 with diacetylmorphine. I have tried pretty much every single legal opiate in the US, and I havnt found anything more "eurphoric". The downside of hydromorphone is that it has a tiny half-life, and low BA (expect when IVd). When I am administered hydromorphone via IV, it lasts about an hour.

I like tar.
Hydromorphone is nice. I've had it in the hospital, in pretty good doses. I liked it, but I like tar more.
The opiates I like are those closely related to morphine.

Tar i heard is shit compared to the powder herion here on the northeast. IDK if thats true or not.

Its not as potent (on average at least), but it has a different feel than powder, which I prefer. Its probably because it has small amounts of the other opium alkaloids. Like the reason so many people like pod tea.

I <3 tar.

I got to say tar is great, only a 100mg mscontin gives me a better rush. I like the pins and needles, intese rush of large doses of morphine, but tar is the best on price when your in the city.

QuasiStoned said:
I guess technically 7Hydroxy Mitraginyne is a "Natural" opiate?

I really liked 7HOM when I was opiate naive. I found it to be a really stimulating opiate without much of the sedation of morphine.

7OHM is not an opiate. It comes from a completely different family of chemicals, the only thing it has in common with opioids is that it binds to opioid receptors in the body.

Tar is different from Heroin (Diacetylmorphine) in that it contains dozens of other acetylized opium alkaloids and lots of 6-MAM and 3-MAM, including Diacetylmorphine. Tar is made by just reacting Opium dissolved in water with Acetic Anhydride, completely skipping the step that extracts Morphine from the Opium and getting rid of the solid matter and other chemicals. In some ways this makes it 'better' than straight Diacetylmorphine and worse in others.

Personally I prefer synthetics because they are more energizing.

I wonder if 6-MAM is accounted for when tar (or any heroin) is said to be X% diacetylmorphine. It should be, especially since 6-monoacetyl is stronger than diacetyl.

(that reminds me, I haven't read the microgram bulletin for a while - time to check that out)

johanneschimpo said:
I wonder if 6-MAM is accounted for when tar (or any heroin) is said to be X% diacetylmorphine. It should be, especially since 6-monoacetyl is stronger than diacetyl.

(that reminds me, I haven't read the microgram bulletin for a while - time to check that out)

Probably not. If they did that they would have to add every active opiate/opioid present as 'Heroin'. Although what 'Heroin' means is up for debate. Some people say it means pure Diamorphine, others say what is made with clandestine production is 'Heroin' i.e. diacetylcodeine, 6-MAM, etc or everything that is sold in a stamp bag as 'Heroin' makes 'Heroin' what it is (Quinine, Procaine, Lidocaine, Caffeine,etc).