Removal of C&U - Separated into regional Social - READ & VOTE

Should C&U be moved into the social forums?

• Definitely should

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Probably should

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Probably should NOT

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Definitely should NOT

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Hoptis is a panda

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Rogue Robot

Bluelight Crew
What?

With the site upgrade, there is discussion going on about the removal of College & University as a whole. C&U material will be moved into the regional social forums.

Why?

In case you hadn't read the announcement that's at the top of every forum here at BL, there is discussion going on about the removal of College & University with the site upgrade. The reason being is that the traffic here is very intermittent, and many of the threads are similar to what would be found in the regional social forums, e.g. roll calls.

TLB has brought up discussion of the community forums about a week ago.

What we need from you guys is your input. Do you want this to happen? Do you want C&U to be separate from the social forums? Do you feel that your questions will be taken care of in the manner in which they are here currently?

Speak up NOW. This is not set in stone that this will happen, but hearing what you guys have to say is important. BL is a community. Your opinion counts, too.

Well it seems more likely that hoptis will be a panda than any decision be made, but I'm ok with that ;)

So, to add to what RR has posted, the forum has been stagnating for a while - read it's whole life ;) and we've never really had a solid core group of people to think of as a community for this forum, so it is a little different to most other forums on bluelight. Also, as the majority of threads here are questions about the US system or US Colleges, most of that traffic could easily be handled in the NSA Social forum.

My opinion is that it would be better to remove this forum, and separate topics into the regional social forums, but don't let that affect your vote!

CB :)

i voted for 'probably should'. :\

i do believe that college & uni issues are inherently regional in nature, and would get a much better response in their own regional forums. there is also more chance of postgrads answering C&U type questions in their regional forums than in C&U itself. just my gut feel on it, i'm not an expert on the issue.

:)

I voted 'Definitely should NOT' :)

but hoptis is a panda

i think it's a great place for college discussion and answers to questions you might have about college.

keep it

for the sake of bluelight

keep it

or....

don't

Last edited:
I voted probably should :)

I have been to university 3 times, and done a number of courses and certificates. But, to be honest.. I have probably looked in C&U half a dozen times in the last year or so?

If there were people needing questions answered, I could prob contribute if they were in Aus Social.

But are people less likely to start a thread elsewhere and not bother at all?

If not the regional forums then I could see SO also being home to threads of this topic that might be more general that regional but there probably wouldn't be many.

I agree with what CB said...

Move it to social I say!

What are the stats on the traffic in C&U v. the social forums?

C&U vvvvvvvvv

Aus Social ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NSA Social??

Euro Social ^^^^^^^^^

C&U is one of the least trafficed forums around...

I voted probably should.

I know that SO was usually the home for C&U type threads in the past and a lot of people still post threads that belong in C&U in SO and they end up being moved.

I wouldn't mind either way, if the threads were moved to regional forums or to SO.

I think it probably should go into socials. The social forums might have a better chance to gel at as community with the few people who go in and out of College and University.

im highly against this removal:)
i voted "Definitely should NOT"
anyone do so ill give them free xxx passwords!!

I vited definitely should not.

I think having a seperate resource for C&U is a great idea. If the poster wants to narrow it down to region they can always include that info in their thread title or post. I don't think many people would want to sift through a social forum to find the ellusive C&U posts.

heh. you make sifting through a social forum sound like such hard work!

i'm sure there will be a larger amount of replies in the regional forums.

I was tempted to vote 'hoptis is a panda,' but I wanted my voice to be heard. I like C&U a lot. It's just a shame there isn't more traffic there. I don't care whats done to it provided the following two conditions:
1. it still exists in some form
2. it has more traffic than before
You guys work your magic. I'd like to meet more people who go to my school. There's over 20,000 students, so there have to be a few BLers there...

This also might help with history, but I think a resurrectionist eventually stole the the buried body of C&U and created another forum. *BUMP*