• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opiates: Natural vs. Synthetic

Too me, synthetic opioids don't last as long and the euphoria is cleaner. Natural opioids give you a longer buzz with a 'heavier' euphoria.

^^^Is immodium synthetic or natural? LOL.
I like the clarity and cleanliness of Fent and oxy more than the heavy body load morphine gives me. I like to change up every now and again bec. the morphine always lasts longer and that is one of its benefits.

OT:
Sorry, what would Kratom be? It works on the opiate receptors but isn't derived from poppies, right? So that would make it a natural opioid but not opiate, right?

Back on topic: I prefer IV/IM morphine (natural) the most followed by fent (synthetic) followed by dihydrocodeine (semi synthetic?) followed by codeine (natural).

I don't feel a big difference between nodding hard from codeine/DHC and morphine or fent. Most trashed I've ever gotten is on fent though, I was truly somnolecent and badly nauseous for the first time after chewing on a brand new 25uG/hr patch for about an hour. It was probably quite close but I forced myself to keep awake and eventually passed out in my chair about 3 hours after I took the patch out my mouth (in shock after I felt that it was too strong). I'd chewed used patches before and never felt like that so I was sort of doubting that it would work as well as it did. I sort of thought they were abuse proof.

So I can't say I feel a huge difference from the above four, just varied potencies, more or less the same feeling. Tramadol and Mepiridine definitely feel vastly different from what I'd consider normal opiates.

Absolutely prefer morphine/heroin to all opioids (that I've tried).

Still need to give oxymorphone a try...but in my experience morphine and diamorphine are just better overall. Oxycodone in particular blows donkey balls for me, after having it done it so many times I've grown quite tired of the electric body rushes it gives me and the just general ickiness of it all.

Moreso, I would go for opium before morphine or heroin. I like the all-encompassing full receptor cascade feeling one gets from the spectrum of alkaloids in pods and opium.

Luckily, in the past I had truly unlimited access to any and all pharmaceutical opiates (brand-name) used/sold/produced in the United States, and at a low cost as well. Needless to say, I've had more than my fair share in tasting every single one. I'll just cover my personal opinions regarding the "big" ones, in small paragraphs.

Codeine, which I obtained in 60mg IR tabs (only ingredient was Codeine, no APAP), really just makes me itchy and uncomfortable now. When I was opiate-naive, I remember taking 8 Tylenol3's and feeling amazing. I even caught a nod! It was the first time I had ever "nodded" off of opiates, and it was also what got me interested in the first place. It gives me a HORRIBLE histamine reaction, though, so I don't take it, no matter what. I list it as a "Patient Allergy" anytime I go to the doctor/E.R.

Hydrocodone, obtained in all forms but primarily Norco 10/325mg, made me nauseous the first time I tried to get high (15 or 20mg), but after the nausea and cold-sweats passed, I just laid on my couch and was content with everything and doing nothing. As my tolerance went up, and I had to CWE, I found that doses higher than 100-120mg produced extreme empathogenic effects. It was similar to X, but obviously an opiate. I was sedated, but very talkative and empathetic. It's okay, but it doesn't work for pain for me.

Oxycodone, obtained in all forms but primarily Roxi30's and Oxy 40/80's, is a very stimulating opiate for me. I would snort/shoot an 80 and then go clean the entire house and vacuum and all that. If I increased my dose, it would cause sedation. Currently I am Rx'd it in the form of OxyContin 20mg's, for L5-S1 rupture and herniation, and it does jack-all for killing pain for me. I WILL be asking to be switched to a -morphone (i.e. Opana) as I am currently unable to walk, have a job, or go to school. I do feel that Oxycodone is one of the most over-rated opiates.

Hydromorphone, obtained in the form of Dilaudid 4mg and Hydromorphone 2mg/mL ampules, was the first opiate I ever IV'd (I found an amp and rejoiced!). It hit me hard, and the feeling was like nothing I'd ever felt before. No doubt this is what triggered my addiction. I would say that, euphorically, the rush is second only to oxymorphone, although the "high" doesn't last much longer than 2 hours, if that. Very little histamine reaction, but the drug is worthless in any ROA besides IV. I used to mix up, say, 24mg Dilaudid with around 30mg Opana, fit it into one needle, and shoot it. Almost OD'd once, but it was incredibly, unbelievably, the most euphoric thing I have ever experienced.

Morphine, obtained as MS-IR 30mg, MS-Contin 200mg, Avinza, Kadian, and MS04 10mg/mL ampules, is great until your tolerance really gets up. I was having to IV nearly 700mg of Morphine at once to get a rush and maintain a high, but it caused such a strong histamine reaction that I stopped using it all-together. At that dose, my face would turn bright red and feel like it was on fire, the pins and needles would hurt, and I'd get a rash along the vein I injected into. Other ROA's proved to be less-than-exciting, so I just stuck with the "better" stuff.

Oxymorphone, obtained as Opana ER 40mg and Opana IR 10mg, is BY FAR my favorite opiate/opioid. It's analgesic properties are second to none, regardless of ROA, and same for euphoria, except the euphoria is only truly obtained via IV usage. I got my tolerance to upwards of 70mg a day IV. I would also snort the 40mg ER's, which actually kept me high longer than any other opiate I've snorted (6 or so hours, with a HUGE tolerance). I mentioned my current injury above, and it's got me at a 7 or so on the pain scale, peaking at a 9 or 10 (yes, truly the worst pain I've ever felt; radiates from my back down to my knee and makes my leg useless; I have to use a cane to walk), and I really am going to try to get my doctor to switch me from OC and Percocet to Opana ER and IR; not for abuse, but for legitimate pain treatment. He seems not bad so far, Rx'd OC's on second visit, and with Endo touting it as the "new, less-addictive, un-abusable alternative to OxyContin", I think that it's a good possibility. I'm a Pharm Tech, so I'll just mention about how our distributor kept pushing the stuff on us, trying to get us to switch patients to it from OC. I've got my fingers crossed.

Heroin, obtained via street, is something I've used only because my access to these pharmaceuticals was terminated (I moved to another state). I've never gotten a true "rush" off of dope, and had a habit of a gram or so a day, but I used it to keep me well. The euphoria was decent, but not much more than morphine's. This was only used IV, and being that it's street dope, that means purity is up in the air. Based on that, I can't give a true, accurate statement as to comparable effects.

Fentantyl, obtained as Duragesic, Actiq, and Fentanyl Powder, has always been super-heavy on the Nod, but weak in the euphoria and how long it lasts. It always gives me horrible heartburn, and for that reason I don't seek it out. When it comes around, I don't turn it down, either, though. It's decent at analgesia, but I wouldn't want to be Rx'd the patches, as most people don't have much good to say about them, and I only ever used them for the gel.

So, apparently I'm a huge fan of the semi-synthetics, don't much care for synthetic or natural.

Love the natural for recreational use if I actually had severe pain that might change but who knows.

Opium, morphine, hydromorphone, and oxycodone are my personal favorites...so I guess a combination of natural and semi-synthetics. I've yet to try skag though.

Natural. Pod tea is my fav- a well rounded high. Long duration, euphoria, strong body high, nod. Tar smoked- similar effects.

Synthetic and semi synthetic are a close second though. Hydrocodone is a happy empethetic high, Oxy is an energetic high though too short lived. Hydromophone has a great rush and nod.

The only Opiate I've been dissapointed in is Fent. Shorter than oxy even and the high didn't meet my expectations.

I've only had oxycontin, tramadol, codeine and dihydrocodeine and my favorite I don't really mind any of them. Tramadol was probably my favourite though.

1.Fentanyl (actiq 1,200 mcg)
2.Oxycontin ( Red 60`s)
3.Dilaudid ( M/4)(K/4)
4.Kadian (200mg)
5Methadone (10mg/ml red liquid)(40mg Wafers)
6.Hydrocodone (Tussionex)(Lortab)
7.Torbutrol ( Stadol)
8.Nubain (nalbuphine)
9. Demorol (Merprigan)

....never done Heroin,Levorphanol,

diddymal said:
I've only had oxycontin, tramadol, codeine and dihydrocodeine and my favorite I don't really mind any of them. Tramadol was probably my favourite though.
So your tellin me that you did oxycontin a Schedule II Narcotic ?..and you liked tramadol that is not even on the Controlled Substance list?....i mean come on

dakidd08 said:
So your tellin me that you did oxycontin a Schedule II Narcotic ?..and you liked tramadol that is not even on the Controlled Substance list?....i mean come on
It could happen, its just a matter of preference. A lower schedule doesn't always mean something is better.
I like somas, a lot, and they're are unscheduled. Actually, I like tramadol too, and I was a straight junkie heroin addict for a few years. It all goes back to personal preference.