• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

best friend gettin in the way of a relationship

I have a male "friend" that I've always had a crush on--it was so glaringly obvious that my most recent boyfriend broke up with me because of it. He has started seeing a new girl and I don't think she's good enough for him and I tell him so but obviously I have other motives.

Don't assume your friend is just a friend.

MethaContin said:
Friendship > Pussy...............
Happy Relationship > Friendship > Pussy

Important distinction.

Why the fuck wouldn't this girl want you to go out with a girl that makes you happy? Doesn't sound like a good friend to me... If there's some concrete reason she's given you, you haven't told us, so all I can assume is that she's jealous, which is utterly stupid.

rant*N*rave said:
Happy Relationship > Friendship > Pussy

Important distinction.

Why the fuck wouldn't this girl want you to go out with a girl that makes you happy? Doesn't sound like a good friend to me... If there's some concrete reason she's given you, you haven't told us, so all I can assume is that she's jealous, which is utterly stupid.
If only we could have EVERYTHING we want my friend, But we cant.........

Sure we can. If you are truly in a happy, healthy relationship, or are pursuing one, a true friend wouldn't do anything to stop you. Unless the OP is keeping some seriously important details from us, there is no other conclusion than that this "friend" of his is jealous, a bitch, or both.

rant*N*rave said:
Sure we can. If you are truly in a happy, healthy relationship, or are pursuing one, a true friend wouldn't do anything to stop you. Unless the OP is keeping some seriously important details from us, there is no other conclusion than that this "friend" of his is jealous, a bitch, or both.
Well Said....... ill give ya that.........

rant*N*rave said:

That's a little harsh. Perhaps the OP's friend is right about this girl. Have you ever had a male friend warn you about some jerk you started dating? I certainly have, and am thankful for it, despite refusing to believe it initially.

I am with Rant n' rave on this. This so called friend is also friends with his love interest, so this cannot be any more than typical insecure female games.

The fact that she is doing it behind his back and denying it when he confronts her says enough really. She is being manipulative and vindictive. IMO people like that in your life are toxic and will only cause further issues.

well, im not holding anythin back, i tend to be pretty honest on BL, this is no exception. and while yes, my friend can be a bitch, i dont think shed do that....... i hope

Typical girl nonsense. And doesn't it mean the best friend has an unrequited crush or whatever. Could just be your standard irrational jealousy.

I don't think it means that you have to ditch your best friend. Just that this is probably something that comes with the territory when your best friend is of the opposite sex.

I hope it isn't just pure irrational behaviour. :\

Has she gotten like this with any other girlfriends or girls you've been into? If it's just plain jealousy with no purpose, then she's likely to be like this with every girl. That's gonna be tough to deal with.

My ex had a friend of the opposite sex. We didn't date long enough for her to get too nutty, but she had a crush on him and I knew this so I was able to take it all with a grain of salt. I think it was easier to deal with when I knew the motivation, so I was able to blow off the catty behaviour.

No one can influence your choices. You make them for yourself in the end. It all depends on how much you like this person or respect your friend. I have always gone for the "wrong" guys and had my friends warn me other wise then gone ahead and been proven wrong but it's lesson learned. And because my friends were true friends they stuck by me no matter mt choices.

shes never really liked the girl that ive dated or been into, but i never really had anything going on with someone who was also a friend of hers. i always just thought it was her being protective of me....

Heh, keep thinking that and see how far you go with finding yourself a nice girlfriend. This kind of shit happens all of the time with insecure psycho bitches who not only think they own their male friends, but also want to be with them, or have the male friends want them. She will be jealous that you have found interest in another female of whom could possibly replace her. She will want to be the most important female in your life, so to see you getting friendly with a nice girl only makes her blood boil. Unless you make a decision to only date ugly shitty girls, expect to go through this. If you need to keep her around as a friend of course, personally, i don't see why you would.

I bet she doesn't mind if you fuck other women, but for you to be connecting with another female will be out of the question if she has anything to do with it. Have fun!

zigzag| dta said:
i always just thought it was her being protective of me....

And that is the false illusion she wants you to be under. This isn't about you and whats best for you, this is all about HER. Why is it so hard for you to see that? She's got you good.

no, i refuse to believe that. she has been there for me through my dad having cancer, me going through hard time, my sister being sick, etc. there is a reason she is my best friend. and while she is the most important girl in my life(other than my mom and older sister) i dont think she would be vindictive about keeping it that way

update.... turns out shes a whore

next time im going to stick with my best friend.....

The girl you like probably doesn't like you in that way but she still wants you as a friend. She might be more interested in someone else.

Your friend probably knows that and doesn't want to hurt your feelings so she is protecting you.